Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen)
    No substance? what unlike labour - the party who seemingly oppose every cut the government tries to implement but then claims they will have the country breaking even, I don't think so.
    Not able to put forward a positive argument?

Oh, how sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Not able to put forward a positive argument?

Oh, how sad.

UKIP is just want the country needs right now, make a beak from the patheticness of liblabcon and have a real change. the likes of you wont notice this as you are clearly far too stupid to see the long-term problems the UK is facing. It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of you think that the UK should accept Syrian refugees. How sad. 弱智。

ReputationRep:
    Because the next one he will read and be more involved with.
    What's your basis for that assertion?

He was leader of the Party at the last general election. Doesn't get more involved than that. If he thought it was 'drivel' then, and couldn't be arsed to read it, I hardly see how things would have changed now.

No substance? what unlike labour - the party who seemingly oppose every cut the government tries to implement but then claims they will have the country breaking even, I don't think so.
    Face it: UKIP are a single issue party. They're reduced to filling their manifestos with populist nonsense about banning burqas and appealing to conservative reactionaries with promises to paint trains and install the Queen's head everywhere.

UKIP's entire existence is about getting out of the EU, yet they haven't really advanced an argument beyond 'EU's expensive. Immigrant's are bad' without actually qualifying that. Sure, they quoted the yearly cost of membership, but not the amount we gain as a result etc. Likewise, there's no realistic alternative being proposed. 'Trade with international markets' - on the same terms as those between the EC - is just a fantasy, I'm sorry to say.

There's a lot of studies around the ineffectiveness of austerity and the advantages to using a stimulus to boost the economy and create jobs etc. Opposing excessively deep and quick austerity cuts isn't a lack of a policy.

I'd suggest reading around political and economic theory, as you seem to have swallowed the line that austerity is the only way hook, line and sinker.

ReputationRep:
    .bggbgfgfbjh jfhgh eefef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    LEAVING THE EU
    REFOCUSING ON THE COMMONWEALTH
    TRADING WITH INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
    BRINGING BACK GRAMMAR SCHOOLS
    How are these 'good policies'?! These policies are anti-business and are absolutely out of touch with the real world!

Leaving the EU - Nissan, Ford, Honda, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Airbus, Siemens etc (all have plants in the UK and employ thousands of people) warn that UK leaving the EU would be an economic disaster of ginormous proportions. Not to mention the fact that the City of London is actually seeking to forge closer ties with Brussels, while some of the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi) are absolutely against a 'Brexit'.

Sources:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...y-left-EU.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...u-8928347.html
    http://www.wharf.co.uk/2013/12/sieme...nvestment.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-800-jobs.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...ic-speech.html
    http://www.financialdirector.co.uk/f...fo-voices-ukeu
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...A0L0PB20140122
    http://www.theguardian.com/business/...xit-britain-eu
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referend...-clout-1433429
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0L00U20140122

Refocusing on the commonwealth - Nice try! Yet, Canada bans British products from its market and Australia directly tells the UK not to quit Europe.

Sources:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25867613
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-tells-UK.html

Trading with International Markets - the EU has already signed a multitude of international free trade agreements with a large number of countries including some of the world's most comprehensive free trade agreements with Canada, South Korea, Singapore and currently negotiating a huge trade deal with the US.

Sources:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24583745
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13289640
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-2...e-deal/4971568
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-need-to-know/

So UKIP is proposing to walk out from all these already negotiated free trade agreements and attempt to replicate them at a national level?! How does this make any sense at all?

ReputationRep:
    Populist - that is exactly what politicians are supposed to do! they are supposed to represent the views of the people not work on their own little agendas. you are clearly a brainwashed believer in anything you read or are told.

No it is not a fantasy, you can simply just trade with European nations, you are deluded if you think that isn't possible. I don't care if a party is "single issue" or not, they are against the EUSSR, the single biggest threat to the UK.

Immigration is part of the reason of Millibands "cost of living crisis", it has lowered down the wages of British people, increased house prices, drove up costs and is increasing the population, leading the more buildings, leading to more pollution and more flooding, this is ignoring the strain of public services, benefit costs, lack of social harmony, use of NHS and filling schools up.

Labour and the lib dems are determined to ruin the UK and perform their version of ethnic cleaning (removal of native white British from these lands, o at least reduce their power), UKIP and the torries are not as bad. You can enjoy the future UK riots in 30 years, hopefully you will get killed during them future riots when then they occur and not an innocent person who tried to prevent them.
    So you look forward to Labour winning the next election? Since it'd represent the views of the people...

(not saying that as a labour supporter, just as thats the way its looking to go)

ReputationRep:
    Labour and the lib dems are determined to ruin the UK and perform their version of ethnic cleaning (removal of native white British from these lands, o at least reduce their power), UKIP and the torries are not as bad. You can enjoy the future UK riots in 30 years, hopefully you will get killed during them future riots when then they occur and not an innocent person who tried to prevent them.
    May you provide evidence that the ''native white British from these lands'' are being removed?

It would also be nice if you took a second to read up on what ethnic cleansing actually is:

''the mass expulsion or killing of members of one ethnic or religious group in an area by those of another.''

Ethnic cleansing is a truely horrific thing, and has resulted in the death and displacement of millions of people. I'm unsure how you could claim that ethnic cleansing is occuring in the UK (i'm waiting for evidence on that), so at the moment your idea is, quite frankly, extremely rude and rather disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    So you look forward to Labour winning the next election? Since it'd represent the views of the people...

(not saying that as a labour supporter, just as thats the way its looking to go)
    If they win the election fairly then yes, I don't want to see that happen but I would accept it. I just find your dislike of "populist" policies unbelievable. It is almost like you are saying parties should try to always have unpopular policies (but then again, the lib dems already do that lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    May you provide evidence that the ''native white British from these lands'' are being removed?

It would also be nice if you took a second to read up on what ethnic cleansing actually is:

''the mass expulsion or killing of members of one ethnic or religious group in an area by those of another.''

Ethnic cleansing is a truely horrific thing, and has resulted in the death and displacement of millions of people. I'm unsure how you could claim that ethnic cleansing is occuring in the UK (i'm waiting for evidence on that), so at the moment your idea is, quite frankly, extremely rude and rather disgusting.
    Well, I find the idea that you don't see it rude and disgusting and tbh I don't care if you think that way, deal with it.

Look at the UK demographic statistics, the population of White British (the natives in this land) has gone from 100% not too long ago, so something like 85% now (below 50% in some parts!). If this had been in reverse in some place in Africa where the % of blacks had the same change people like you would be going mental saying how bad it is. Natives are being forced out of the UK and being replaced with others, however the politicians don't factor this in when they talk about net immigration figures etc. Unless you are saying white people never lived in Bradford, Luton, Oldham or London.

Therefore mass expulsion.

ReputationRep:
    If they win the election fairly then yes, I don't want to see that happen but I would accept it. I just find your dislike of "populist" policies unbelievable. It is almost like you are saying parties should try to always have unpopular policies (but then again, the lib dems already do that lol).
    I dislike popular policies?

I jested about the flat tax in the OP as I found it a bizarre policy, most people (unsurprisingly) support a progressive tax system. UKIP sliding in a radial tax change seemed a bit mental and although it is a massive policy its not one many UKIP supporters were aware of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I dislike popular policies?

I jested about the flat tax in the OP as I found it a bizarre policy, most people (unsurprisingly) support a progressive tax system. UKIP sliding in a radial tax change seemed a bit mental and although it is a massive policy its not one many UKIP supporters were aware of.
    I think that they have changed that to a 2 tier tax.

ReputationRep:
    I think that they have changed that to a 2 tier tax.
    What a 0% band and one with an actual tax rate...? I know it was one of the things Nigel denounced earlier in the week, but in the absence of a new policy...

I was always curious about the implication for state pensions of UKIP getting rid of NI.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I find the idea that you don't see it rude and disgusting and tbh I don't care if you think that way, deal with it.

Look at the UK demographic statistics, the population of White British (the natives in this land) has gone from 100% not too long ago, so something like 85% now (below 50% in some parts!). If this had been in reverse in some place in Africa where the % of blacks had the same change people like you would be going mental saying how bad it is. Natives are being forced out of the UK and being replaced with others, however the politicians don't factor this in when they talk about net immigration figures etc. Unless you are saying white people never lived in Bradford, Luton, Oldham or London.

Therefore mass expulsion.
    Percentages do not give an indication of how the size of one ethnic population is changing, but rather how the size of that population relates to the sizes of others. For instance, ethnic population A could remain the same while ethnic population B grows in size. Percentage wise, ethnic population A would make up a smaller percentage of the overal population (over time), but it is not shrinking.

However, even if the White British population was falling...

Expulsion: ''the action of forcing someone to leave an organization''.

..you'd need to provide evidence that this decline is due to force (being told to leave, or being killed) in order for this to be classified as ethnic cleansing.

Your comments regarding the black population in Africa is irrelavent, and a 'straw-man' arguement, effectively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Percentages do not give an indication of how the size of one ethnic population is changing, but rather how the size of that population relates to the sizes of others. For instance, ethnic population A could remain the same while ethnic population B grows in size. Percentage wise, ethnic population A would make up a smaller percentage of the overal population (over time), but it is not shrinking.

However, even if the White British population was falling...

Expulsion: ''the action of forcing someone to leave an organization''.

..you'd need to provide evidence that this decline is due to force (being told to leave, or being killed) in order for this to be classified as ethnic cleansing.

Your comments regarding the black population in Africa is irrelavent, and a 'straw-man' arguement, effectively.

By encouraging / allowing a new race/group of people to move into an area, that makes life difficult for the natives in that area to live, or at least lowers their happiness and encourages them to move, this is ethnic cleansing. this is occurring right now in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Populist - that is exactly what politicians are supposed to do! they are supposed to represent the views of the people not work on their own little agendas. you are clearly a brainwashed believer in anything you read or are told.
    Populist =/= popular. Being a populist simply means using rhetoric of 'the people' against 'the elite'. People as varied as Hugo Chavez, Glenn Beck, Hamas, Marine Le Pen, Tony Benn and more could all accurately be described as populists. Two people or parties can have completely opposed actual policies, yet still both be populist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Populist =/= popular. Being a populist simply means using rhetoric of 'the people' against 'the elite'. People as varied as Hugo Chavez, Glenn Beck, Hamas, Marine Le Pen, Tony Benn and more could all accurately be described as populists. Two people or parties can have completely opposed actual policies, yet still both be populist.
    What?
    I don't understand the reason of your post, I know what populist means....

ReputationRep:
    What?
    I don't understand the reason of your post, I know what populist means....
    You said that politicians should be populist because they should represent the views of the people. Yet representing the views people does not automatically make you a populist, and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    You said that politicians should be populist because they should represent the views of the people. Yet representing the views people does not automatically make you a populist, and vice versa
    errr, yes it does! you cannot have a populist policy unless the people agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    By encouraging / allowing a new race/group of people to move into an area, that makes life difficult for the natives in that area to live, or at least lowers their happiness and encourages them to move, this is ethnic cleansing. this is occurring right now in the UK.
    I think you missed the crucial part of SHallowvale's post and definition, which was the word 'forcing'. Encouraging (which is a largely inaccurate description in this situation, which would be better described as simply 'allowing') is not forcing.

ReputationRep:
    errr, yes it does! you cannot have a populist policy unless the people agree with it.
    Yes you can. Contrary to your claims, you don't know what populism means.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.