Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Drop us a PM and I'll forward you my Dropbox links.

(Original post by thenightwatchmen)
    yeas please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DistantTraces)
    No, actually, I get p***ed off. I would rather do something difficult and experience the satisfaction of being able to answer it with no problems.
    I like the six markers as well. It makes all the revision worth while when you know how to answer it. I do like the easy questions as well though because it gives me a bit of confidence that I'm getting some marks!

ReputationRep:
    any know some things that i should definately know for the c2 and c3 exam tommorow, got about 2 hours left to revise before i go to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGloow)
    To be honest, I think that there might be a comparision question on gas chromotography and paper chromotography, like which one is more efficient.
    Something like this would be nice, but I think information in the question would be provided as the spec only says that gas chromatography linked to mass spectrometry is required.

I'm expecting a rate of reactions question as a 6 marker, and probably something in relation to making insoluble salts or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Hi everyone

Does anyone have any predictions for the 6 mark questions for these exams? Do you feel prepared?
    My chemistry teacher keeps going on about the C2 6 mark and he said he can almost guarantee it's electroplating.
    How is everyone coping at the mo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 Mark Guesses:

C2: Electrolysis, Insoluble Salts, Rates of Reaction
    C3: Titration Equations, Haber Process, Hard and Soft Water

GET REVISING GUYS! Still plenty of time for learning entire methods and cramming in facts!

ReputationRep:
    Still got the rest of C3 to cram, really worried now that I won't be able to do it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    6 Mark Guesses:

C2: Electrolysis, Insoluble Salts, Rates of Reaction
    C3: Titration Equations, Haber Process, Hard and Soft Water

GET REVISING GUYS! Still plenty of time for learning entire methods and cramming in facts!
    what part of the haber process are you guessing will come up on a 6 mark question if it would?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayless)
    what part of the haber process are you guessing will come up on a 6 mark question if it would?
    I believe the general method such as:

What raw materials for the process? What catalyst? Temperature? Pressure? and why those reaction conditions are chosen and about how it's reversible so not all the hydrogen and nitrogen react to form ammonia.

There's also the points about equilibrium that is usually brought up in Haber Process sections of guides but I'm not sure how that could be brought into the 6 mark question.

Of course, this is complete speculation and none of this could come up!

ReputationRep:
    my teacher told us to day that really the only topic they can do for the six marker is titrations or maybe water treatment, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I am so worried about tomorrow!

Biology was horrible, so I'm dreading chem. There is just so much to learn I feel like being sick. C2 is way too long to cram, and C3 isn't exactly hard to understand but just Gonna be revising until 12am I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Hi everyone

Does anyone have any predictions for the 6 mark questions for these exams? Do you feel prepared?
    In all of the past papers i have done, Water Purification has never come up, maybe this is the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayumaya)
    I am so worried about tomorrow!

Biology was horrible, so I'm dreading chem. There is just so much to learn I feel like being sick. C2 is way too long to cram, and C3 isn't exactly hard to understand but just Gonna be revising until 12am I reckon.
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what a metal is, I seem to have forgotten?

ReputationRep:
    Did the January 2014 Chemistry paper have 2 6 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DistantTraces)
    No, actually, I get p***ed off. I would rather do something difficult and experience the satisfaction of being able to answer it with no problems.
    you crazy! is an A* not rewarding enough, no matter how you get it?

ReputationRep:
    if insoluble salts comes up as the 6mark question i am screwed

ReputationRep:
    How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayless)
    any know some things that i should definately know for the c2 and c3 exam tommorow, got about 2 hours left to revise before i go to sleep
    go over some calculation questions bc they're definitley going to be on, especially moles and reacting mass calculations, im so scared about the exam but i hope everyone does well! Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unidentified123)
    How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????
    Less than an hour for C2.

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.