The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interesting how everybody acknowledges that women like tall men, and men like shorter women, for evolutionary reasons, but other gender differences(men being more aggressive and hence earning more money for instance) are normally seen as politically incorrect...
Original post by WhiteWalker
Insecure thread. I'm 5'10 and i have no issue with my height. Women don't care about your height, well, unless you're shorter than them, which can cause issues. There are plenty of short women out there for short guys to date. I actually don't mind taller women, but I never really have interactions with taller women, only women my height or shorter. Maybe tall women are rare these days:confused:

So in other words, if you're short, women do care about your height...

Of course if you're 5ft 10 you'll have no problems - there are plenty of girls shorter than you.
Original post by thelittlehobbit
I personally like short guys, and guys who are insecure about their height are extra cute. Then again, I'm 4"11 anything is tall for my height ...:colondollar:

... I love you. Marry me short person. We'll play the gene lottery and probably have medium/small children.
Original post by u_ahmed94
No...
I mean I can't talk, I'm 6'3..

But Richard Hammond is short and he attracts....ladies even though he's married... :redface: And I expect his thousands of pounds of teeth whitening has got something to do with it too... :biggrin:
So short fellow men, get your teeth whitened :biggrin:

Because he has money and he's famous.
Reply 104
Salvador Dali, Bob Dylan, Alfred Hitchcock, David Ben Gurion, John Keats, Martin Luter King , Al Pacino, Roman Polanski ,Lou Reed (RIP)...
They were all below 5' 7''. It is just people who are stupid enough to care about what other materialistic/shallow people say. Someone who judges you on height is probably not worth your time. Maybe women could say that because they dont find someone shorter sexually attractive and that's fine. But if someone doesn't give you a job because you are short or assumes you won't succeed in life because of height he is a ****ing douche. Period.
Robert Downey Jr. is 5'8''. Good night.
Women don't hate short men, they just don't want to be with a guy shorter than them. But there are also may short girls, so short men shouldn't think of their height as an issue.
Original post by Anonymous
So in other words, if you're short, women do care about your height...

Of course if you're 5ft 10 you'll have no problems - there are plenty of girls shorter than you.

Okay, maybe they will care if you're shorter than them, but there are plenty girls out there who date shorter. I don't know why you're asking here anyway, try getting outside and find out for yourself pal. What use is there feeling insecure about height?

You'll just worry yourself sick. There are so many people in the world, in our own country even, who are in poverty, have disfigurements, disabled etc, but they go about their business and don't sit around in self pity. You have your health, right? If so, that's all you need. As long as you're healthy, that is perfect.

I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe get some of those height increasing shoes like Tom Cruise did to add a 2-3 inches when you're out and about in public. If you're out with a girl and she's wearing high heels, even the score by wearing height increasing shoes or soles if you're worried about being shorter than her.
Original post by WhiteWalker
Okay, maybe they will care if you're shorter than them, but there are plenty girls out there who date shorter. I don't know why you're asking here anyway, try getting outside and find out for yourself pal. What use is there feeling insecure about height?

You'll just worry yourself sick. There are so many people in the world, in our own country even, who are in poverty, have disfigurements, disabled etc, but they go about their business and don't sit around in self pity. You have your health, right? If so, that's all you need. As long as you're healthy, that is perfect.

I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe get some of those height increasing shoes like Tom Cruise did to add a 2-3 inches when you're out and about in public. If you're out with a girl and she's wearing high heels, even the score by wearing height increasing shoes or soles if you're worried about being shorter than her.

I actually agree with most of this. There are worse things in life.

I'm not really asking anything here though - I didn't start the thread. I just think it's factually incorrect when people try to claim that women don't care about men's height.
Because a lot of women are bitchy and selfish most women don't find short men attractive and so don't have much time for short men. Not all of them obviously but some of them.
It's actually rather sad, and hypocritical. Guys get roasted for mugging off girls or not liking girls with certain features which are no fault of their own. Though, stumpy midget girls aren't that appealing either.
Reply 111
I can't stand people who think the world is out to get them over a specific attribute/generally just very insecure. Men and insecurity can get really ugly in a relationship.

I don't want to generalise, but that's just from my experience.

Height doesn't bother me that much. Looks in general don't matter to me that much. I've never felt 'repulsed' by a male or disgusted by them, never mind based on their physical appearance.

I can't speak for others, but I am not a very calculated person when it comes to attraction or who I'd date and not date. I don't have some long list of physical attributes that need to be met, or specific dominant personality traits, or that they must have a job, a car, etc. I am quite a simple person in that respect, and I think a lot of people are. They don't restrict themselves, they let things develop organically.

It's not in my nature at all to criticise someone for how they look. If someone looks odd my brain might register it, but that's where it ends. This probably comes from how badly I took criticisms of how I looked when I was younger.

I feel like some highly insecure guys really need to hear this and know that it's the truth. You shouldn't base your idea on females based off of some mentally immature/underdeveloped person in high school, or whatever.

I'm accustomed to guys being taller than me, but it isn't really something that I take notice of. For me to be properly physically attracted to someone, I have to have known them for a while, and my liking of their personality and who they are kind of informs the physical attraction, in a way. At least for guys I just think that the attraction towards them has a lot of psychological elements as opposed to some raw caveman-like attraction based solely on their physical appearance.

I'm probably rambling a lot here.
Original post by Jebedee
BMI doesn't account for muscle mass though. Plus technique accounts for far more victories than height does.
My point being, if protection is a big thing in your mating selection process. Height isn't the most accurate factor to go by at all.

oh - I don't like lanky guys either. Just because a guy is of a decent height, doesn't mean he's lanky. Hence why I said BMI. It's more an idea that I feel protected. I'm really not starting or getting into fights so whether they can or can't fight doesn't matter too much. Yes the short guy could be a black belt in Karate, but so what, tall guy looks like he can pack it in, that's all I'm happy about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by Steinweg
Now that we've sorted you being offensive out, I would like to note that you're approximately average height. This means that you're weaker partner in terms of genetics that contribute to height. Not because you're shorter, as women are generally shorter than men, but rather because you probably want someone at least 5'10". That being the average for men.

If you're happy with someone 5'10" or shorter, then I will apologise.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get rejected by a tall girl?
Original post by m93100
If you don't mind me asking, did you get rejected by a tall girl?

You've acknowledged that you no argument for your ridiculous statement, but rather than humbly apologising, will attempt to insult me further.

But to answer your question: No, I've never been rejected by someone tall, as I've never been rejected. Got a 'childhood sweetheart'.

Your move.
Reply 115
Original post by Emor
I can't stand people who think the world is out to get them over a specific attribute/generally just very insecure. Men and insecurity can get really ugly in a relationship.

I don't want to generalise, but that's just from my experience.

Height doesn't bother me that much. Looks in general don't matter to me that much. I've never felt 'repulsed' by a male or disgusted by them, never mind based on their physical appearance.

I can't speak for others, but I am not a very calculated person when it comes to attraction or who I'd date and not date. I don't have some long list of physical attributes that need to be met, or specific dominant personality traits, or that they must have a job, a car, etc. I am quite a simple person in that respect, and I think a lot of people are. They don't restrict themselves, they let things develop organically.

It's not in my nature at all to criticise someone for how they look. If someone looks odd my brain might register it, but that's where it ends. This probably comes from how badly I took criticisms of how I looked when I was younger.

I feel like some highly insecure guys really need to hear this and know that it's the truth. You shouldn't base your idea on females based off of some mentally immature/underdeveloped person in high school, or whatever.

I'm accustomed to guys being taller than me, but it isn't really something that I take notice of. For me to be properly physically attracted to someone, I have to have known them for a while, and my liking of their personality and who they are kind of informs the physical attraction, in a way. At least for guys I just think that the attraction towards them has a lot of psychological elements as opposed to some raw caveman-like attraction based solely on their physical appearance.

I'm probably rambling a lot here.

You sound far more mature than the majority of people on here. A lot of these people are going to be very lonely (and miss out on knowing some great people) if they wait to find someone who checks every little criterion they have.
Original post by TolerantBeing
I wouldn't say 5'7 is short though, I swear more than half the guys in Wales are that height. Every time I go clubbing and wear like even 3 inch heels I'm taller than a lot of guys and I'm 5'5 and half.

I agree that I wouldn't say 5'7 is short. I'm 5'8 without heels. But I get put off by a guy who is shorter. It's not cool for these guys to be shorter than us - it's not like we are of a crazy height. It stops me wearing heels on a night out because guys get intimidated, when I look 3 inches taller than them. It's not my issue that they didn't eat their vegetables! :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stargirl63
I agree that I wouldn't say 5'7 is short. I'm 5'8 without heels. But I get put off buy a guy who is shorter. It's not cool for these guys to be shorter than us - it's not like we are of a crazy height. It stops me wearing heels on a night out because guys get intimidated, when I look 3 inches taller than them. It's not my issue that they didn't eat their vegetables! :rolleyes:

Women and their god damn heels! :confused:
Original post by Blind Ferret
... I love you. Marry me short person. We'll play the gene lottery and probably have medium/small children.

well you're very forward! How charming~ you know what they say, good things come in small packages :wink:
Reply 119
Original post by Steinweg
You've acknowledged that you no argument for your ridiculous statement, but rather than humbly apologising, will attempt to insult me further.

But to answer your question: No, I've never been rejected by someone tall, as I've never been rejected. Got a 'childhood sweetheart'.

Your move.

Just do yourself a favour and stop talking to me.

You started on me for no reason. Typical. :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending