Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Motorbiker, Ask Me Anything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_3008)
    Hmmm... I think that'll be enough then, ahah

Woo, 9th Gem, well done
    I've been 40 or so off my 6th for about a week now :cry2:
    I've found the best thing is when people share it in other areas where they post and quote in their friends. That had a high success rate.

Also, realised when looking at the members lists that I'm just off the front page for people when sorted by rep. Last time I checked I wag on like the fifth page. Lol.

Ya but you're up to almost six in no time. Think I got my eighth over a year ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I've found the best thing is when people share it in other areas where they post and quote in their friends. That had a high success rate.

Also, realised when looking at the members lists that I'm just off the front page for people when sorted by rep. Last time I checked I wag on like the fifth page. Lol.

Ya but you're up to almost six in no time. Think I got my eighth over a year ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are reminders cards?
    Do they contribute?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Are reminders cards?
    Do they contribute?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No reminders are not a card. They're a reminder. Similar to Alerts under the old system.

They eventually contribute but only if you get 5 in quick succession and even then they only give you one yellow card of which you need to get 3 to get a temp ban.

The aim is after a reminder you will realise theres a rule on that and not break it again future,

ReputationRep:
    Quick Intro.

• Mod for 3 years.
    • Graduating next week with a first.
    • Am doing temp work with TSR atm in their HQ in Brighton.
    • Am currently the leader of the welcome Squad.
    • I lift, 180/110/200 @81.9kg and strongman comps.
    • I'm currently running 3 different TSR competitions all with prizes funded by TSR.

I'm bored , ask me anything. Aiming to hit 1/10th of what Vlad got and i'll be happy.
    damn sounds successful! what race are you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    damn sounds successful! what race are you
    White, Born inGB (Jersey, Channel Islands), Grew up in England.

How long is "quick succession"?

A month?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quick succession is a time we've determined that means you should have realised to stop breaking those rules.

the rules are there for a reason. We want this to be a nice friendly place. We're all people on the mod team just wanting TSR to be a nicer place.

ReputationRep:
    do you have siblings? any of them lift?

what was your first ever lifting routine, and what about the successive routines after that?

how do you gain so much strength but still stay so light? i don't think you've gained much weight over the last year or so?

have you ever done a long 'cut'? i.e a few months long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    do you have siblings? any of them lift?
    One brother. He used to lift. Started at the same time as me but not as consistent. He competed in powerlifting twice. Think he got something like 150/90/200 @90kg.

He came on TSR and made a log because i told him to.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1569862

what was your first ever lifting routine, and what about the successive routines after that?
    Starting Strength, Did that for 6 months, then 3 months travelling, then SS again. I ventured into Madcows/Texas method afterwards and now do my own thing which is similar to both texas method/madcows.

My TSR fitness log has literally every lifting session i've ever done in my life.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1510750

From my first SS session with benching 30kg onwards.

how do you gain so much strength but still stay so light? i don't think you've gained much weight over the last year or so?
    Think i've gained a few kg but not much. Have lost a small amount of bodyfat at the same time. A Body recomp as it's known. Eating around maintanence and gain muscle/lose fat. It's very slow but i'm not a fan of getting fat.

I've only put on about 40kg on my powerlifitng total so not great but my storngman performance is a lot more aweosme,. e.g gone from 60kg log for 8 to 70kg log for 9, both in 60 seconds.

have you ever done a long 'cut'? i.e a few months long
    Yes. Urm, Beginning of 2012 i think in my log. Actually joined the first TSR transformation comp , logged there then merged it at the end of the comp. I did not win but there are before/after pics and everything if you can be bothered to look.

ReputationRep:
    One brother. He used to lift. Started at the same time as me but not as consistent. He competed in powerlifting twice. Think he got something like 150/90/200 @90kg.

He came on TSR and made a log because i told him to.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1569862

Starting Strength, Did that for 6 months, then 3 months travelling, then SS again. I ventured into Madcows/Texas method afterwards and now do my own thing which is similar to both texas method/madcows.

My TSR fitness log has literally every lifting session i've ever done in my life.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1510750

From my first SS session with benching 30kg onwards.

Think i've gained a few kg but not much. Have lost a small amount of bodyfat at the same time. A Body recomp as it's known. Eating around maintanence and gain muscle/lose fat. It's very slow but i'm not a fan of getting fat.

I've only put on about 40kg on my powerlifitng total so not great but my storngman performance is a lot more aweosme,. e.g gone from 60kg log for 8 to 70kg log for 9, both in 60 seconds.

Yes. Urm, Beginning of 2012 i think in my log. Actually joined the first TSR transformation comp , logged there then merged it at the end of the comp. I did not win but there are before/after pics and everything if you can be bothered to look.
    very interesting. will take a look at your transformation comp and bro's log.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    very interesting. will take a look at your transformation comp and bro's log.

Thanks, Stalk his other posts. He tried coming back again and did like 3 sessions then gave up. He's also done other lifting but didn't like logging them. He's done a 180*3 deadlift at xmas having done no deadlifts for like 6 months and he made it look easy as well.

Do you like bacon?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Maid Marian)
      Do you like bacon?
      Bacon is alright but i don't LOVE it anymore because i once ate a full 680gram pack of cooking bacon which was around 60grams of salt and was dehydrated and felt crap for like a week after.

For reference 6 grams it the recommended max amount you should consume in a day and i had ten times that in one meal.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Please don't discuss moderation here - if you have suggestions: make a thread in News, Help and Feedback. If you have a complaint, take it to AAM.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
      Please don't discuss moderation here - if you have suggestions: make a thread in News, Help and Feedback. If you have a complaint, take it to AAM.
      I wasn't informed by Motorbike, so I had no idea.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      My bad. It started as just answering one small question then kinda escalated.

ReputationRep:
      Mate, why did you delete my post? You could have at least moved it to this place, you are talking about? :facepalm:

Never mind.
      Posted from TSR Mobile
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Mate, why did you delete my post? You could have at least moved it to this place, you are talking about? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I did move it.

ReputationRep:
      I did move it.
      Fair enough, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I saw your vid pulling a truck! My Lord that's exhilarating to watch! :eek:

BTW, Pusheen is still awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kka25)
      I saw your vid pulling a truck! My Lord that's exhilarating to watch! :eek:

BTW, Pusheen is still awesome :cool:

Thanks. It's pretty good fun tbh.

Pusheen is always awesome.
      • Study Helper
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Bacon is alright but i don't LOVE it anymore because i once ate a full 680gram pack of cooking bacon which was around 60grams of salt and was dehydrated and felt crap for like a week after.

For reference 6 grams it the recommended max amount you should consume in a day and i had ten times that in one meal.
      That's as much as I usually have. As long as you balance it out with water you're OK.

What's tsr towers like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.