Turn on thread page Beta

Dr Who at 50! Can't wait for the special! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    Does anybody know whether I can watch this live on my lap top without getting in trouble for not having a tv licence? Really want to watch this so badly because of the return of David Tennant. I'm at uni and use a vpn.
    If your parents have a TV licence then you are able to watch in on your laptop without a tv licence as long as the laptop is not plugged in to the mains at the time of watching.

Edit: Or just watch it with a 1/2 second delay and it technically isn't watching it live? Maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I don't think anyone will be able to tell. There's nothing anyone can really do, you should be fine. :yep:
    Awesome! I'm so excited to see David Tennant back in it. It be cool if he remained for a few episodes after, but that will never happen.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know whether I can watch this live on my lap top without getting in trouble for not having a tv licence? Really want to watch this so badly because of the return of David Tennant. I'm at uni and use a vpn.
    As long as your laptop isn't connected to the mains (i.e. the charger isn't plugged in), you'll be fine.

Just to confirm, it is 7.50, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    If your parents have a TV licence then you are able to watch in on your laptop without a tv licence as long as the laptop is not plugged in to the mains at the time of watching.

Edit: Or just watch it with a 1/2 second delay and it technically isn't watching it live? Maybe?
    I'm at university. What my parents have isn't important. I have it plugged in by a Ethernet cable. I could just connect to the wifi but the connection sucks.

Can you go back with live? I've never done it before and just plan on watching it on bbc live.

ReputationRep:
    *HEAVY BREATHING*

Super excited to see Ten x Rose back again, too. Possibly the first couple I ever shipped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    As long as your laptop isn't connected to the mains (i.e. the charger isn't plugged in), you'll be fine.

Just to confirm, it is 7.50, isn't it?
    Yes it's 7:50. Sorry, but I'm confused about the charger comment. Do you mean the actually charger for my lap top or are you referring to having it connected by Ethernet cable?

ReputationRep:
    I'm at university. What my parents have isn't important. I have it plugged in by a Ethernet cable. I could just connect to the wifi but the connection sucks.

Can you go back with live? I've never done it before and just plan on watching it on bbc live.
    It does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

You can backwards up to 90 minutes on iPlayer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's 7:50. Sorry, but I'm confused about the charger comment. Do you mean the actually charger for my lap top or are you referring to having it connected by Ethernet cable?
    Yeah, the actual charger. Ethernet cables are fine. As long as your out-of-term address is covered by a TV licence your laptop will be technically considered a portable device if the charger's not connected. Could be wrong, but nobody's gonna punish you.

ReputationRep:
    speechless, was so awesome xD

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been watching the afterparty on BBC3? It was fun, but also quite strange - really bizarre seeing a whole roomful of companions! Some of the 'fans' in the social network room seemed really glum. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NowYouSeeMe)
    speechless, was so awesome xD
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Has anyone else been watching the afterparty on BBC3? It was fun, but also quite strange - really bizarre seeing a whole roomful of companions! Some of the 'fans' in the social network room seemed really glum. :lol:
    The delay when they spoke to 1D (who had no business being involved IMO but meh) was hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    The delay when they spoke to 1D (who had no business being involved IMO but meh) was hilarious!
    I know, what a truly cringeworthy piece of TV trainwreckery! :lol:

The ridiculous Tardis cake was fun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.