Hilda's Girls 2006! Watch

Queen_A
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ktroo85)
Don't worry if you haven't done a level economics you start at the beginning and seriously after maybe half a term those of us who had done it before had no advantage. You certainly won't be the only one, last year there must have been at least four or so who hadn't done a level economics. Plus anyway as a ppeist you can give it up after a year if you find it too difficult. If you're worried i can send you my tute sheet from last year so you can see the kind of things you'll get. Alberto normally sets a mixture of mulitple choice, true and false questions, discussion questions and an essay, but it really isn't hard as it is all in the lecture notes or text book.
Thanks for the reassurance . I've been reading Varian, but a lot of it is going over my head, I think. I'm hoping that Economics will be one of my stronger suits, as it's something I'm really interested in, but we'll see how it turns out. It's nice to know that there's always that option.
Just to check:
When can I expect my first essay? And do you remember what it was? Yes, I'd love to see the tute sheet!
I know I could ask my college sister, but she doesn't seem to have replied to my e-mail :confused:
ktroo85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you PM me your email adress then i will send you the tute sheet as it basically contains the whole of what we were set in the first term, including essays and which chapters in each book to use to help answer the questions. Don't worry if Varian is going over your head as it is the most advanced of the textbooks try Katz and Rosen as that is slightly simpler and is the other textbook that is really useful for first year. I also had a copy of Begg which is A level standard. But out of the three i would say i used Katz and Rosen the most as it keeps things easy with more diagrams and less maths than Varian.
LatinMachine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hildabeests, could I possibly have your help please?:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=288625

Any opinions appreciated!! xx
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PsychologyJen)
Hildabeests, could I possibly have your help please?:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=288625

Any opinions appreciated!! xx
Done, although I didn't say anything that others hadn't already said :p:
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bumpity bump.

Anyone got any last-minute questions about Hilda's? Are you all looking forward to coming up? I must say, I'm getting quite excited about Freshers' Week... :p: (I get to find out tonight which JCR events I'll be helping out at.)
LatinMachine
Rep:
?
Yaaaaaay - I'm looking forward to it!
It's my last day at work today, I'm going shopping for last minute stuff tomorrow and over the weekend, and I'll be packing Saturday/Sunday.
If someone comes up to you Quistis and says "Hi..it's Jen" that's me
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PsychologyJen)
Yaaaaaay - I'm looking forward to it!
It's my last day at work today, I'm going shopping for last minute stuff tomorrow and over the weekend, and I'll be packing Saturday/Sunday.
If someone comes up to you Quistis and says "Hi..it's Jen" that's me
Guess whose pidge I saw today? (Not being a stalker, but your full name is in your profile...) Oh, and we'll meet on the first day, assuming you'll live on the corridor I think you will - me and my friend are doing your corridor tea. So actually it's likely to be a burst of mutual recognition. Assuming I haven't shown you to your room first. :p: What time you arriving? This goes for all of you guys - I'll be helping take Freshers to rooms from 9-12 on Monday (and 12-3 on Sunday IIRC) so please say hi to me then if you see me. For those of you that don't know my real name: I'm Heather
LatinMachine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quistis)
Guess whose pidge I saw today?
Yay, I have a pidge!! Aww man, I'm arriving in the afternoon Heh, that means there will be 3 TSR users on the floor - I'll see you at corridor tea! x
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oooh, it just occurs to me that I'm assuming you'll be in a certain building due to your surname. It would be really rather lame if I banged on door 116 and said, "Hi, Jen!" and they're like, "what? Who's Jen?" PM me your building if you feel comfortable doing so? (Evidence that I am a real JCR committee member, or at least someone at Hilda's, rather than some random stalker or pervert: your pidge gives initials and surname, and your middle name begins with an L. .)
Queen_A
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, it's the one you're thinking of Quistis (near beginning of alphabet one) - bang on 114 as well and say hello to me as well (Anita). Please say you saw mine...I have a really long double barrelled surname - impossible to miss :p:
I'll be there in the morning (traffic permitting), so I'll probably see you there (I'll be the one trying to explain why I haven't returned my Electrical Appliances form yet )
Do you know what the theme is yet? Most of my friends are leaving tomorrow, so now the reality of coming up has hit me, and I'm just overly excited! Got my hair done today and did a bit of shopping for even more toilettries, so I'm definitely ready.
Oh - and question: How far away are the kitchens from my room? And do people actually leave food in there, and does it get eaten (also does tupperware need to be clearly labelled and/or have a vicious note taped to the top?)
Thankss
Feefifofum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aw, little baby Hilda's girlies. You probably won't meet me in Fresher's Week, I have collections, so will be buried in my books. After that though, if you see me around, come say hi!
LatinMachine
Rep:
?
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
Ahem, sorry, I'm way excited, I can't wait to meet all the girlies!
Georgiana
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Queen_A)
No, it's the one you're thinking of Quistis (near beginning of alphabet one) - bang on 114 as well and say hello to me as well (Anita). Please say you saw mine...I have a really long double barrelled surname - impossible to miss :p:
This is so very very random ... but I've already arrived at Hildas (and yes... it is absolutely gorgeous... I woke up this morning and saw 2 white swans gliding across the river.. sigh... ) Anyway, on the notice boards I think there's another PPE student... called Aneta

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
princess peach
Report 12 years ago
[QUOTE]Anyone got any last-minute questions about Hilda's? QUOTE]

I have a question; will I need to bring a posh dress for the first term?
Feefifofum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably not, but that depends on what you choose to do. The Ball season isn't really until Trinity term, but there will be a Winter Ball of some description at the Union. Getting tickets for this is a nightmare, though. I'd pack a cocktail dress just in case.
LatinMachine
Rep:
?
What time is the corridor tea going to be?
I'll be arriving at about 2/3pm. And will there be coffee too? And biscuits? **looks hopeful**
Queen_A
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Georgiana)
This is so very very random ... but I've already arrived at Hildas (and yes... it is absolutely gorgeous... I woke up this morning and saw 2 white swans gliding across the river.. sigh... ) Anyway, on the notice boards I think there's another PPE student... called Aneta

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Or maybe it's me, and they spelt my name wrong. Can't believe you're there already?! Are you in Wolfson?
Sorry to repeat myself, but could someone please answer my questions? Thanks Hildabeasts!!!
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going to be in the Lodge in ten hours showing arriving (mostly from overseas) Freshers to their rooms! I got my committee T-shirts tonight! I am very excited! I will undoubtedly bump into you soon, Georgiana!

Queen_A - I don't know about the first floor kitchen but on the ground floor of that building, friends' food was stolen; but I was in a different building and none of my stuff ever went missing. So, um, I don't know. If your kitchen contains an oven it might be busier than mine was because people without ovens may wish to use yours. There may well be a correlation between how busy the kitchen is and the likelihood of your food being nicked. I don't know your corridor very well but I don't think any first-year lives more than a 30-second walk from a kitchen! Certainly not in your building.

Corridor tea will be at 5pm. Feel free to just stay in your room, either unpacking or chatting to your New Best Mates (TM), rather than trying to find where the tea will be - we have been instructed to bang on doors to get you all out. .

Feefifofum - I have Collections too. This has not made me work. :p:

Princess Peach - it depends on what you plan on going to. Any compulsory things, e.g. the college Freshers' Dinner, can be attended in just smart trousers/skirt and a nice top. Various societies and the Union will hold black tie balls, so if you plan on attending and have a suitable dress, you may want to bring it along.
Georgiana
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Queen_A)
Or maybe it's me, and they spelt my name wrong. Can't believe you're there already?! Are you in Wolfson?
Sorry to repeat myself, but could someone please answer my questions? Thanks Hildabeasts!!!
Hehe, I can't believe it either! I'm actually staying in South, although I almost wish I was staying in Wolfson, judging from the huge windows and that all-essential telephone in the room! :p:

Unfortunately, I too live in anticipation of knowing the theme of the bop.
LatinMachine
Rep:
?
**sings** One day to go...
Although this morning was a little depressing because I saw my boyfriend for the last time. Well, I guess I have to call him my "ex-"boyfriend now. I packed all my clothes yesterday, go me But then I realised I forgot to leave out some underwear so I had to dive back into my massive suitcase!
And then of course I need to pack my separate "shoes and bags" case...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads