Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purpledreams12)
    Hi guys
    I've applied to UCL, Manchester, Kent, Sussex and SOAS. Straight anthropology/ social anthropology.
    I have offers from Manchester, Kent and Sussex so far. Waiting on the other two but not to keen on staying in London. Anyone going to the kent open day next week?
    How long did you wait for the offer from Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotsgirl94)
    People who have received an offer from UCL how long did it take for you to hear back?
    4 weeks. I applied on October 11th and had my offer on November 8th!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again everyone!! To those of you with offers: WELL DONE! I have finally sent off my applications now, Archaeology and Anthropology at Bournemouth, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Durham! How long did you all have to wait before you started getting replies? I am dead nervous as I am sure you all were/are but can only hope for the best!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got my Durham offer today 5/5 after nearly two months

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MariaKaehne)
    Hi again everyone!! To those of you with offers: WELL DONE! I have finally sent off my applications now, Archaeology and Anthropology at Bournemouth, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Durham! How long did you all have to wait before you started getting replies? I am dead nervous as I am sure you all were/are but can only hope for the best!
    Woo nice choice, both subject and unis Durham took about two months for me, but I've applied for a different course so it may not be the same! Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Woo nice choice, both subject and unis Durham took about two months for me, but I've applied for a different course so it may not be the same! Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Lucy, I am so happy the application is out of the way, but I am dreading the whole waiting game And congratulations on the Durham offer as well! My god, you must be an acquired student!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks Lucy, I am so happy the application is out of the way, but I am dreading the whole waiting game And congratulations on the Durham offer as well! My god, you must be an acquired student!
    Yeah it's definitely a relief when it's sent off! Aww, hopefully you won't be waiting TOO long thank you so much! Awww, I wouldn't say I am, though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's definitely a relief when it's sent off! Aww, hopefully you won't be waiting TOO long thank you so much! Awww, I wouldn't say I am, though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you MUST be, if you got 5/5! I bet you're well proud I sure would be, but then again I am applying as a mature student which probably means I will have to go for interviews etc . The road to success is long! What are you hoping to do after your studies?

ReputationRep:
    Got my Durham offer today 5/5 after nearly two months

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cogratulations!! How long did you wait for the reply? What did you apply for exactly?

ReputationRep:
    8 days for Manchester - Social Anthropology
    Still waiting for Durham, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and St Andrews.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well you MUST be, if you got 5/5! I bet you're well proud I sure would be, but then again I am applying as a mature student which probably means I will have to go for interviews etc . The road to success is long! What are you hoping to do after your studies?
    Aw how sweet, thank you! I'm very happy oh damn, well at least you'll be able to show them how great you are! It'll be worth it! Realistically, I really want to go into research, but ideally I'd love to be a forensic anthropologist, though jobs in that field are so rare
    (Original post by Lily8603)
    Cogratulations!! How long did you wait for the reply? What did you apply for exactly?
    Thank you two months! I applied for Biological Anthropology, so no where near as competitive as courses such as straight BA Anthropology etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for my lecturers to do my UCAS reference, but today we found out my college failed their ofsted inspection majorly and we're going under special measures. Seeing as the Uni's havn't gotten my application yet, could I have my offers lowered by a few credits? Damn!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm still deciding my Uni choices. Do you guys know anything about Bristol's Anthropology degree? Should I do goldsmith/SOAS or Bristol/Edinburgh? I am an international student and I don't really trust the league table ranking to be honest. Also, for conditional offers, Do the universities usually lower the grade so that it is easier for you to get it? Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yatconrad)
    Hi guys! I'm still deciding my Uni choices. Do you guys know anything about Bristol's Anthropology degree? Should I do goldsmith/SOAS or Bristol/Edinburgh? I am an international student and I don't really trust the league table ranking to be honest. Also, for conditional offers, Do the universities usually lower the grade so that it is easier for you to get it? Many thanks
    Hello! Bristols degree is really good because it covers all of the fields of anthropology (biological, social, material) but the downside is that it's a new course so not quite as well established as some of the others. However it is a very good and established university so it will be recognised as an overall good degree anyway. Goldsmiths is good, but it is in a pretty rough area of London and I've heard it's better for the arts rather than the humanities. SOAS is a great uni for anthropology pretty much, one of the leaders in the field, is in a lovely area but the only downside is that the course is limited to Asia and Africa, rulling out western countries, the carrabian, south/central America and the arctic. Edingburgh is great, brilliant uni, well-established course, I've applied there and edingburgh is a lovely city- beautiful, fun, good night life but only marginally cheaper than london.

As for offers, they will offer you their standard offer that's on their website- but some give contextual offers (1 or 2 grades below the standard offer) if you attend a low performing school

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    OH my god you guys!!
    I have only been waiting for two days and already I am checking my e-mail and Track every two minutes! I honestly do not know where you all get your patience from!!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Bristol today! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    OH my god you guys!!
    I have only been waiting for two days and already I am checking my e-mail and Track every two minutes! I honestly do not know where you all get your patience from!!
    Haha we HAVE to develop patients! What you applied for and where? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marm-alade)
    Haha we HAVE to develop patients! What you applied for and where? x
    I applied for Archaeology and Anthropology at Durham, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Bournemouth!! And you? An have you got any offers yet? I am not familiar with this patience-thing that you speak of! Ha x

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for my college to send off my application, had one of my lecturers check for me on Tuesday how far along my references had come and it was all done. Literally, I am waiting for my tutor to click send... Not happy.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Archaeology and Anthropology at Durham, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Bournemouth!! And you? An have you got any offers yet? I am not familiar with this patience-thing that you speak of! Ha x
    Oh cool nice choices! I applied way back in October so it's been killer! What's your top choice?

I've had offers from Manchester, LSE and Bristol as of today haha, and I'm waiting on Edinburgh and UCL in case you're intrested, Manchester took about a week to get back to me, and Edinburgh is rumored to wait until the last minute (*******s) xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 2, 2014

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.