Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Plenty of studies have looked at the effects of gay parenting where the gay people have had their own natural children through surrogates or artificial insemination or just having sex with someone of the opposite sex purely for the purpose of having a child. This has been going on for years.

No, but if you want to argue that it's wrong, you need a reason.

Thing is, unless the study has been going on for generations, eg seeing how the child grows up in it's 30's,40's and 50's and perhaps even the generation after that, the studies are pretty new. A simple study of "this is how the child is in adolescence" really isn't enough to shed a wide eye on the situation.

Based on what those studies come out with - eg "gay adoption, 2 generations on", I can form an argument if I think it's wrong. At this present moment in time, I believe gay adoption is "not wrong".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    This is hardly the first case of a child being raised on this way - there have been various studies into the effects same-sex parenting has on children etc. I'm not sure why the custody comment is relevant - That would be case by case, surely?
    There is the charade of case by case now but generally the female "wins"..i'll go educated myself on those studies when i have a little more time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissie1)
    So it looks completely normal to you?
    Yes, it does.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the kid doesn't get bullied.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, adorable picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Yes, it does.
    Okay we'll never agree on this so let's end it here

ReputationRep:
    Okay I just want to know from where did that baby come from.

Sure the title should read two dad and one mother???????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who is actual biological father?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    Who is actual biological father?
    Theoretically it could be anyone,just as in a male/female relationship. Im guessing these guys dont want to know.

ReputationRep:
    However, the child is, almost always, (depending on the circumstances of their birth), placed onto the bare chest of their mother. This skin-to-skin contact or so-called 'Kangaroo Care' has moved forwards in popularity in recent times, there's any number of articles related to its benefits online.

Define 'normal couple'? :lolwut:
    adjective
    1. conforming to the standard or the common type

A gay couple is not a normal couple. This is a fact. The issue isn't over normal but over whether this is good. This is not the normal way to raise a child, doesn't mean it can't be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissie1)
    So it looks completely normal to you?
    Nothing involving childbirth and what happens directly after is ever going to look normal.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does.
    Then you're lying. It isn't normal... Good? Yeh probably, the child looks like it'll be brought up in a loving home. Normal? Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    AWW, congratulations to them!! :badger:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    adjective
    1. conforming to the standard or the common type

A gay couple is not a normal couple. This is a fact. The issue isn't over normal but over whether this is good. This is not the normal way to raise a child, doesn't mean it can't be good.
    No two couples are the same, so you could argue that there is no normal couple.
    But really, that would be a slight bit off topic as you're mostly pointing out, as it's irrelevant to whether or not it is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Nothing involving childbirth and what happens directly after is ever going to look normal.
    Lol I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still surprised by how bigoted some people can be.

For those who keep bringing up the issues of God/religion or nature argument or whatsoever, come on!!!

We are now living in 21st century!

ReputationRep:
    Parents eveining are going to be wierd as ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
    1) 'God designed it...'? So now tell me where God is. Tell me that God really exists. It will invalidate your whole argument if you can't even corroborate your main premise.

2) Try to think the other way round. What if your so-called 'God' (assuming God does exist) now designs a world with gay couples being the 'normal' couples and hetero ones the outcast, would you then change your stance? Do you believe things in life purely based on God's teachings?

3) No offence should be taken. God designed me to rebut your argument after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Ikr, the kid will be one of the few to have two parents there among the droves of single parents. So weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    :lol:
    (Original post by thenumber2goose)
    Ikr, the kid will be one of the few to have two parents there among the droves of single parents. So weird.
    :rofl:

That's too funny man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.