Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 IAL (WCH01) Core principles of chemistry - 23rd May 2014 Watch

Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fattyma97)
Some people are saying it will be 62-65, don't u think that's a little too high? I think 60 is reasonable not higher. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
now thats entirely dependant on how the world found it.. like u and i could say it was easy.. or maybe your whole class.. but don't forget there are like 15000 candidatess for this paper.. and its a normal distribution therefore 60 is actually reasonable

dont worry too much.. try and score in the upcoming unit 2 papers
cheers
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2691339

this is the thread for the upcoming edexcel biology unit 2 .. IAL!!!

LETS DISCUSS!
Vivekmaj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We should just prepare very well for the U2 papers, this paper was slightly tricky so I'm guessing that U2 will be even trickier or maybe even simpler depending in your preparations for the paper!!! Be ready folks
koko1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there a thread for unit 2 chemistry?
avishyaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
would it be right to say that the hazard related to hydrogen bromide is that it's toxic/poisonous?
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by avishyaa)
would it be right to say that the hazard related to hydrogen bromide is that it's toxic/poisonous?
toxic it is
fictioned
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did write corrosice though. Cause steamy fumes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vetstudent2014
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I wrote toxic too! I thought it was quite a nice paper, particularly the 3 questions on definitions of lattice energy, first ionization energy and standard enthalpy change of formation.. I was like YAY! haha

Multiple choice was okay too, other than a couple of them that threw me a little at first.

What did you guys put for the 3 structural formulae of C6H13Br on the question of free radical substitution reaction with Br2?
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vetstudent2014)
I wrote toxic too! I thought it was quite a nice paper, particularly the 3 questions on definitions of lattice energy, first ionization energy and standard enthalpy change of formation.. I was like YAY! haha

Multiple choice was okay too, other than a couple of them that threw me a little at first.

What did you guys put for the 3 structural formulae of C6H13Br on the question of free radical substitution reaction with Br2?
u just had to shift the position of Br on the 1st 2nd and 3rd carbon atom
fictioned
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there any thread with Chem Unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
angelom1994
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paras agarwal)
i mean that studentroom mods finally realised that papers are done at the same time! So theres no chance of leakage! Therefore lets discuss! Can anyone post a mark scheme? How did u find the mcq's! Which was the hardest one?
it was about time!
Vivekmaj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vetstudent2014)

For the isomers you could have also drawn the primary, secondary and tertiary structures of the halogenoalkane like we learned in unit 2.
Fattyma97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vivekmaj)
For the isomers you could have also drawn the primary, secondary and tertiary structures of the halogenoalkane like we learned in unit 2.
Yeah thats what I did
hhalai96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah thats what I did

is it okay for he isomers you draw like actual isomers like the methyl group and everything
hhalai96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by saifulahmed)
for orbital i think the third one will be 8 or 16.
for the rest i hope they are correct cause i got the same answers.

isn't bond enthalpy values positive?
Vivekmaj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hhalai96)
is it okay for he isomers you draw like actual isomers like the methyl group and everything
I guess it's right depending on how you drew, simplest way was the unit 2 method we learnt
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what was the hardest q?
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by koko1234)
Is there a thread for unit 2 chemistry?
(Original post by avishyaa)
Yeah thats what I did
(Original post by hhalai96)
I guess it's right depending on how you drew, simplest way was the unit 2 method we learnt
(Original post by Paras Agarwal)
what was the hardest q?
see question 6 and 15 here!!! http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11915013...es-and-Alkenes
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.rockrocks.web44.net/pastp...2_2007_jun.pdf

EDEXCEL USING OCR PAPERS!! FOR OUR PAPER!
Ripper Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
MARK SCHEME
https://www.google.com/search?q=ocr+...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

OPEN FIRST LINK! SCROLL DOWN!!! CHECK FOR THE C6H13BR QUESTION!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.07%
Yes - they're famous (285)
25.36%