Aqa French exam on 15th May! Watch

BuddingAchiever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thomashigginson)
I thought that it was a rather than ait because it was followed by raconté so it surely had to be in the perfect tense, right

ait reconté, is in the perfect tense.... (bien que) is a subjunctive construction
Nandosfood
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thomashigginson)
I thought that it was a rather than ait because it was followed by raconté so it surely had to be in the perfect tense, right
I put a :/
Toriar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, that reading section was a lot harder than usual imo... I thought the gap fill about teachers was particularly harsh as they were all verbs :'(
Razzamataz179
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMusicLTD)
Yeah, it was a word after pour I think (the one that stayed in the infinitive). Ahh, I put reflechir because I thought it meant to reflect a working environment, but your one makes more sense. Ah, I found that gap fill exercise hard to be honest. I really wanted to get full UMS marks as well *sigh* I guess that won't be happening. What did you get for the V/F/ND section??
I can't remember, I've been trying to erase that section from my head...
All I know is - provided EVERYTHING else is right, I can still get full marks UMS (that's including getting 35/35 AND full marks oral) :mad:
Razzamataz179
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by erialc_96)
I remember saying that French children were better behaved in public, that they play more than French kids, French kids go to bed earlier, that people will be surprised and there was one more but icr
I thought the listening was absolutely lovely! the teachers clothing and true or false in the reading was a bit iffy though!
I thought it was that Americans play more than French kids, because French people were more strict or something D:
Ge0gGeek97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nandosfood)
That's exactly what I put! *Sigh of relief*
I thought I'd failed this exam, but at least I agree with you! Hopefully got 10 marks *at least, hopefully*
Ge0gGeek97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BuddingAchiever)
ait reconté, is in the perfect tense.... (bien que) is a subjunctive construction
So it was subjunctive?
emmaappleton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
for those of you who did the phone essay, what points did you make? I said that young people are exposed to pedophiles, cyber bullying, they can become addicted, distracted from their school work, and they can put pressure on their parents to buy latest models which can cause arguments. Then I said that they continue to use phones because they can contact parents on a night out, they can talk to friends, helps them relax by listening to music and playing games and I can't remeber my last point. I chucked in a couple subjunctive and some anecdotes but I don't think my vocab or accuracy was that good I wrote 6 sides though so hopefully content will be higher.
Razzamataz179
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmaappleton)
for those of you who did the phone essay, what points did you make? I said that young people are exposed to pedophiles, cyber bullying, they can become addicted, distracted from their school work, and they can put pressure on their parents to buy latest models which can cause arguments. Then I said that they continue to use phones because they can contact parents on a night out, they can talk to friends, helps them relax by listening to music and playing games and I can't remeber my last point. I chucked in a couple subjunctive and some anecdotes but I don't think my vocab or accuracy was that good I wrote 6 sides though so hopefully content will be higher.
All of that plus thefts, car accidents (the listening gave me that point ) and using it as a source of information 'cause internet.
lia957
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh dear, I answered in English because the questions were in English

...actually I don't even remember anymore hahahahah
gomg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i did so bad on this exam
luperca
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the phone essay I said it can cause health problems- use phone instead of playing outside/excercise, can cause cyberbullying, influence people with propaganda, skinny bodies etc can distract from schoolwork but it is easier to take photos during concerts and capture memories, can use internet to share photos, good to keep in touch with friends, can look things up anytime anywhere and send work in complete security. As you can see I had lots to say for internet and tried to relate it back to phones. I feel fairly confident but I didn't have time to check my answers.
BuddingAchiever
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HannahRudd-19)
So it was subjunctive?

that's what I just said
Laura05Apple
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I put subjunctive too... And there was one that was 'depuis' so I used the present form but I can't remember what verb it was with..
Dracarysx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought this exam was evil!
Essay titles were fine, I did the one on alcohol and was happy but the listening and reading was another story!
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ONE ABOUT THE TEACHERS CLOTHES, AT LEAST GIVE US ADJECTIVES NOT VERBS!

The worst one was when you had to write in French for the listening, I was clueless for most of it.

Oh well, lets hope AQA lower the grade boundaries for the inconvenience they have caused!
ZoZo1770
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmaappleton)
Six sides for the essay, what? How did you have time for that?! I wrote two and a half, oh god. -.- anticipating my E on results day...
Nandosfood
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the phones essay I wrote how it has many benefits, how they serve us in an emergency (with a little anecdote hah), pollutants from batteries, distractions, car accidents, bad people on the internet, and how they stop people from forming relationships and reading.

I know realise how little I actually wrote... :,(
erialc_96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah when I said they I meant the American kids
Pc666
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Listening and essays were so easy! The reading was tough though

Posted from TSR Mobile
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Razzamataz179)
What did everyone get for the last reading question? I found that only one was true (the one about campaigns), I put not given for the very last one despite a lot of people saying it's true. It was quite ambiguous, it said 43% of French people drink at lunch, but that doesn't imply the other 57% drink at dinner, it could imply 30% drink at dinner and the last 27% don't drink at all. So confused
Yes I also put the last one as not mentioned. I think the first one was true as adolescentes was feminine (very sneaky) and the one about less salt in the meals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.12%
Leave (424)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed