Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaffski)
    Hi...

I really want to apply to Kings. I have 11A* gcse, 783 ukcat, AAAA as level. How likely is it I will get an interview?
    If your A levels include Chem and Bio, then probably pretty likely! Make sure your personal statement is tip top though, just to be sure!

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to apply to Kings this year. The only thing I'm worried about is student satisfaction. Does anyone know why it is so ridiculously low for medicine? Seems odd for a fantastic college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    I'm definitely going to apply to Kings this year. The only thing I'm worried about is student satisfaction. Does anyone know why it is so ridiculously low for medicine? Seems odd for a fantastic college!
    I'm not there and I could be wrong, but I imagine it could be due to it being in London where there lacks a 'uni community' feel to it. Everyone is spaced out all over London and it's pretty expensive. What I've heard from a mate that went to my school and is going into his 4th yr of the Kings medicine course is the hospital visits were only occasional in the first 2 years and usually poorly organised- however, being central London I suppose you can probably expect them to be pretty overworked! He also said another issue was poor feedback.

Having said that, student satisfaction ratings are only done by final year students and all these issues are only really relevant to the first few years, so I'm afraid I haven't really answered your question at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veriluxe)
    I'm a Canadian student with a Bachelor of Science Honours & Masters of Science degree.

I'm really hoping for King's med - going to apply graduate entry as it'll automatically put me in the undergrad entry (they said). As schools only look at the first undergrad degree, I'm a bit worried because mine just makes the cut off. UKCAT 785.

Does anyone have any input on my chances for an interview? Thanks!
    I'm international as well! Hi! I'm not sure if I should apply to the standard, 5 year degree or the 4 year GEP.

Apparently there are only 2 places for internationals on the graduate entry course! I wonder how many apply for those two spots and how many are shortlisted for interview....!

ReputationRep:
    Really? There are only 2 spots? How'd you find this out? Eek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? There are only 2 spots? How'd you find this out? Eek

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dear _________,

Thank you for your email and your interest in King's College London.

There are two places available for international students on the 4-year graduate entry programme. There is no set cut-off score for the UKCAT, but we usually look at the top 25% of scores that are sent to us. This past year a minimum competitive average was 730.

I hope this answers your enquiry but please do not hesitate to contact us with any further queries.

Kind regards,

^....I really wanted to know so I emailed. 730 doesn't sound too bad! I don't know how many they shortlist for interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just got my UKCAT results, I got 695
    I'm a reapplicant with A*AAb
    I'm not sure if they matter anymore but GCSE: 5A*, 3.5A, 1C

I know my UKCAt is a little too low, would I have any chance of getting interview, or would it be a wate of an application?

ReputationRep:
    Is there an advantage to people who are applying with their actual A level grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zheyuan)
    Is there an advantage to people who are applying with their actual A level grades?
    Doubt it! Surely to make it an even playing field they would be cool with people submitting applications having been predicted a levels and those already having received their results.

ReputationRep:
    Because I've looked at like some medical school like keele, if you have already achieved your A level results they foreit their gcse requirements

ReputationRep:
    how much importance to Kings give to GCSEs? from the prospectus i got the impression ukcat is very important but 'academic record' is a bit vague

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    Hey everyone, just got my UKCAT results, I got 695
    I'm a reapplicant with A*AAb
    I'm not sure if they matter anymore but GCSE: 5A*, 3.5A, 1C

I know my UKCAt is a little too low, would I have any chance of getting interview, or would it be a wate of an application?
    can a brother get some loooove?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I got 673 in the UKCAT and I have 95% as predicted grade for the Italian Diploma di Esame di Stato, do you think I have possibilities to be offered an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_ANT)
    Hi guys, I'm just going into 2nd year doing medicine at King's. If you've got any questions about applying or the course, feel free to ask.
    okay so i see loads of people asking if they have a good chance at getting an interview and it must be getting annoying so i apologise! but i got 6A* and 5As at GCSE, 4As at AS with 3A* prediction, 770 UKCAT average. Ive done quite a bit of work experience too, but worried from peoples comments on here that my GCSEs might not be very competitive :s

ReputationRep:
    730 sounds not bad; now I'm wondering if they'll put grad applicants in the 5 year program if we're unsuccessful in the 4 year program application. I read online we are included, but that if we apply to BOTH the 4 and 5 year program, we have a better chance? Did you know about this and how it works?

(Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Dear _________,

Thank you for your email and your interest in King's College London.

There are two places available for international students on the 4-year graduate entry programme. There is no set cut-off score for the UKCAT, but we usually look at the top 25% of scores that are sent to us. This past year a minimum competitive average was 730.

I hope this answers your enquiry but please do not hesitate to contact us with any further queries.

Kind regards,

^....I really wanted to know so I emailed. 730 doesn't sound too bad! I don't know how many they shortlist for interview.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to Kings College open day next Saturday? 28th?

ReputationRep:
    730 sounds not bad; now I'm wondering if they'll put grad applicants in the 5 year program if we're unsuccessful in the 4 year program application. I read online we are included, but that if we apply to BOTH the 4 and 5 year program, we have a better chance? Did you know about this and how it works?
    The admissions guy said that applicants to the 4 year program may be considered for the 5 year program. Not sure how it works for international applicants. Potentially an even better chance given there are more places for internationals on the 5 year course, but don't hold me to that.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed but didn't really get a straight up answer. :/ Apparently if we apply to the 4 year course and make it past the interview stage, we'd be considered for both the 4/5 year courses. (and ONLY if we get shortlisted for interview).

P.S I reckon you are right in thinking we'll have a better chance if we apply to both the standard A100 and the GEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KlaudiaOlives10)
    Is anyone going to Kings College open day next Saturday? 28th?
    Wut, where?! Their website says the medicine open days are all finished!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    Wut, where?! Their website says the medicine open days are all finished!
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/visi...September.aspx

^This one is probably geared towards other subjects and KCL in general.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.