Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How do you guys drink tap water? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always drunken tap water, it tastes perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    Its water, tastes the same

ReputationRep:
    I drink it straight from the faucet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazytown2014)
    Do bugs strengthen the immune system? Once you can create the right antibodies you won't get sick from that bug but does it help with other diseases? It only helps with that one bug.
    Yes, but there's a lot of **** floating around in water, soil, and just in the general home environment. Funnily enough exposure to the sort of bugs you are going to spend your whole life with anyway covers quite a lot of the most common bases. Children raised in households of clean freaks often have weak immune systems. http://www.anapsid.org/tooclean.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    Drinking chemically treated water containing possible contaminants is not worth the small boost to my immune system which I could achieve quite easily through excerise/eating healthily and maybe even vitamins.

Truth about tap water.
    Nice to see that guy's done some original research rather than reference someone else...

Oh wait, no he's not. "A recent study", "studies by"; not very convincing.

ReputationRep:
    I started drinking out the bathroom tap recently as well and as of yet I've not got sick so I guess it is safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Only the plebs drink tap water. :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    You're local celeb

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought we agreed to let it go

ReputationRep:
    Mine tastes weird, I mostly avoid drinking it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I drink it all the time and it's fine. Although the water is very hard where I live, if I go to a soft water area like my grandparents it sometimes upsets my stomach for a couple of days and tastes different before I get used to it again :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do what they do in Hong Kong and just boil it then let it cool down.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Do what they do in Hong Kong and just boil it then let it cool down.
    You have to boil it for seven minutes or something though I think so I'd imagine that would get quite annoying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It tastes fine to me both in the south east and in east yorkshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I thought we agreed to let it go
    Oh Sorry, my bad.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Yorkshire, tap water here is fine but we put it through a BRITA filter anyway just to make it better, can't OP just do that? Way cheaper than bottled water, even for 2 weeks on holiday my bottled water expenditure is horrible

ReputationRep:
    I have hard water at home, and it tastes fine
    Apart from a bit of a weird taste in the morning...

Never noticed any difference between most bottled water and tap water tbh. But I try and avoid bottled water a bit, as if its too cold it hurts my teeth o.o

ReputationRep:
    Pure tap water.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean...I spent most of my life living in an area with particularly hard water and I now live somewhere with soft water (and they don't put fluoride in it either...) and it tastes pretty rank really, but if I'm thirsty I'll drink it.

ReputationRep:
    I live in an area with hard water but I quite like the taste, I prefer it to a lot of brands of bottled water. Whenever I go away I miss the tap water... We do still buy bottled water for convenience but it's really not worth it, I get a bit annoyed when we're just at home and my mum starts drinking bottled water. When my cousins from Sweden visit they insist on buying huge bottles of water because they hate the stuff coming out of the tap here so much

ReputationRep:
    Water is not all the same, it's pretty much all I drink except on a night out. I can easily tell the difference between water in different areas, Yorkshire water is really good. I can drink it most places fine although it doesn't always taste as nice. The only place I couldn't drink it was the 3rd place I live in Newcastle, this one was Heaton and the water was not nice so I lived off Tesco 40P 2L bottles (not the cheaper 'value' bottled tap water).

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.