Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    :ditto: i also went on AS/A2 board...what a mistake! like you said, they we're all in at their firms...didnt think to look at the oxford page!! duhhh!!
    i also had an evil friend telling me to keep pressing refresh....didn't work though did it!! all it did was keep me up all night for no reason, convince me that i had missed my grades and made me ring Jesus from 7.30 in the morning till 10...which was a waste of time...could have saved myself an hours worry and gone at got my grades at 10!!

oh well....finding out im actaully in (and drinking lots of champagne!) has helped me get over it! :p:
    OMG... this is almost just like me (except from the staying up all night bit, i got home at 1 and just went to sleep and woke up at 6...and started to refresh ucas). Feel sorry for those who didn't make their grades (knew what it feels like, but could say that to them as they will be like "Wtf are you chatting about, you made your grades *Smack*")

(Original post by alispam)
    don't you wish it would come earlier ?
    I know... i wanna know who my parents are! I think i might get 2 guys... as there is a lack of female E+M-ists :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Traum)
    I know... i wanna know who my parents are! I think i might get 2 guys... as there is a lack of female E+M-ists :p:
    I'm getting lesbian parents, as there's a shortage of male HumScis and biologists.

It's all so exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I'm getting lesbian parents, as there's a shortage of male HumScis and biologists.

It's all so exciting!!!
    What is the whole parent thing... i havent heard of it before, does it apply to all colleges, im going to pembroke.
    Soz if this is a bit off topic!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EmChem)
    What is the whole parent thing... i havent heard of it before, does it apply to all colleges, im going to pembroke.
    Soz if this is a bit off topic!

The name and structure of the scheme varies from college to college (I think) - some colleges have parents, other have aunties/uncles or big brothers/sisters. At some colleges you get one or both parents doing your subject, or someone who lives near you... Basically, it's one or more second or third years who'll look after you until you know the college and Oxford a bit better

ReputationRep:
    On an entirely unrelated note, anyone has any idea when the UCAS letter will reach international students? I'm wondering if the 14 days to reply is 14 days after receiving the letter or 14 days after receiving results.

Parents sound interesting, do internationals get them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I got in at 2 or results day and checked, but nothing was on....slept for 3 hours and woke up at 5 and continuously checked track....saw unconditional next to Edinburgh and though "Damn". I seriously thought I'd missed my offer!!! I handled it better than I thought I would though. Went into school feeling seriously dejected and my teacher said "What the hell are you looking gloomy for?!" handed me the results and the rest is history lol.

ReputationRep:
    How pissed did everyone get last night, then?

ReputationRep:
    To quite an extreme. There was a point where someone who will remain nameless urinated in the Thames, scooped out the scum with a pint glass and served it as a "Kronenburg Blanc" to another eminent Oxford fresher. Needless to say, he wasn't that happy...but we all agreed that it was jokes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter_The_Great)
    To quite an extreme. There was a point where someone who will remain nameless urinated in the Thames, scooped out the scum with a pint glass and served it as a "Kronenburg Blanc" to another eminent Oxford fresher. Needless to say, he wasn't that happy...but we all agreed that it was jokes!
    haha thats classic! I think my night was rather uneventful, though to be fair I dont remember that much, cos the barman was serving a cocktail with 7 shots in it for £4.50.. All I know is I woke up reeking of cigar with a number in my phone under the name "great weed", and a shot measurer in my pocket, which apparently I nicked from behind the bar as a challenge. Anyway, thats it for alcohol for me, im gonna try and stay sober till october so I can become lightweight enough to afford freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    haha thats classic! I think my night was rather uneventful, though to be fair I dont remember that much, cos the barman was serving a cocktail with 7 shots in it for £4.50.. All I know is I woke up reeking of cigar with a number in my phone under the name "great weed", and a shot measurer in my pocket, which apparently I nicked from behind the bar as a challenge. Anyway, thats it for alcohol for me, im gonna try and stay sober till october so I can become lightweight enough to afford freshers week.
    :rofl: Only Dom, only Dom....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.