Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a muslim girl who's fasting. Ask me anything :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Do you binge eat at Iftar?
    Nope, i eat until i'm satisfied not until i feel so full I can't move lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Beacause there's so much evidence that islam is the truth and I know in my heart it is. If it wasn't, I would've left a long time ago
    What evidence is there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Nope, i eat until i'm satisfied not until i feel so full I can't move lol
    I edited my post. Please could you reply to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    And it's not a very subjective question, when so many do it, you can just look at the islam threads and ramadan threads on this forum and you will see many people parading about how much food they'll eat. In my experience literally every Muslim I've talked to have told me they binge eat, not directly but after description of their meal it's evident. I'm not asking about Islam I'm asking about Muslims. Why do they completely avoid the point of ramadan by doing this? What is the point of fasting if they're just going to have essentially the size of two meals in one at Iftar.
    There are millions of muslims. As I said once before, I can't answer your question and please stop putting all muslims in one box. Not everyone binge eats. And ofcourse a person who's been fasting for 10 hours will feel like eating soo much and will say how much they want to eat. For example, I say as a joke I could eat a horse when someone asks how much I want to eat. but once Iftar starts, they don't actually eat much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKian)
    Well you did explain the whole choice thing which I didn't know existed in traditional fasting. (Like when it was first ever done)
    Well we learn new things every day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    And it's not a very subjective question, when so many do it, you can just look at the islam threads and ramadan threads on this forum and you will see many people parading about how much food they'll eat. In my experience literally every Muslim I've talked to have told me they binge eat, not directly but after description of their meal it's evident. I'm not asking about Islam I'm asking about Muslims. Why do they completely avoid the point of ramadan by doing this? What is the point of fasting if they're just going to have essentially the size of two meals in one at Iftar.
    Go ask them, why u gotta ask people about other people eating too much? It's like if someone shoots someone and you asking me why he shot someone.

ReputationRep:
    What did you have for suhor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    Go ask them, why u gotta ask people about other people eating too much? It's like if someone shoots someone and you asking me why he shot someone.
    Why are you so defensive over it. Calm down. The title says "...Ask me anything" So I did. I'm not asking you anything so I don't know what your all up in arms about.

It's nothing like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)
    It will turn into one since you brought up your Islamic practice. With that said...

What's the point of fasting if you go back to do the same things you were doing before the fast?
    lol do you expect us to never eat or drink again? or are you referring to something else other than one of the main things that we abstain from in Ramadan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Why did you include information about your religious views in the thread title then ask people not to talk about religion? That's kinda like saying "I have a massive beard but let's not talk about shaving".

Edit: if you could grow a full beard, would you? :holmes:
    if you read properly, you were asked not to turn this into a 'Religious Debate' not ' do not mention Islam'.
    Understood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)
    That 3 year thread bump though...
    i literally just realised, wow 2014 feels like a decade ago :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.