Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What makes me so 'attractive'? Watch

(Original post by yo radical one)
    Google sunk costs
    Lol. Everything that guy put in his r/ship is a sunk cost.

ReputationRep:
    Beggars can't be choosers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    I know that he loves me, I just struggle to understand why he does.
    There is nothing to understand beyond the bio-chemical and evolutionary underpinnings of love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    There is nothing to understand beyond the bio-chemical and evolutionary underpinnings of love.
    I suppose sometimes our biological drives are too much..

ReputationRep:
    I think you should give him some dominance now, it's not fair on his part. Perhaps he's scared you'll lose interest in him if he doesn't do what he says. Is he submissive by character?

ReputationRep:
    Is he your boyfrind or your servant? No, scratch that, at least servants get paid...

Sure, he may be doing this because he loves you, but perhaps it's also because he's scared. He may think if he doesn't do what you tell him, you'll dump him for failing to meet your commands 100% of the time... like you have with your other boyfriends.

Now, call me a hater if you want, but in relationships I expect reciprocation. A relationship is a partnership after all. If I were him I'd have dumped you long ago. And no, it's not just because of no sex, far from it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in a relationship, but I feel like my boyfriend doesn't benefit a lot from me.
    Firstly, I can complain loads, I always like things my way but he always gives me my way, he would do anything to make me happy. We've been together for two years and never had sex, I don't want to have sex until I'm married but I'm sure he wants it with me now but regardless he abides with my wishes. He pays for everything, however occasionally I pay for things. He spoils me rotten, he makes me food, he makes me breakfast in bed, if I ask him to go to the shopping centre two hours away, he puts up a little fight but does it regardless. When I'm upset, he says up for hours talking to me to make me feel better (last night we stayed up til 5am because I was upset, but even though he was tired after a long day he still stayed up)

In the past, my relationships have all been similar, but I have never been dumped, I always do the dumping. But my boyfriend is just up to scratch, he knows exactly what I want, when I want it and why. I have no arguments with him about anything.

My friend made a joke that got me thinking, she said she doesn't understand why anyone wants to be with me. They get basically nothing they want from the relationship.

Any suggestions?
    Looks like he does everything for you and seems to like not getting the same effort in return, if it works it works but for me hell naaw.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in a relationship, but I feel like my boyfriend doesn't benefit a lot from me.
    Firstly, I can complain loads, I always like things my way but he always gives me my way, he would do anything to make me happy. We've been together for two years and never had sex, I don't want to have sex until I'm married but I'm sure he wants it with me now but regardless he abides with my wishes. He pays for everything, however occasionally I pay for things. He spoils me rotten, he makes me food, he makes me breakfast in bed, if I ask him to go to the shopping centre two hours away, he puts up a little fight but does it regardless. When I'm upset, he says up for hours talking to me to make me feel better (last night we stayed up til 5am because I was upset, but even though he was tired after a long day he still stayed up)

In the past, my relationships have all been similar, but I have never been dumped, I always do the dumping. But my boyfriend is just up to scratch, he knows exactly what I want, when I want it and why. I have no arguments with him about anything.

My friend made a joke that got me thinking, she said she doesn't understand why anyone wants to be with me. They get basically nothing they want from the relationship.

Any suggestions?
    I have to admit, I thought about it for a bit and came up with nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post cliffs....

ReputationRep:
    People still feeding the troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I have to admit, I thought about it for a bit and came up with nothing.
    It's crazy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignorant)
    Looks like he does everything for you and seems to like not getting the same effort in return, if it works it works but for me hell naaw.
    Surely, he must enjoy it

ReputationRep:

Any suggestions?
    This guy clearly cares about you and respects you although to me the relationship seems a bit one-sided, have you tried doing things for him like cooking for him, trying out things he's interested like hobbies etc? Also just out of interest would you also do the same for him as you've described in your OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkyhouse)
    This guy clearly cares about you and respects you although to me the relationship seems a bit one-sided, have you tried doing things for him like cooking for him, trying out things he's interested like hobbies etc? Also just out of interest would you also do the same for him as you've described in your OP?
    Oh yes, I love trying out his sports, I love going to watch him play and cheering him on, I also enjoy participating in sports but it does get irritating for him as he is extremely good at what he does and I have no clue. I've tired cooking for him but before I can he's like do you really want to cook or shall I treat you tonight? And I'm always up for a treat. I would actually do the same for him however he wouldn't let me move a rock for him, he doesn't like the thought of stressing me or putting pressure on me, if he asks me to do something, it's ends up in him doing it for himself and doing it for me too..

ReputationRep:
    This guy a keeper He must just love you for you and enjoys taking of you, since you do the same for him I wouldnt worry about why he finds you attractive and just enjoy the relationship

ReputationRep:
    Whipped. I'd hate to be with someone who does everything I say. I wouldn't to be more of a man than the man.

ReputationRep:
    Do both of you a favour and give him the biggest nosh ever, the full works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Do both of you a favour and give him the biggest nosh ever, the full works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is the biggest nosh.. If I dare to know aha :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.