Freshers Ball Watch

minicoopa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes i think a dress and peep toe shoes for me. cant find one. but im going to go to wintage manhattan stored and see whats around. seeing as im already really into vintage i have all the accessories/bags etc..

thinking about hair and makeup but well all be there to get ready together. how cute will that be. like a slumber party. but drunk!
sangoire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know what to do for my hair, will have to figure that out later. I think most women in the 1950s had hairstyles with fringes, and I'm not going to cut my hair short just for Freshers' Ball. Any suggestions?
mysteria
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by minicoopa)
thinking about hair and makeup but well all be there to get ready together. how cute will that be. like a slumber party. but drunk!
omg someone has to stay sober or else we'll end up going lookin like clowns. Yum.
Flexon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People plan to stay sober.... jk
annagruber
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
section off the front part of your hair, where your fringe would be, and then pin it back in one of those quiffs that was in a while back. problem solved
Jan-da-man
Report 12 years ago
well othere important question: What kind of dances did they have back in the 60tys
minicoopa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
twisting etc...think your just meant to go with it... can't imagine ppl will go so outta their way to learn new dances?
aniella
Report 12 years ago
yeh im goin it looks like gd fun and a gr8 theme! not sure about the music havent heard of any of them lol wat music is it?
Bottekrank
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Grrr! :mad: Earlier I tried to get a polkadot 50s dress off ebay for the freshers' ball and someone outbid me in the last few seconds. Looks like I'll have to look on the high street - anyone know where I could pick one up cheaply? Cheers.
Dwimm
Report 12 years ago
i still have no idea what to wear, i don't want to spend alot as i think this will be a one time outfit, unless we plan a load of 50's theme parties .

can anyone help me out with some ideas?
sangoire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you tried googling images of fashion in the 1950s? You might get some ideas there... Don't know how you're going to improvise with the clothes you've got, though. I think I'm going to take the easy way out and buy a dress.
itsmonktastic
Report 12 years ago
all my knowledge of the 50s comes from back to the future
m1kes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think I will decide what I'm wearing on the day.
Probably a polo shirt or something
Nellz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
boys have it so easy :mad:
Happy1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To be honest, people who doint use TSr arent as likely to have worked out about the 50s theme yet... so i doubt everyone will have an outfit... im just going to go in whatever i can find tahts suitable for a ball.
annagruber
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i can do semi spanish...but its a hot dress so will wear it anyway.
judi_lover
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
boys dont have it easy! i havnt a clue what to wear..... 50's style? whats that?!?

plus i dont wanna spend too much cus the £18 or whatever it is for the ball takes a big lump out of my budget as it is!
RachGeorge
Report 12 years ago
Do you deffo have to pay £18 to go?
Wkd_Intent
Report 12 years ago
Or you can buy the fresher's pass. Its something like £30 but gets you entry into all the fresher's stuff without queing. (and includes your ball ticket)
spark911
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had a quick look on ebay, there is quite a bit of stuff if you search '1950' under clothes, but its mostly for the girls :rolleyes: but a few items there for the guys such as an army uniform, a few hats and random other things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.69%
No (717)
73.31%

Watched Threads