Turn on thread page Beta

Your own forum? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Whiney pointless ****e. People can find out about growing up by getting on and doing so.
    Can you name many childrens books that do that though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Can you name many childrens books that do that though?
    who said I even liked children's books?

ReputationRep:
    who said I even liked children's books?
    So in your opinion, childrens books are just crap??

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much, and HP is amongst the crappier :p:

ReputationRep:
    Even if HP is crap (it's not) why do you moan about it? Nobody is forcing you to read it.

ReputationRep:
    How come someone who disagrees with you is instantly moaning? I'm making legitimate points. Harry Potter is a tired story that she tried to revive by throwing in pseudo-magic.

ReputationRep:
    Well Harry Potter fans don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose not, otherwise they wouldn't waste their life reading it :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're even more stubborn than me grr :p: .

ReputationRep:
    yes, yes i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    You're even more stubborn than me grr :p: .
    and me!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i think we seem to have lost the point.
    ethereal i'm real sorry you don't like children's books, now is that any reason why you should come and say this forum is pointless? it's hidden away in the entertainment section where your eyes can't see it till you go looking for it. if it upsets (or whatever it does to you) so much, just don't come here. if you must block the page from being seen with your internet browser. it's real easy you know. :rolleyes:
    damn i'm not in a good mood...

ReputationRep:
    I said it was a waste of server space. It will still be one even if I don't look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Concerning how a thread about one book has a similar number of posts to the forum on all other books
    I think you answered your own question there. What it says about peoples' reading habits is something different entirely

ReputationRep:
    I said it was a waste of server space. It will still be one even if I don't look at it.
    Well stop moaning about it to us and go and complain to the mods/admin or something then. I don't think it's anymore a waste of server space than some other forums on here.

ReputationRep:
    Well if this forum is a waste of server space, then so is this thread So why dont we just delete it? like all the other fourms and subforums. (I believe I mentioned the list earlier?)(If I didnt it was:
    *Welcome Lounge
    *Chat
    *General Discussion
    *H&R
    *F&B
    *Societies
    *General Discussion
    *Motoring
    *Travel
    *F&D
    *Sport
    *Technology
    *Entertainment
    *Subs Areas
    *About
    Which leaves us
    *Academic
    *D&D(although that could be argued it is a waste of server space, as Im sure there are other places to debate)
    *University
    *Careers (although that could also be argues to be useless as there are other places about careers on the web)

Point made?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :five: nice one trish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphrodite)
    Well if this forum is a waste of server space, then so is this thread So why dont we just delete it? like all the other fourms and subforums. (I believe I mentioned the list earlier?)(If I didnt it was:
    *Welcome Lounge
    *Chat
    *General Discussion
    *H&R
    *F&B
    *Societies
    *General Discussion
    *Motoring
    *Travel
    *F&D
    *Sport
    *Technology
    *Entertainment
    *Subs Areas
    *About
    Which leaves us
    *Academic
    *D&D(although that could be argued it is a waste of server space, as Im sure there are other places to debate)
    *University
    *Careers (although that could also be argues to be useless as there are other places about careers on the web)

Point made?
    And really with only 4 forums will anyone join TSR? D&D, Academic, Uni and Careers? I wouldnt join for those 4. And as not many people would be around D&D and Academic would fizzle out, as would Careers. Uni studnets only? Not many would stay for just that. Voila - TSR dead - again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    :five: nice one trish!
    Thank you *bows*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphrodite)
    And really with only 4 forums will anyone join TSR? D&D, Academic, Uni and Careers? I wouldnt join for those 4. And as not many people would be around D&D and Academic would fizzle out, as would Careers. Uni studnets only? Not many would stay for just that. Voila - TSR dead - again.
    Remember though back in the day there was only one forum.

One whole page devoted to TSR (well back then it was UK-Learning, and that just proves my age here) and we still got loads of people joining there and then.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.