The degrees most likely to land you In McDonalds... Watch

Blazinq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Frankly, no degree will get you into working in mcdonalds for the rest of your life, the people who will do, are the one's who left with no qualifications
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some of the degrees on the list make sense but I would be more interested in finding out exactly how the list is composed and how large the survey was.
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blazinq)
Your ignorance is appaling
Criminology- The poor man's law!
Smack
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
In reality in a lot of cases it's much more weighted towards experience than degree subject.
True, but they're not mutually exclusive though.
Blazinq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lord Harold)
Criminology- The poor man's law!
Have fun being on benefits!
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blazinq)
Have fun being on benefits!
Says the one sticking up for criminology!
MoneypennyLyon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well that's a list on a website that I've never heard of. It doesn't even say what positions at McDonalds it could be CEO for all we know.
Londonpie72
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kerrydouglas)
https://wallpark.com/articles/archives/282
Have you seen this?
What do you think?
I definitely don't agree with psychology, since I've been told that right now the numbers of (specifically educational) psychs is dropping.

Is your degree/hopeful degree up there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The list is flawed, how can nursing can be there, everyone that I know that studied nursing get jobs pretty quickly in their field.

You can study anything and get a decent job if you are willing to be persistent, focused and determined to succeed .
dada55
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
What's wrong with that? Are you implying it's a bad idea to consider the career you'll hold for the next forty years and earning potential etcetera when choosing your degree, even if it means undertaking something you won't particularly enjoy? Seems rather short sighted.
A lot of the degrees listed are still required if you want to work in that specific field, whether or not there are many jobs in that sector.
I would rather do a job I enjoy (considering you will be doing it for a very long time) and get less money then do a degree and a job I don't like just so there is a possibility to earn more money.

I can't see why people rather earn more than be happy, isn't the whole point of earning money is so that you can be happy. Either way, you will have to work hard, but working hard is so much easier when you are doing something you enjoy.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dada55)
A lot of the degrees listed are still required if you want to work in that specific field, whether or not there are many jobs in that sector.
I would rather do a job I enjoy (considering you will be doing it for a very long time) and get less money then do a degree and a job I don't like just so there is a possibility to earn more money.

I can't see why people rather earn more than be happy, isn't the whole point of earning money is so that you can be happy. Either way, you will have to work hard, but working hard is so much easier when you are doing something you enjoy.
This is all very nice, but a completely different point to the one you originally made;

"So you are telling me you would rather do a degree you don't enjoy so you have a higher chance of getting a job then one you do enjoy because it might not lead to a job?"
dada55
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
This is all very nice, but a completely different point to the one you originally made;

"So you are telling me you would rather do a degree you don't enjoy so you have a higher chance of getting a job then one you do enjoy because it might not lead to a job?"
But the "might" is very important. Any degree can lead to success. Therefore the 2 points are relevant.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dada55)
But the "might" is very important. Any degree can lead to success. Therefore the 2 points are relevant.
Yes. The "might" is important. You seem to only be considering one side of that equation
lovelycup7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nursing?! There's a shortage of people studying Nursing and a shortage of Nurses - I highly doubt a trained nurse could end up working anywhere other than as a nurse, unless they didn't want to.
dada55
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
Yes. The "might" is important. You seem to only be considering one side of that equation
Chance is an interesting concept... Imagine picking a degree you don't enjoy for higher chance of a decent job and still not getting one. I would say that doing a degree you enjoy will make you a more motivated person and even if you don't end up getting the best job straight after the degree, life is all about risks and it doesn't mean the end of the world.
RaveRebirth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh **** off hating on Mcdonalds; statistically surveys's put the chain near the top in all the relevent food hygiene surveys, feeding people cheaply and conveniently etc...
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I never understand why working in McDonalds is some horrific fate. Working there and paying your way is 10x better than signing on. If we got rid of attitudes like that we'd have less people sucking on the tit of the state while "holding out for their dream job".
Portia1993
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
I never understand why working in McDonalds is some horrific fate. Working there and paying your way is 10x better than signing on. If we got rid of attitudes like that we'd have less people sucking on the tit of the state while "holding out for their dream job".
Funnily enough they probably value their staff more than a lot of other places too.. I worked there and I was allowed a shed load of food, you get discount cards and because I'm disabled I was allowed more breaks (basically whenever I needed them) where I could again have food and drink and generally just replenish myself for the rest of my shift
Really flexible with hours too!
Highly recommend them tbqh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RaveRebirth)
Oh **** off hating on Mcdonalds; statistically surveys's put the chain near the top in all the relevent food hygiene surveys, feeding people cheaply and conveniently etc...
The point is more flippin' burgers isn't a grad level thing.

I don't thinkt he hating is for their grad scheme, or their product, or even Ronald McDonald.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
The states return on investment doesn't come from grabbing onto the first crappy job to take you and under earning for the rest of your life.

Its 100x better for the state in the very short term yes, but as long as its likely they are able to get a significantly better job then its a poor choice.
aranexus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Egg Militia)
Oh snap! :ahee:
Did Google Chrome break again? :ahee:

I guess any degree in a soft subject, or one that's not in demand. Stuff like a degree in Medieval Russian History or whatever...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (235)
44.09%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.14%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.82%

Watched Threads