Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa has more natural talent than any Arsenal player.

Yeah I said it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Dont think Arsenal are top 8 as it stands either, but the delusion from Utd fans on here is actually probably forgiveable given the trauma and coping systems they've most likely had to adopt... :rolleyes:
    I purposely left out United of the top 8 for a reason.

We'll see how they do this season. Seems like they've got a manager who will bring a large amount of jammy wins and unconvincing performances. Add to that no overtime work, we've got our title winners next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I purposely left out United of the top 8 for a reason.

We'll see how they do this season. Seems like they've got a manager who will bring a large amount of jammy wins and unconvincing performances. Add to that no overtime work, we've got our title winners next season.
    They'll be top4 certainly but Van Gaal has had years to work with this Dutch squad whereas he'll have weeks with Utd so it'll take time for them to improve into title contenders.

What's odd though is that Utd fans are in denial about quite a few of their players. The Moyes fiasco was inevitable but him being such a failure meant that they've decided that actually they had a great squad all along. Players like Smalling, Rafael, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Young, Carrick arent going to cut the mustard at all as first team players. Then you have a bit of a nightmare with Rooney of course.

Saying that, Van Gaal is ruthless enough to see this too so he'll make the best of it(Rooney dropped etc), and bring in more quality so they'll make top 4. Esp with no CL naturally. RVP is unlikely to hit 25 games imo either so they might actually struggle up front in a roll reversal from previous years.

Pretty sure Liverpool will finish 5th next season without Suarez, losing him is such a massive blow and Lallana is not going to help. Then youve got CL footie, teams improving against them as they continue to work out counter-tactics and the unlike-hood of zero injuries again.

You can talk about Arsenal too but we'll certainly improve(we'll take more than 6/24 points vs City/Chelsea/Utd/Liverpool I think !) and I dont see us missing out with the kind of point total we'll hit. A title bit is not out of the question either with the right signings, and a reasonable injury list, but obviously nobody expects that.

ReputationRep:
    They'll be top4 certainly but Van Gaal has had years to work with this Dutch squad whereas he'll have weeks with Utd so it'll take time for them to improve into title contenders.

What's odd though is that Utd fans are in denial about quite a few of their players. The Moyes fiasco was inevitable but him being such a failure meant that they've decided that actually they had a great squad all along. Players like Smalling, Rafael, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Young, Carrick arent going to cut the mustard at all as first team players. Then you have a bit of a nightmare with Rooney of course.

Saying that, Van Gaal is ruthless enough to see this too so he'll make the best of it(Rooney dropped etc), and bring in more quality so they'll make top 4. Esp with no CL naturally. RVP is unlikely to hit 25 games imo either so they might actually struggle up front in a roll reversal from previous years.

Pretty sure Liverpool will finish 5th next season without Suarez, losing him is such a massive blow and Lallana is not going to help. Then youve got CL footie, teams improving against them as they continue to work out counter-tactics and the unlike-hood of zero injuries again.

You can talk about Arsenal too but we'll certainly improve(we'll take more than 6/24 points vs City/Chelsea/Utd/Liverpool I think !) and I dont see us missing out with the kind of point total we'll hit. A title bit is not out of the question either with the right signings, and a reasonable injury list, but obviously nobody expects that.
    Agree with this.

United have too many suspects on their team imo and the quicker they realise that Carrick, Smalling etc. aren't good enough players atm the better. Although without europe they'll probably get away with it. Joe Allen looked good last season when he played...

You don't see Arsenal dropping out the top 4. I think Liverpool will make top 4 again though, depends on their replacements. In the summer last year, they looked to replace Suarez with Costa, which would have been a great replacement considering the season he just had, if they replace him with a good forward then it would negate the need for him. Crucial window for them now though.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's level has been and will remain that 65-75 point range.

Arsenal fans pretend like last season was the only time you've had an injury crises. It happens every season, and will again next season, because there is something fundamentally wrong at the club.

Losing Sagna will be a big blow for you imo. Arsenal still need 3 or 4 good/great signings but Sanchez isn't the right one.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if serious.

Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Johnson, Allen, Lucas were all injured for 2 months or more and im pretty sure im forgetting some injuries aswell.

This is the same person that said Arsenal would finish ahead of us last season, even after we spanked you 5-1. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Depends a lot on transfers tbh.

1. Bayern
    2. Real
    3. City
    4. Chelsea
    5. Barca
    6. PSG
    7. Atletico
    8. Juventus

I don't think Juve are that good tbh, but I don't see anyone else worth putting at 8th.

I'm surprised Barca are so high up on people's lists. A few very good players in the attacking third but I think there are teams with a better team & squad.

City edge Chelsea because if Costa gets injured/doesn't perform then we almost have Chelsea of this year (tho that could also depend on Lukaku's status).

I'd put Real above Bayern if they buy Kroos.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What's odd though is that Utd fans are in denial about quite a few of their players. The Moyes fiasco was inevitable but him being such a failure meant that they've decided that actually they had a great squad all along. Players like Smalling, Rafael, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Young, Carrick arent going to cut the mustard at all as first team players.
    I don't know anyone who rates most of those players.

Smalling - Needs a run of games in his proper position, no more filling in at RB
    Rafael - Needs to calm down, and too injury prone.
    Welbeck - Not good enough to start, but decent enough as a squad player. Better backup than what Arsenal have.
    Valencia - Nobody can believe he's been given a new contract
    Nani - Inconsistent, past it
    Young - ****
    Carrick - Seemingly in decline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Depends a lot on transfers tbh.

1. Bayern
    2. Real
    3. City
    4. Chelsea
    5. Barca
    6. PSG
    7. Atletico
    8. Juventus

I don't think Juve are that good tbh, but I don't see anyone else worth putting at 8th.

I'm surprised Barca are so high up on people's lists. A few very good players in the attacking third but I think there are teams with a better team & squad.

City edge Chelsea because if Costa gets injured/doesn't perform then we almost have Chelsea of this year (tho that could also depend on Lukaku's status).

I'd put Real above Bayern if they buy Kroos.
    I think people still see the players Barca have.

They have an amazing midfield still, Rafinha and Rakitic have been added to the squad, as with Suarez, they're lacking in defence though, but they're really a CB or two away from being the Barca of old. I know people have been slating Alves lately but I think he's still a top class attacking RB, Alba has gone under the radar. That's why I think Barca are still in the top 3/4.

I'd fancy my chances vs Barca as a Chelsea fan though, have the perfect squad to beat them. Pace on the wings, work rate in midfield, good defence and power up top with Costa and Lukaku. An anti Barca formation. Although I think big things are destined for them under Enrique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Smalling - Needs a run of games in his proper position, no more filling in at RB
    Welbeck - Not good enough to start, but decent enough as a squad player. Better backup than what Arsenal have.
    Young - ****
    The thing is these players(bar Nani) get way too many games for their actual quality.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The thing is these players(bar Nani) get way too many games for their actual quality.
    I'm not disputing that at all. That's what years of underinvestment does.

Even Arsenal wouldn't have replaced Cristiano Ronaldo with Antonio Valencia :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    GK: United easily
    CBs: Both a bit ****, about the same.
    FBs: Liverpool's weakest point, United's aren't great but still better.
    CMs: Liverpool, Herrera helps but not enough
    CAM: United by miles - 3 top players
    Wingers: Liverpool
    Forwards: Liverpool unless Suarez goes, which he almost certainly is, so United.

United better in 4 areas, Liverpool in 2, 1 too close to call.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    GK: United
    CB: Arsenal
    FB: United
    CM: Arsenal
    CAM: United
    Wingers: Arsenal
    Forwards: United

4-3 m8 umad?
    Let's face it you've suited both of these entirely according to your own agenda and opinion (as a neutral United fan ofc). Certainly some questionable 'decisions' in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Young - ****
    When asked directly about those players, Utd fans will concede their averageness. But when talking in general terms about the quality of the squad, their brain seems to play a trick on them and they cast their mind back to Ferguson, and seem to regard them as solid title winning filler.

ReputationRep:
    This is about top 8 squads in europe. Why are we discussing United's and Liverpool's squad. I'd have made a thread about 10-16 squads in europe if I wanted to include those two.

ReputationRep:
    They have an amazing midfield still, Rafinha and Rakitic have been added to the squad, as with Suarez, they're lacking in defence though, but they're really a CB or two away from being the Barca of old. I know people have been slating Alves lately but I think he's still a top class attacking RB, Alba has gone under the radar. That's why I think Barca are still in the top 3/4.
    I wasn't including him just yet. If you add Suarez in then yeah, their attack becomes the best, I'd say. I'm a bit wary of assuming transfers will definitely do well though; Rakitic and the returning Rafinha (as well as Deulofeu if he ever gets a game) might not necessarily work out. I'll give Suarez the benefit of the doubt though. I'd still say they have to improve their defence, especially CB like you said, they've been crying out for at least one of those for years. Pique has been very hot and cold in recent years. Interesting to see how their new keeper works out also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Let's face it you've suited both of these entirely according to your own agenda and opinion (as a neutral United fan ofc). Certainly some questionable 'decisions' in there.

Which ones?

ReputationRep:
    My squad
    . GK
    KSI's Dad

. ST . Heskey .

ReputationRep:
    Endless blue, MU15 did you read my previous posts. Make a thread on 10th placed-16th placed squads in europe if you want to talk about them so badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    My squad
    . GK
    KSI's Dad

. ST . Heskey .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Arsenal's level has been and will remain that 65-75 point range.

Arsenal fans pretend like last season was the only time you've had an injury crises. It happens every season, and will again next season, because there is something fundamentally wrong at the club.

Losing Sagna will be a big blow for you imo. Arsenal still need 3 or 4 good/great signings but Sanchez isn't the right one.
    We got 79 points after the one summer that we had a settled squad and didn't lose a major player in a while. And that was with a water thin squad and with all the injuries What makes you think that we'll decline from that?

Yes Sagna is a massive loss but let's not pretend that RBs are difficult to replace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.