For all those now holding UNCONDITIONAL OFFERS! Watch

Ian-
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
ME TOO GEOGRAPHY ALL THE WAY!!! (development geography that is...)

ian-
Bissman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
If there was ever a subject I truly despised its geography.... It trys to be Biology, History and economics, but somehow it fails to cut the mustard on any of them (a bit like me in my feckin unit 4 economics exam!)
kachii
Report 12 years ago
I'm in for Computer Science >:]

And what's so bad about Hampstead campus apart from the fact it's so damn far from the Strand Campus? XD
von_tweak
Report 12 years ago
me 2, philosophy see yall there x
woofz
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SammmJ)
me mmmmmed! so whens everyone moving in? it would be good to know if anyone has applied to kings college hall as their first choice/are def gonna be going to kch? i take it from general opinion that it wont be oversubscribed:confused:
I'm doing medicine too Also got in to KCH, I assume you're there too?
Kas
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i am coming for computer science and management
tinaphilip
Report 12 years ago
hello all

i'm in a lil dilema, I got into Kings College this year to do Maths with Comp Science, but i applied to do software eng at Manchester, because i think software eng would lead me into a job straight away, coz its a vocational course. whereas with maths i'll have to do something after, to get a good job, for eg. it'll take me 2 yrs to become an acturain( a top job!) after i have done a maths degree.

do u think maths with comp science is better, in terms of job opps, like i explained and in terms of which one is more prestigioius?? please if you could let me know your opinion? plz

I know I'm posting this in a maths site.! but..

A Levels in Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (C)
tinaphilip
Report 12 years ago
hello all

i'm in a lil dilema, I got into Kings College this year to do Maths with Comp Science, but i applied to do software eng at Manchester, because i think software eng would lead me into a job straight away, coz its a vocational course. whereas with maths i'll have to do something after, to get a good job, for eg. it'll take me 2 yrs to become an acturain( a top job!) after i have done a maths degree.

do u think maths with comp science is better, in terms of job opps, like i explained and in terms of which one is more prestigioius?? please if you could let me know your opinion? plz

I know I'm posting this in a maths site.! but..

A Levels in Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (C)
danielrsmith2104
Report 12 years ago
I haven't applied to uni yet ...going through that process now, but i was wondering, how and why do people get unconditional offers? I mean ok the uni may just decide we want this person, but do they do it by guessing that you're going to do really well in your A levels? or is it for things where you've practically already got the requirements by doing so well at AS? Or is it simply because they may like the attitude and personality you conveyed in your application/personal statement etc.?
Virna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Unconditional offers in this thread ARE mainly unconditional after results day because obviously we got the results we needed so basically your conditional offer turns into an unconditional one. However sonme people get unconditionals because they took a gap year after their A levels so they had their results and SOME people get it because the uni wants them and by giving them an unconditional they are hoping the person will accept straight away.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads