Queen's Campus Students Watch

fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nar i think its well safe in stockton. If u dont mess with the locals they dont mess with you. Its quite simple really and prob the same everywhere!!
vickyrkenya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah i do agree with the whole 'locals leave you alone if you leave them alone'. It isnt the most safe place in the world, but common sense prevails, don't go anywhere on your own at night. Same with Boro really, things do occur as with in any big town which has a buzzing nightlife, but ive never seen or been involved in anything in Stockton or Boro. Ive been in my house alone for a few days before and i don't feel really any more or less safe than I do at home, its all pretty standard really. Ive heard of more students being attacked in Durham because of the rivalry between students and locals there. Apparently students arent supposed to go to certain pubs and clubs on some nights out because its 'for the locals' or something like that. The locals here don't seem to really care (or know in some cases) about the students!
Mr. Blue Sky
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Heya! I was looking at the list of societies on the Durham Website (There's LOADS!!!! A tea and biscuit society????), but i wasn't sure which of them are based at the Queen's campus, if any! Hoping somebody could help....

And does it matter if a society is based at durham, or do Queen's people tend to stick to Queen's societies?

Cheers!
vickyrkenya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
MedSoc (probably of most interest to you as you are a prospective medic), they organise a few events dotted throughout the year such as a ball, the medic full monty and other assorted parties. They also do medics football and hockey.

BiomedSoc (the best naturally - im a bit biased as i founded it and am the president, but we do have the most members of any soc on campus!!!)

Poi/Firespinning - this one will really take off next year I think.

Sports - Men and womens football, netball, basketball, hockey, rowing, badminton, squash, table tennis, rugby, tennis, canoeing, equestrian...errrrr.

Music - band, choir, alternative music soc

Ladies and gentlemen club, streetdancing, aerobics, dragon boating, cocktail society, chocolate soc, chess club, poker soc.

And then yes you can go to the ones based in Durham too if you like. I know a lot of people who go up there for university sports clubs (fencing, badminton, cricket, rugby, rowing), university brass band etc
kurst_n
Report 11 years ago
You can always set up your own socities too...the chance is if you want to set a club up plenty of other people will want to join!
tehjonny
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
there isnt a pool on campus, but there is one in thornaby...bout 20mins walk

havent been in said pool though, so cant comment on whether its good or bad.

plus this link (that me and Vicky did months ago) has more info

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Que...us%2C_Stockton
Their is also one just off stockton highstreet, maybe a bit closer?
vickyrkenya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tehjonny)
Their is also one just off stockton highstreet, maybe a bit closer?
Splash indeed, about 10mins from campus. It is pretty new. It also has a wave machine, which is very exciting.
kurst_n
Report 11 years ago
I like Splash...dont they also do an inflatibles evening there
vickyrkenya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kurst_n)
I like Splash...dont they also do an inflatibles evening there
Think so yes.
OrangeLemon
Report 11 years ago
i want to go to the inflatables evening that sounds awesome
they also have a slide which is a bit rubbish but its fun the first few times
pete-the-sparrow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey - so I've put Durham Queens as my firm choice for App Psychology, for Stephenson College. I got a letter telling me to apply for accommodation online a while back, which I did, to live on campus obviously.

I havent heard anything back since then. Should I have?!
vickyrkenya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey,
Nope, just wait for your exam results and expect to hear from them shortly after that!
Starfish01
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^ditto, on my letter they said that i'll hear from them in august
kurst_n
Report 11 years ago
Just doing a shameless plug but also a bit of new info with regards to societies. For all those studying Business, Business Finance or Accountancy & Finance there is now the Business Society.

The accom. info will take a while to sort out now but dont worry about it. You should find out about it around results time, even if you have an unconditional offer.
wannahhade
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sezkin)
Yup, I'm in John Snow college this october, going to study Primary Teaching BA. Sooo excited!
me too...hopefully goin to do Primary Teaching BA - john snow!!
pete-the-sparrow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vickyrkenya)
Hey,
Nope, just wait for your exam results and expect to hear from them shortly after that!
Cool, cheers!

Anyone on here do Applied Psych or will be going to in October?
DrEvil
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When does freshers week start?
Rooftopcowboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DrEvil)
When does freshers week start?
term begins on the 3rd october

so freshers week will start on the 29/30th june, depending on what college your in (stephenson generally move in on the saturday, snow the sunday)
DrEvil
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
June?
vickyrkenya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think RTC means September somehow!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads