Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: how do you deal with bad period pains? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachiriot)
    What was weird for me was that my period pains were inconsistent! One month I'll be in complete agony and I'll be passing out and all that stuff, the next month I'll take a mefenamic acid tablet, watch a movie and feel sorry for myself for a few hours and I'd be fine! haha Have you tried different birth control methods?
    Really?that is random! I wish it would of worked for me.The good thing is the pain usually last for just the first 2 days.No I haven't tried any birth control methods I might have to have a look.I'm thinking of trying feminax though as a lot of people have recommended it. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany96)
    Oh really,that's good then! You see paracetamol on its own never seem strong enough. :-( Yes I've heard exercise does ease pain and I swear I need to try it out but whenever I'm actually on I just want to lay in bed all day eating a load of junk watching soppy films hahaha. I think I need to get my act together!
    I meant when I did more exercise in general about a year ago I used to go the gym or swimming 3 times a week and I barely got any, I always found exercising whilst I had period pains always made them worse if anything. They might get better as you get older (Im assuming you're 16/17 by your username). Mine used to be horrendous when I was younger (on the first day they were that bad I felt sick and couldn't get out of bed and I'd have to take strong painkillers/ibuprofen and paracetamol together for the rest of it) but now I can just get away with taking ibuprofen every few hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.