Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys i just got a place on the adult nursing course and im staying in halls (hopefully) i was wondering if anyone knows if the university supply anything like pots and pans etc?? this would be really helpful because it was a clearing option so i now have 3 weeks to get organised :/

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to Kingston, y'all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa_Paige)
    Heyy guys i just got a place on the adult nursing course and im staying in halls (hopefully) i was wondering if anyone knows if the university supply anything like pots and pans etc?? this would be really helpful because it was a clearing option so i now have 3 weeks to get organised :/
    Lol cooking stuff you have to bring with you, the following are provided though

• a single bed;
    • curtains;
    • fitted carpet;
    • a desk;
    • a chair;
    • book shelves;
    • a waste-paper bin; and
    • a notice board.

In the kitchen you'll find:

• a cooker;
    • a fridge/freezer;
    • a microwave;
    • a kettle;
    • a toaster;
    • lockable cupboards (in most halls);
    • an iron and ironing board;
    • a broom, dustpan and brush;
    • a vacuum cleaner; and
    • a mop and bucket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanHodge)
    Yes i'm very interested, will they take first years (this seems to be a sticking point with some) ? A few questions, how much is the deposit? are there any photos on-line I can see? obviously I will need to visit; who would I arrange this with/through? finally, what is the contract: Sept till ?

Thanks Han
    Hey
    will message you the details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieanne95)
    I am! Halls applications are re-opening on the 27th so there could be a second chance there. What campus are you on? And what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I'm going to try and apply tomorrow (fingers crossed!) but still looking at flats incase my ideal plan doesn't work out.. Penrhyn Road and Biomedical Science, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Same applying today. Geography Bsc at penrhyn road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi im going to be studying criminology and psychology at the pehnryn road campus & staying in seeting wells ... Anyone else doing the same course or staying in the same halls as me ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fredo Santana)
    Lol cooking stuff you have to bring with you, the following are provided though

• a single bed;
    • curtains;
    • fitted carpet;
    • a desk;
    • a chair;
    • book shelves;
    • a waste-paper bin; and
    • a notice board.

In the kitchen you'll find:

• a cooker;
    • a fridge/freezer;
    • a microwave;
    • a kettle;
    • a toaster;
    • lockable cupboards (in most halls);
    • an iron and ironing board;
    • a broom, dustpan and brush;
    • a vacuum cleaner; and
    • a mop and bucket.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa_Paige)
    Congratulations on your place and yay for another nurse ask other people who have stayed in halls or who are deciding what to bring or check Kingston's accommodation page maybe x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Welcome to Kingston, y'all.
    Thanks did you get in too or are you already a student? x

ReputationRep:
    anyone who wanted the fb freshers pages here they are

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416873951742157/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/165111496976279/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenCharlotte_)
    Thanks did you get in too or are you already a student? x
    Just finished first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Just finished first year.
    Ah cool did you enjoy it? what did you study? x

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I'm staying at kingston hill at chancellors hall this year. studying international relations with creative writing. haven't bought my freshers passes yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mshah94)
    hey guys I'm staying at kingston hill at chancellors hall this year. studying international relations with creative writing. haven't bought my freshers passes yet
    I haven't either yet need to sort all my money out first not sure what to get either

ReputationRep:
    I am going to study Environmental Science

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting sent away from the accommodation hotline because their details are not on the main system yet? Really worried I may not get into Halls because of this. I'd hate to have to share a flat.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'll be studying Biological Sciences but I'm not living in halls as I live in London - the commute isn't too bad (:

ReputationRep:
    where can i reapply for halls? can someone link me please???

ReputationRep:
    are u all going to this uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.