Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do girls let guys know that they like them? FINALLY IT SHALL BE REVEALED... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    difficult but possible thats how generations move forward....
    people have changed a lot more in other times..
    Very difficult for me, maybe not for my future family.

confidence is a great thing I agree..but the fact you only want men who approach puts too high a price on confidence..especially when this confidence maybe a result of alcohol..you dont even know his intentions..
    I can sense whether he's drinking alcohol or not. I'd actually prefer it if he didn't drink to be more confident as God forbid, he may be abusive later down the line.

hmm im glad to hear cheating isnt as acceptable in your culture.however from my experience most western men prefer asian woman to eastern european whom they generally see as tacky.but im glad this is not the case in your area and if you live up to this way you portray them then yee deserve it.
    That isn't what I experienced. I've seen more and more Western men go to places like Russia, Ukraine and even South America to find good wives.

why dont you do the same?men and women must both go for jobs.Its okay men typically have to approach the girl.we must improves ourselves to improve our chances.it shouldn't always be the case.
    Well, I don't think I'm posing too many restrictions. Only that they need to approach first, be loyal, be the breadwinner and be a gentleman. So, yes, men need to improve themselves if they want to win our heart (at least those which are "rude" by our standards). But us women also need to improve ourselves or men will go nowhere near us.

yep shouldnt need a partner to be happy for both sexes.but both sexes would find it easier to be happier more often with the right partner.but they shouldnt have to work really hard to get that.hence both sexes should meet in middle and make it easy.if they both approached itd be easy.its simply your mentality getting in your way.tradition whatever.
    I agree that if they both approached, it would be easy. But the tradition is unlikely to change, for a long time. Even if, God forbid, the East gets Westernised.

the demographic of the country..what are you getting to here:? it comse across as racist...and as ive said theyre being picky...thats another issue
    It's not racist to observe what is going on in your own culture. Decent men are hard to find in my parents' country. I've had guys telling me it's difficult to find a decent wife right here in London. What's wrong with wanting someone to take care of you? I can't give three ****s about looks or "being a bad boy!". I just want to be loved, respected and cared for - and I will give the same to them back.

you dont need to sleep around thats just an excuse..if the right man is serious about yeh he will wait.dont make excuses.im glad to hear but theres much less incentives to improve urself as a person not career..hence some women fall into this trap..
    I'm not making excuses. It's just many ONS is not for me. I'm not the type of gal to wear provocative clothing and get wild sex like most other girls in my uni.

I don't want the heartbreak that most Western girls have either.

you should put your ideals into question not accept them no matter what...slavery and homophobia was once an ideal until people start to question it.
    I don't think that I will, tbh. I've tried to question them but I can see the reasons on why women in my culture want a decent man.

your way of thinking prevents people becoming couples..that isnt a good thing.surely you are confident enough to get over the fact that some people will see you as desperate.besides you clearly see yourself as a pretty lady so its unlikely youll be rejected.
    I've observed this but there's nothing a silly young gal like me can do about it. Except, maybe changing my actions.

If I start to approach men, my family won't give me the time of day about it. So I let the people come to me instead of spending time looking at signals from Mohawk Dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tearteto)
    - the guy goes first
    - the guy goes first
    - the guy goes first
    - It's first contact - wut.
    - the guy goes first
    - gives him her phone number after he asks.
    - Never happens

I think I'm pretty close right?
    Spot on.

It's a shame about the tube thing though. So many hotties I see as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietheCat)
    Very difficult for me, maybe not for my future family.

I can sense whether he's drinking alcohol or not. I'd actually prefer it if he didn't drink to be more confident as God forbid, he may be abusive later down the line.

That isn't what I experienced. I've seen more and more Western men go to places like Russia, Ukraine and even South America to find good wives.

Well, I don't think I'm posing too many restrictions. Only that they need to approach first, be loyal, be the breadwinner and be a gentleman. So, yes, men need to improve themselves if they want to win our heart (at least those which are "rude" by our standards). But us women also need to improve ourselves or men will go nowhere near us.

I agree that if they both approached, it would be easy. But the tradition is unlikely to change, for a long time. Even if, God forbid, the East gets Westernised.

It's not racist to observe what is going on in your own culture. Decent men are hard to find in my parents' country. I've had guys telling me it's difficult to find a decent wife right here in London. What's wrong with wanting someone to take care of you? I can't give three ****s about looks or "being a bad boy!". I just want to be loved, respected and cared for - and I will give the same to them back.

I'm not making excuses. It's just many ONS is not for me. I'm not the type of gal to wear provocative clothing and get wild sex like most other girls in my uni.

I don't want the heartbreak that most Western girls have either.

I don't think that I will, tbh. I've tried to question them but I can see the reasons on why women in my culture want a decent man.

I've observed this but there's nothing a silly young gal like me can do about it. Except, maybe changing my actions.

If I start to approach men, my family won't give me the time of day about it. So I let the people come to me instead of spending time looking at signals from Mohawk Dude.
    only your attitude is holding this back.good point.yeh bes to avoid the heavy drinkers.hmm i thought they went to asia..but very well..its true its happening theyre going elsewhere.thats the thing..why is being approached first so important..it has no implications on being the breadwinner or a gentleman.exactly it would be easy so why not do it:?look whats happening in japan..less and less couples..because both sexes wont meet half way and compromise.it is rather racist but il let it slide at least youre honest.theres nothign wrong with wanting a lad to take care of you just you made a slightly racist remark about men in your country.

again you dont need to have ONS to keep the right kind of guy.if hes really serious hell wait.you dont want their heatbreak so you take the easy option.

haha theres nothing wrong with wanting a decent man.I question why you think a man that approaches you will have special characteristics than the man who doesnt.because he doesnt approach he cant be loyal or a breadwinner etc.again you can get over your families views.

we dont see eye to eye.youre not wiling to change.aslong as you can get away with it youll continue to do so.none the less nice having a discussion and best of luck kiddo

ReputationRep:
    She left for America :sad:
    Awww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What a great debate!

Agree that there has to be mutual attraction and at the very least a little interaction from both parties.

ReputationRep:
    I got excited to read this thread...disappointed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    Awww :hugs:
    Yeah, she wants to be a doctor but the NHS pay is ****, according to her. She got a top paying job after many years of experience. I understand that career is important than relationships, for a lot of people.

only your attitude is holding this back.good point.yeh bes to avoid the heavy drinkers.hmm i thought they went to asia..but very well..its true its happening theyre going elsewhere.thats the thing..why is being approached first so important..it has no implications on being the breadwinner or a gentleman.exactly it would be easy so why not do it:?look whats happening in japan..less and less couples..because both sexes wont meet half way and compromise.it is rather racist but il let it slide at least youre honest.theres nothign wrong with wanting a lad to take care of you just you made a slightly racist remark about men in your country.

again you dont need to have ONS to keep the right kind of guy.if hes really serious hell wait.you dont want their heatbreak so you take the easy option.

haha theres nothing wrong with wanting a decent man.I question why you think a man that approaches you will have special characteristics than the man who doesnt.because he doesnt approach he cant be loyal or a breadwinner etc.again you can get over your families views.

we dont see eye to eye.youre not wiling to change.aslong as you can get away with it youll continue to do so.none the less nice having a discussion and best of luck kiddo
    Yeah, I'm not willing to change. However, I'll bring up my future family with my modified ideals - that it's OK to approach a man. Hopefully, that means that Western men and Eastern women could be matched more.

I think I derailed the thread a long time ago. The discussion turned from "what signs do girls show that implies that they like the guy" to "who approaches who in general in the West and the East". :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, she wants to be a doctor but the NHS pay is ****, according to her. She got a top paying job after many years of experience. I understand that career is important than relationships, for a lot of people.

Yeah, I'm not willing to change. However, I'll bring up my future family with my modified ideals - that it's OK to approach a man. Hopefully, that means that Western men and Eastern women could be matched more.

I think I derailed the thread a long time ago. The discussion turned from "what signs do girls show that implies that they like the guy" to "who approaches who in general in the West and the East". :sadnod:
    But are you happy with how things are? Because that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Why are people saying "smiling" and "eye contact"? Those are things I do with everyone​!

Lol girl says "hi", guy thinks she wants marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    Lol girl says "hi", guy thinks she wants marriage.
    Apparently, I have been learning a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Want to know the secret? Stop caring...

ReputationRep:

Like obviously getting a decent job is imp ..but to me a wife and family is more important..not sure how I can improve my chances of getting that though

yeh hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    But are you happy with how things are? Because that's the most important thing at the end of the day.
    I'm happy in my own relationship, so yeah.

Like obviously getting a decent job is imp ..but to me a wife and family is more important..not sure how I can improve my chances of getting that though

yeh hopefully.
    Go to Ukraine or Russia (not Kiev, Moscow or St Petersburg). There are plenty of gorgeous single women there who are good homemakers

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy in my own relationship, so yeah.

Go to Ukraine or Russia (not Kiev, Moscow or St Petersburg). There are plenty of gorgeous single women there who are good homemakers
    hahah theres something in general I dont like about eastern european women...not my type im afraid :P
    but cheers for the advice..just dont see myself with a russian spy:cool:

ReputationRep:
    hahah theres something in general I dont like about eastern european women...not my type im afraid :P
    but cheers for the advice..just dont see myself with a russian spy:cool:
    There is always South America as well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There is always South America as well :yep:
    yeh brasilians are nice

although whats wrong with uk and ireland:? even a western european gurl or an asian..an american theyd more be my type
    maybe even an african

ReputationRep:
    yeh brasilians are nice

although whats wrong with uk and ireland:? even a western european gurl or an asian..an american theyd more be my type
    maybe even an african
    I've gotten to know Western European girls myself and I was incompatible with all of those who I knew.

American guys are pretty cool, in general. But I know some American girls who cheat and take everything from their men, and then move on to their next sucker.

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten to know Western European girls myself and I was incompatible with all of those who I knew.

American guys are pretty cool, in general. But I know some American girls who cheat and take everything from their men, and then move on to their next sucker.
    some western girls are a bit...iffy but thats the same with every race..

an african american gurl would be yummy although generally dont like american gurls overly much

ReputationRep:
    Americans tend to be more outgoing and display the signs you read about. Brits tend to be more reserved and the guy is going to have to go up and talk.

In the US, girls tend to come up and talk as well at least in cities.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends more on if the girl is shy or outgoing, as they both react differently.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.