Turn on thread page Beta

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? watch

• View Poll Results: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
    Neither
    26.06%
    PS4
    54.79%
    Xbox One
    17.55%
    Both
    1.60%

ReputationRep:
    Neither at the moment. Refuse to spend £349/£429 for a console and then £50 on top of that for games. Will wait until backwards compatibility is available for PS4 and then buy a PS4. More than happy with my PS3 at the moment. I know someone who got stabbed on launch day of GTA5. No doubt there is someone somewhere who had the same if not worse done to them for a PS4

ReputationRep:
    If I get anything…it will be the valve machine next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlesmurfette)
    Neither at the moment. Refuse to spend £349/£429 for a console and then £50 on top of that for games. Will wait until backwards compatibility is available for PS4 and then buy a PS4. More than happy with my PS3 at the moment. I know someone who got stabbed on launch day of GTA5. No doubt there is someone somewhere who had the same if not worse done to them for a PS4
    tough times

ReputationRep:
    Xbox One. It's just that all the games are buggy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!
    Lucky man!

Killzone I have never got in to to be honest. Think I tried the first 2 and it wasn't for me.

Cheers for letting me know about the snap feature!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!
    I don't see how you can watch tv through the Xbox one,especially with the snap feature. The fact that the console outputs at 60hz but tv is at 50hz just makes it unwatchable with judder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyimbored)
    I don't see how you can watch tv through the Xbox one,especially with the snap feature. The fact that the console outputs at 60hz but tv is at 50hz just makes it unwatchable with judder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL it is absolutely seamless. Had no problems whatsoever.

I've been playing Forza, Fifa all day today whilst watching the premier league and zero lags.

ReputationRep:
    My TV channels and Mega Drive is seamless too tbf. Just press a button and boom, I'm watching TV. It's some space-age technology, I tell ya.

ReputationRep:
    Neither, because they're both ****
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What I really mean is I'm too broke to afford either :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Last time I posted on a topic like this I got so many down votes xD This time I'll try not to sway to far to one console xD I think both are good, both have improved significantly. Personally I think I'd get an Xbox One, just because game developers in general will code there games to the lowest spec console on the market, ironically that's the xbox one, and I doubt game developers will stop developing games for Xbox. So after considering that I thought the Xbox One seemed to have added the most new features (not all good but they have added a few good ones). That's not to say the PS4 isn't good, just wouldn't be my console of choice.

I don't think I'll be getting either any time soon anyway... PC is much cheaper anyway xD The only reason I MIGHT get the Xbox is because I like the exclusives they have listed and I like the casual sort of gaming experience you get with a console. Other than that PC all the way :P

ReputationRep:
    Currently got the one and loving it. Battlefield is awesome and so is snap so I can watch football and play at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Currently got the one and loving it. Battlefield is awesome and so is snap so I can watch football and play at the same time
    ditto, absolutely loving it. Got ps4 too but snap and the controller sell the xbox one to me!

ReputationRep:
    LOL it is absolutely seamless. Had no problems whatsoever.

I've been playing Forza, Fifa all day today whilst watching the premier league and zero lags.
    I don't see how you can live with it. MS should be able to update it to output at 50hz when you're only watching tv, although they don't seem to care about us in the UK/Europe, but you'll always have that issue with the snap feature because games are at 60hz and it can't output at both.

It's just awful judder, like i
    f I wr
    rote m
    y r
    eply li
    me t
    his

Unwatchable (or unreadable for the above)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how you can live with it. MS should be able to update it to output at 50hz when you're only watching tv, although they don't seem to care about us in the UK/Europe, but you'll always have that issue with the snap feature because games are at 60hz and it can't output at both.

It's just awful judder, like i
    f I wr
    rote m
    y r
    eply li
    me t
    his

Unwatchable (or unreadable for the above)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i've been playing again today with both running at the same time. Running BF4 and Forza and watching tv on snap. NO JUDDER OR LAG WHATSOEVER!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how you can be playing a game properly and also watching the TV.

Quite a lot of games require you to have your full attention on it. Especially a racing game or FPS.

ReputationRep:
    i've been playing again today with both running at the same time. Running BF4 and Forza and watching tv on snap. NO JUDDER OR LAG WHATSOEVER!!
    Maybe you're a lucky one that can't see it, or as above you're not actually watching the tv properly, but I can assure you that it's there, because the only way to get around the issue introduces judder, there's no judder-free solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're a lucky one that can't see it, or as above you're not actually watching the tv properly, but I can assure you that it's there, because the only way to get around the issue introduces judder, there's no judder-free solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can assure you there is no judder whatsoever. My brother has the same console and we have both had no problems are enjoying this console sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo much. I just ordered ryse son of rome now cannot wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I don't understand how you can be playing a game properly and also watching the TV.

Quite a lot of games require you to have your full attention on it. Especially a racing game or FPS.
    It works, trust me. They have done a great job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Lol, this.

I can barely talk to other people when I'm playing F1, let alone concentrate on something else.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Why in gods name you would spend a HUNDRED quid more for a console that is technically WEAKER is beyond me. I'm not stating that from looking at the games available as neither system will have games that take advantage of the available hardware yet and both systems will have Day 1 bugs till probably February but from the technical specifications the Xbox One is the weaker system.

So yeah its PS4 for me. The launch lineup sucks on both end to be honest. BF4 is a pile of rushed broken arse, you're a fool if you paid for that and even expected it to be a job done well. COD: Ghosts is the worst COD to date and is essentially pointless. Killzone isn't a Killzone game. Knack is just...what. Forza, well its racing...probably good but im not fussed and if its not split screen it can go **** a brick.

Plus Sony have Naughty Dog...gotta love my Naughty Dog.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.