Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Best 'Cramming' success story you know.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    It's okay ouch, what exam are you doing? I did Aspects of Narrative (The Great Gatsby, The Kite Runner, Rime of the Ancient Mariner and poems by Keats)
    I'm doing LITA1A, half of it is contextual linking with our wider reading for the Victorian Era with an unseen extract and the other half is poetry. It's fairly okay once you get the hang of it

ReputationRep:
    Revised like an hour before my R.E exam, turns one of the questions I did in that hour the exact same one came up in the exam. I was lucky and got an A* . But this was the 2nd unit, I only had a C in the first unit so it averaged to a B .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandem2k11)
    Was expelled (very unfairly) from school in March Year 13. Was on BBC with my final exam session in june coming up.

Started cramming one exam 24 hours before (about 40 pages of notes)

Got 100% in 4 exams, 95%+ in my other 3 ...ended up getting A*A*A overall with no teaching all self taught

just learn the mark schemes and your notes by writing them out over and over, thats what i did. Had about 2hrs sleep over 3 days.

Anything is possible , believe me!
    WOW..do u mean BBC including ur grades for AS or BBC just for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooooshy)
    I gave up with literature AS and took a punt at chapter 7 of The Great Gatsby coming up. So I revised it the day before. And guess what!
    Chapter 8 came up instead ? XD

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh brings me back to GCSE days, the good old days. Revised 6 hours for further additional science and got full ums in the whole course. Bruh.

ReputationRep:
    Started an essay the day before it was due and got a 1st.

Also started revising at dinner time of the day for my RE exam at GCSE and somehow got an A* :lol:

Cramming is a bad habit, but when it pays off it feels so good. When it fails it feels worse, knowing it is entirely your fault hah

ReputationRep:
    I didnt know anything for AS Law, not even a single case.
    Studied 4 topics for CIE law the day of the exam...got a B, 2% off the A. Needless to say I was relieved.

Guy in my class had been studying for months, got the exact same grade lol

ReputationRep:
    waiting for results day to tell mine...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't ever listen in AS maths last year and got U's and E's on the mocks. Did like 3 past papers (for each) a week before the exams and got A in all 3 modules, 100 UMS in C2. I'll tell you my success story for this year on results day. Since i've still not even touched FP2 or FP3... as in I don't get taught it in school i'm self teaching and i've not started .

ReputationRep:
    With my A Levels, I started revising for both my Geography and Psychology papers either the day before or the morning of the exam (depending on whether it was a morning/afternoon exam) and got As in both. Started revising Philosophy and Ethics a week before and got a B (admittedly it was one UMS off an A, but did mean I lost my firm university choice as a result).

Seem to have done pretty well with the cramming (or working at the last minute if it's an essay) technique since starting university, though!

ReputationRep:
    I can't gloat about cramming when this video exists, this guy finished his dissertation in a few days and got a first *hat tip*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUdTwYrd3g
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Chapter 8 came up instead ? XD
    Dang that was a damn old post you just quoted! What were you doing that far back?

Spoiler:
    Show
    7 came up

ReputationRep:
    our teacher told our english lang class we are going to sit the foundation paper after i thought we were doing higher, i decided to enter my self in a igcse eng lang exam i did not know the spec or how to answer the paper i entered myself with 2 days to revise until the exam and i crammed worked my butt of in one day and got an A it was a scary ordeal but it showed me how useless teachers are

ReputationRep:
    16 days before isn't really that 'last minute'. there's only so much you need to learn, and if you've been getting A/A*s in your homework and exams all year round you could probably get away with revising a week before.

ReputationRep:
    For GCSE, I went to a convention (Asylum 12 for Supernatural. Kind of sad, I know) on the 16th-18th May. I was planning to revise Physics & German whilst there as I hadn't touched either, but I got none done. Physics I started at 8pm Sunday night and went til about 5am, German I didn't touch at all. Both exams (or technically all 4 - listening & reading and then P2 & P3) were on the 19th. I got As in 3 of the papers, and an A overall in Physics

History GCSE as well I did almost no revision. The only thing I remember doing is reading through my books the night before, so maybe 2 hrs revision for each paper. I got A*s in both.

As for A level - I won't know the results til summer, but I'm not spending much time on Geography or Maths.. I haven't even touched Geography yet, and both exams are next week.

And my brother got an A* in Further Maths A level with no revision whatsoever. I don't even think he did most of his homework... But then he is kind of a Spencer Reid type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daftish)
    For GCSE, I went to a convention (Asylum 12 for Supernatural. Kind of sad, I know) on the 16th-18th May. I was planning to revise Physics & German whilst there as I hadn't touched either, but I got none done. Physics I started at 8pm Sunday night and went til about 5am, German I didn't touch at all. Both exams (or technically all 4 - listening & reading and then P2 & P3) were on the 19th. I got As in 3 of the papers, and an A overall in Physics

History GCSE as well I did almost no revision. The only thing I remember doing is reading through my books the night before, so maybe 2 hrs revision for each paper. I got A*s in both.

As for A level - I won't know the results til summer, but I'm not spending much time on Geography or Maths.. I haven't even touched Geography yet, and both exams are next week.

And my brother got an A* in Further Maths A level with no revision whatsoever. I don't even think he did most of his homework... But then he is kind of a Spencer Reid type.
    Spencer Reid ♥

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ontest-winners
    Name:  Screenshot (14).png
Views: 83
Size:  299.7 KB

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.