The Student Room Group

Bags taking up seats on trains

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zedeneye1
subway train ?

subway-300x199.jpg

I meant three like in a plane. Most trains in the UK have a pair of seats either side of the aisle in rows. Only the underground has that, and pretty sure most people were talking about train journeys from one town to another.
Reply 101
Original post by wildrover
They should pay for two tickets then.

Why should paying for two tickets entitle you to two seats? Let's say you get on a train, there's one seat left, you're the only one standing, and the person sitting next to it has their bags on it. You walk up and ask them to move their bags, and they say "no thanks, I bought two tickets, so my bags get to have a seat". Are you seriously saying you'd be ok with that? I'd move their bags and sit down anyway. Seats are for people, it doesn't matter how many tickets one person has, it's not acceptable for them to buy tickets to stop other people sitting down.
Original post by Mechie
Why should paying for two tickets entitle you to two seats? Let's say you get on a train, there's one seat left, you're the only one standing, and the person sitting next to it has their bags on it. You walk up and ask them to move their bags, and they say "no thanks, I bought two tickets, so my bags get to have a seat". Are you seriously saying you'd be ok with that? I'd move their bags and sit down anyway. Seats are for people, it doesn't matter how many tickets one person has, it's not acceptable for them to buy tickets to stop other people sitting down.

LOL..
Original post by deedee123
I would always remove my bag if the train got busy or someone was hovering around looking for a seat, you can usually tell that they want to sit there unless you're extremely dense.

most people it seems are pretty dense
Original post by Mechie

I don't know if i'd want to sit next to someone who'd paid for an extra ticket for their bags to sit on their chair as they obviously aren't right in the head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending