Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kissed/touched another guy but does my boyfriend have to know? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernature)
    We all make mistakes, we are humans at the end of the day :rolleyes:
    ...OP?

ReputationRep:
    If it were me I wouldn't bother telling. What good would it do? If it meant nothing then forget and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureHeartSurg)
    haha we may not know anything about her relationship, but i can damn well bet you don't either. And no, in a healthy relationship, these things do NOT happen. Just because "men and women can be equally as susceptible" (which has no factual/statistical basis other than your "experience") it doesn't make it ok.
    You may think of "a sliding scale", but that doesn't mean anyone else in the world does. Your thoughts are irrelevant in any form of argument/debate because they are meaningless. Nobody cares what you think.

And this is in no way a lynch mob response. They just all want her to confess. Maybe you should look at the history behind lynching before you throw that phrase about so carelessly.

Conclusion: you're an arrogant sod with nothing better to do than to barge into conversations with a false and pathetic sense of self-righteousness backed up by nothing more than your "experience" and "thoughts".

** by the way, it's "lynch mob", not "linch mob"
    I think this charming contribution illustrates my point well... Some pretty intolerant people around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I think this charming contribution illustrates my point well... Some pretty intolerant people around.
    Well I think that this pointless contribution just wasted more of my time. To cut this short -you went on this page:
    1) whilst in full knowledge of the fact that this is a site where people answer questions, even if the answers do not please you
    2) knowing that we are all entitled to our opinions, and do not need someone as meaningless as you to judge us for them
    3) without even answering the question that the person asked, or offering any kind of helpful advice at all.

And when I call you out on that, you say that I " [ illustrated] your point well " ? seriously ? you think you won ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JagSan)
    ...OP?
    No, just think that people out there do make mistakes and learn from them. That is life.

(Original post by Anonymous)
      I know a guy who is known as a player in our community. He gave me one piece of advice he said was essential.

"Never fall in love"

He told me its the most BS thing that you can get into. He said he fell in love, and each time the girl cheated on him and it ripped him apart. Now he has multiple "girlfriends", and said "its all about making them think you love them, convince them you are, but never actually fall in love, have something to hold to in case **** goes wrong and you actually do trip over and fall"

Just some advice im forwarding.
      What a ****. Just because someone treats you like ****, it doesn't give you the right to do that to other people.

However, he is right about never falling in love. I often get crushes, usually thinking that the guy is the most amazing person ever, then another one comes and the image of the previous guy goes away, and then I think the new guy is the most amazing person ever - and so on and so forth.

It's stupid.

(Original post by Treeroy)
        I wouldn't tell him if it were me - I wouldn't want to lose my boyfriend. If the guilt is eating you up, though, you may feel more comfortable by telling him, regardless of whether the relationship ends or not.
        Shouldn't have ****ing done it in the first place then.

ReputationRep:
        don't worry OP. i recently heard that a new user on TSR who goes by the name "bore over me" had recently cheated on his chipmunk with his elephant. **** like this happens all the time.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Treeroy)
        I wouldn't tell him if it were me - I wouldn't want to lose my boyfriend. If the guilt is eating you up, though, you may feel more comfortable by telling him, regardless of whether the relationship ends or not.
        is that picture in the sig meant to be a joke? I can't believe that guy would actually say that.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Fat-Love)
        is that picture in the sig meant to be a joke? I can't believe that guy would actually say that.
        Yes, silly
        I saw the picture on 4chan and, as a deGrasse Tyson fan, I couldn't help but howl with laughter.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
        If it were me I wouldn't bother telling. What good would it do? If it meant nothing then forget and move on.
        Don't you think he deserves the truth? Are lies really the basis for a good relationship?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by joker12345)
        Don't you think he deserves the truth? Are lies really the basis for a good relationship?
        No but what good will it do? It's not like she slept/had an affair with someone, I just don't see why it's necessary to tell him. If my boyfriend kissed someone I'd prefer not to find out. Lots of relationships are based on lies!

ReputationRep:
        No but what good will it do? It's not like she slept/had an affair with someone, I just don't see why it's necessary to tell him. If my boyfriend kissed someone I'd prefer not to find out. Lots of relationships are based on lies!
        Why the big distinction between kissing/touching and sleeping with - they're both cheating? And perhaps you wouldn't want to know, but he probably would. The good ones probably aren't though!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by joker12345)
        Why the big distinction between kissing/touching and sleeping with - they're both cheating? And perhaps you wouldn't want to know, but he probably would. The good ones probably aren't though!
        Kissing someone in a drunken moment isn't the same as actually going all the way and sleeping with someone. Kissing someone can happen in a second or two, sleeping with someone usually takes an entire evening/night to come to fruition so to speak. You have to be pretty aware of what you're doing to sleep with someone else (alcohol considered). Although I class kissing someone else as "cheating" usually when people say they cheated they mean they slept with someone else, I'm inclined to think the reason it doesn't usually mean kissed is because no one bothers to confess. It's not a big deal (for me anyway).

ReputationRep:
        Kissing someone in a drunken moment isn't the same as actually going all the way and sleeping with someone. Kissing someone can happen in a second or two, sleeping with someone usually takes an entire evening/night to come to fruition so to speak. You have to be pretty aware of what you're doing to sleep with someone else (alcohol considered). Although I class kissing someone else as "cheating" usually when people say they cheated they mean they slept with someone else, I'm inclined to think the reason it doesn't usually mean kissed is because no one bothers to confess. It's not a big deal (for me anyway).
        That applies to just one kiss, but she said they flirted, kissed, touched each other - more than just one second ie pretty conscious. Each to their own, it's fine if it's not a big deal and you'd forgive it but surely your partner deserves the choice is all I was saying.

ReputationRep:
        So he trusts you by allowing you to go to a nightclub and you go and cheat on him. Is that how you pay back his trust? Shame on you, he deserves better than an ungrateful slut like you.

ReputationRep:
        What he doesn't know wont hurt him.

ReputationRep:
        The concept of honesty really gets lost on some people. And when I say people, I mean cowards.

ReputationRep:
        What would Lucifer do?

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2013
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.