King's students 2006 Watch

mrmatty
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
maybe they've just forgotten about us all? i've got my cardboard box ready just in case - living on the street can't be that bad???
dragons_circle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has anyone heard from college parents yet? I heard from a 3rd year that they already knew their college kids a few days before we got A level results!
essjaydee_88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dragons_circle)
Has anyone heard from college parents yet? I heard from a 3rd year that they already knew their college kids a few days before we got A level results!
I thought the letter said we'd be allocated parents on arrival... I guess that means we just won't have any contact with them till we meet them. Sounds cool - someone to say "hello" when you haven't even the tiniest clue what's going on, where you're going or who anyone is.
Jigglypuff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I feel so unloved!
dragons_circle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know this guy from work who's a 3rd year King's, I'm sure he said he's known from before results. Maybe they're just all lazy gits
-x- Lici -x-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey guys...fraid i'm not a Kingser but just thought i'd tell you that at most colleges, you only find out what room you got on the day you arrive! I want to know if i got my shower!! Anyway...hope you dont mind the intrusion!

xx
Bill_uk
Report 12 years ago
Got my King's accomodation letter Thursday...yep yep.

I got Spalding, which was my first choice

Perhaps grad letters go out first? I doubt you'll have to wait until you get there. They'll probably arrive soon.

Good luck
-x- Lici -x-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of course i could be wrong :P
zazu
Report 12 years ago
Me and the hubby sent off our letters to the Admissions Office to be sent out to the kids before A level results came out!

Sorry you haven't heard anything yet! I definitely knew where my room was before I came up, but maybe they've changed the system this year?
Jigglypuff
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zazu)
Me and the hubby sent off our letters to the Admissions Office to be sent out to the kids before A level results came out!

Sorry you haven't heard anything yet! I definitely knew where my room was before I came up, but maybe they've changed the system this year?
So King's have the letters but have not sent them out? That's weird, they've usually been quite organised. I'm getting impatient now :mad: Oh well, at least they are being disorganized now and not back in January when the offer letters were expected...that would have killed me for sure!
Jigglypuff
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I GOT AN INFO PACK TODAY.

I'm in Keynes and my college parents seem lovely.
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
:eek: I didnt get anything from college parent!

I do have my room number though Its K314 which im guessing is in Keynes. (?!)

Does anyone know anhything about this room? Is it ensuit? The rent seems less than some of the other people's at different colleges so im worried its a bit crappy:p: Any info would be great.

Jigglypuff, what else was in the info pack ? Anything about freshers week?
Jigglypuff
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by **noooni**)
:eek: I didnt get anything from college parent!

I do have my room number though Its K314 which im guessing is in Keynes. (?!)

Does anyone know anhything about this room? Is it ensuit? The rent seems less than some of the other people's at different colleges so im worried its a bit crappy:p: Any info would be great.

Jigglypuff, what else was in the info pack ? Anything about freshers week?
Your room is en-suite in Keynes Yeah I think it's good value for what it is.
http://www.kcsu.org.uk/kords3/ (scroll down and you can click on your room number for pictures!) So it's not crappy at all, it's great! It has a mini fridge and everything :eek: I am on the second floor, you are on the third.

In my freshers pack I got my room number, college parents letter, a map and a booklet which tells you about King's. Nothing about freshers week that we didn't already know, but it was useful all the same (tells you term dates, info about facilities, etc). I'm sure they will give you the booklet soon.
mrmatty
Report 12 years ago
i'm in K102 - soooo happy can't wait to get there!!!!

btw i found this, which might be useful http://www.sutickets.com/event/12582 ...
dragons_circle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, I'm in K118! That's pretty close! And I've got a CompSci dad and a Classicist mum, and a brother and a sister! I'm ecstatic, Keynes was definitely my first choice!
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Did everyone hear from college parents? i havnt yet....
stolen
Report 12 years ago
Hi again guys. I think I posted somewhere further back in this topic, not sure, I don't use TSR much but I vaguely remember the title.

Anyways yeah i received my stuff about the accomodation today too. Noooni I'm in K310, I guess that must be really close to your room. Hope you don't have too many insane parties keeping me awake... actually on seconds thoughts, as long as I'm invited it's ok. :p:

Judging from the photos I don't think anyone's going to be partying in their room actually, my room looks tiny, oh well.

I received 3 letters from my college parents inside the envelope along with the accomodation info. I'm a bit confused actually, I think I have two college families - 2 mums, 2 dads and a 'sister', lol. Well anyway don't worry if you don't hear anything from yours, I seem to have plenty to share!
Loocy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you lot are soooooooooooo jammy. I have to wait a whole year.

ah well, can still get seriously wasted back in Glasgow after work! ho ho ho. save a good but reasonably priced room for me next year.
zazu
Report 12 years ago
Keynes rooms are plenty big, parties are rather common in them enjoy guys!
Jigglypuff
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Keynes <3

And I have four college siblings...my parents have obviously been 'busy' at Cambridge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (133)