Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    I lived with a family member so I paid my living expenses out of my student loan to them. But yeah basically. I was going to drop out after the first semester of the second year but was nagged into staying. I should've just gone with my feelings in hindsight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So did you graduate on a course you didn't want to do? What were you studying? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Actually go to societies/extra curricular stuff. I had so little work to be doing that looking back I'm pretty disappointed I didn't use my time to do these things. Other than that I had a great first year & hopefully second year will be even better as I get into societies & such.

What did you do with your free time then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    So did you graduate on a course you didn't want to do? What were you studying? :hmmmm:
    Yes I graduated. Prefer not to say here but I guess what a lot of people on TSR may refer to as a useless degree I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdude)
    What did you do with your free time then?
    Pretty much nothing which is why it's a regret.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)

How experience do you need for the Sports? I've only ever played American Football twice (loved it) and didn't play properly by the rules, so quite a beginner, would love to be on the team in the BUCS though
    At my university, the societies let people join no matter how skilled they are at the sport.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand, why are you guys talking about moving in and university, and what's a fresher? a new name for year 12s? so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moecandy)
    i dont understand, why are you guys talking about moving in and university, and what's a fresher? a new name for year 12s? so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A fresher is the name for first week uni students

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I understand now, this post isn't about 16 year olds, okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're pretty much referred to as freshers for the whole of first year too.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    They're pretty much referred to as freshers for the whole of first year too.
    Ah thats what I thought but wasn't sure thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited to go to uni now
    And is the freshers few weeks different for diff uni's?
    I've heard it is less exciting in Cambridge/Warwick than in like Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    I went to Warwick, it was pretty tame compared to others and could definitely be described as boring in comparison.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    1.Talk to as many people you can. Pre drinks is the best time for this. You will see them at every flat party and slowly get to know them ( but its a different story u might never speak to any of them after freshers ahaha)
    2. Enjoy the nights out. After 1st year it doesnt seem the same anymore so make the most of it.
    3. Come across as an approachable and sociable person. It will make you well known and popular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Yeah, some unis aren't so big on it. Mine wasn't but I was in London so there were a lot of pretty great things to do all year round.

ReputationRep:
    This is the wrong thread to read after just leaving university. I will miss it so much! Hmm what advice can I give? have fun, party etc etc but do not piss about during the holidays get some work experience and internships in the summer in the career of your choice.

What else? For goodness sake do the study abroad exchange term. It was the best experience of my life let alone university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjwell)
    I went to Warwick, it was pretty tame compared to others and could definitely be described as boring in comparison.
    Goddammit, really? I'm going to Warwick in September! I live in Cambridge and can't speak for the uni events/bars, but the clubs are ridiculously expensive and a Jaegerbomb will set you back £5.50 in certain pubs (Regal is cheap tho).

With regards to relationships, are you all really so against them at uni? My boyfriend has just completed his first year of his degree (not at Warwick or Cambridge) and now that he's back, I'm working in France. Clearly we're both very independent. I do see what people mean about not being attached to the hip, however, having seen one of my friends become like this. It's bad at any stage in life. With regards to finding life partners, yes 20 might be too young for some, but it isn't so for everyone. My parents met when Mum was in second year and Dad was in third year and they're still together. Conversely, I've an uncle who wasn't ready to settle down until he was well into his thirties.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be so much negativity about relationships at university which is slightly worrying to me. Ive been with my boyfriend since 14 (will be 5 years together this December) and I always believed that we would make it through uni. We'll be going to different universities so its not like we'd be together 24/7 but he's my best friend as well as my boyfriend and I generally spend quite a large amount of time with him. I really hope uni isnt going to ruin us surely not every university relationship ends up failing?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay(:)
    There seems to be so much negativity about relationships at university which is slightly worrying to me. Ive been with my boyfriend since 14 (will be 5 years together this December) and I always believed that we would make it through uni. We'll be going to different universities so its not like we'd be together 24/7 but he's my best friend as well as my boyfriend and I generally spend quite a large amount of time with him. I really hope uni isnt going to ruin us surely not every university relationship ends up failing?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the distance between each other?

I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdude)
    What's the distance between each other?

I'm sure you'll be fine
    About 30 mins. Both universities in London, but both of us will be living at home and commuting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget why you're there in the first place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.