Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    Nooo :eek: don't drive to her house unannounced I agree with you when you say it would not work. Are there any friends of hers that could give you her mobile number. I think if she can hear your voice it might be more meaningful than just sending facebook messages in which you can't really interpret the tone of anything.

Do you think that could work. If you spoke to her on the phone do you think she would be willing to meet up for a talk?

I don't know how she'd react to be perfectly honest with you ... But since it's been 10 months, maybe her reaction will favour me?

That's all providing she isn't taken - which I'm 70% sure she isn't.

If all things go my though, and I'd like it if you tell me this is good, I'd like to take her out for a coffee so we can have a long, honest talk about what we'd like ... if all things go well, and I've noticed a change, then I might consider getting back with her, but other than that, if it's the same story as last time I might just go in for the lay, just once, and leave it at that ... I know it's cruel, but I'm a man.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Can you help me with this situation ? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2730076

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingzebra)
    Definitely jam. You can't beat an original
    indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaddieG)
    Is it weird for a girl to make a move on a guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Traditionally, it's usually the guy to make a move on the girl.

However, its 2014 and there's nothing wrong if we shake things up a little

If the girl is confident and the concept of potentially being rejected by the guy does not phase her then then to be honest I think she should just go for it because there are some guys out there that are just soo shy. No matter how much they like the girl they would never make the first move so the girl is forced to be the 'man' and 'encourage him'

Personally I could not do it because of the whole 'potentially being rejected' thing. I'd much prefer for him to say if he liked me or not rather than me trying to make the first move/ initiate things. If the girl is confident, sure the guy likes her back as isn't put off by this 'potentially being rejected' thing then I'd say no it's not weird. Someone's got to make the first step and we can't always rely on the guy to do it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    I don't know how she'd react to be perfectly honest with you ... But since it's been 10 months, maybe her reaction will favour me?

That's all providing she isn't taken - which I'm 70% sure she isn't.

If all things go my though, and I'd like it if you tell me this is good, I'd like to take her out for a coffee so we can have a long, honest talk about what we'd like ... if all things go well, and I've noticed a change, then I might consider getting back with her, but other than that, if it's the same story as last time I might just go in for the lay, just once, and leave it at that ... I know it's cruel, but I'm a man.
    Hmm that is the thing its so hard to say. It seems as if you still like her though and if you don't do it I feel you will reget it that is why I say you should at least try.

I think the best thing would be to ring her. when you do you've got to control yourself though don't blurt it all out. Try and sort of say your just wondering how she is since you haven't spoken for so long and try to find out as quickly as possible but not in a creepy way if she is with someone. Straight away that will show you the next step e.g. if shes with someone you know you can't pursue it any further. When you speak to her it's important to try and find this out though because you don't want to come out with everything and ask her to meet for her to only say "Sorry but I've with someone else now"

What you have proposed sounds good to me. Everything going according to plan, you speak on the phone, arrange to meetm, go for coffee and see how things go from there.

Bear in mind though in reality it might not be as smooth as that so try to plan for the worst and maybe try to rehearse a bit before hand what you are going to say when you ring her. I'm not sure if you know her timetable but it would be good if you could ring at a time when you know she will be at home and not work/ around all these friends that don't like you but I appreciate it's quite hard to do that especially when you've been out of contact for so long.

If you are struggling to get the number maybe you could speak to her on facebook and not say anything and then on facebook ask for her number and say you just want to talk. Also check her facebook if her status is single and there is nothing up there to do with a guy/ bf it would seem she could be single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Need Help 2)
    Can you help me with this situation ? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2730076
    Yeah sure it looks long though so I;ll just check out the thread first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    That's the nicest answer I've ever had for my question.

Next question, how do you approach a partner if their snoring gets quite bad? A friend asked me this and my usual solution wouldn't work for an early relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

I'd say probably buy something from them. There's not point bringing it up if one cannot offer a solution. "Oh babe your snoring gets quite bad" Partner: Errmmm okay but well I've got to sleep :rofl:

So it's best if they can be all like "Oh babe I've noticed your snoring gets quite bad at night, I went to the pharmacy/ (wherever they sell these contraptions) and I bought this. It has a lot of positive reviews and I feel it would definitely help with your snoring why not give it a try. you know I don't mind the snoring but its the neighbours I worry about as it does get quite loud *hands over the thing that stops snoring* hahaha :rofl:

or if the partner is really sensitive maybe just buying them something and then throwing in the snoring device as well. Ohh I got these on offer and thought they might come in handy since you are a 'little bit' of a snorer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I'd say probably buy something from them. There's not point bringing it up if one cannot offer a solution. "Oh babe your snoring gets quite bad" Partner: Errmmm okay but well I've got to sleep :rofl:

So it's best if they can be all like "Oh babe I've noticed your snoring gets quite bad at night, I went to the pharmacy/ (wherever they sell these contraptions) and I bought this. It has a lot of positive reviews and I feel it would definitely help with your snoring why not give it a try. you know I don't mind the snoring but its the neighbours I worry about as it does get quite loud *hands over the thing that stops snoring* hahaha :rofl:

or if the partner is really sensitive maybe just buying them something and then throwing in the snoring device as well. Ohh I got these on offer and thought they might come in handy since you are a 'little bit' of a snorer :rolleyes:
    Awesome. Better than my solution of waking them up by any means necessary. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi CasualSoul! So, I wonder how to make someone tell me their feelings? I told him I like him, he said the same, we hang out a lot, but nothing romantic ever happens. It's like we're in a grey area btw friendship and relationship, but no one wants to break the ice. Please help? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Need Help 2)
    Oh gosh mate, I see why you're confused

ermmm do you think she might be worried that she cannot commit.

From some of her behavior one might think "hmm does she really like this guy". However, the fact that she kissed you afterwards and then spent so long messaging you at every opportunity about how much she enjoyed the date and enjoyed seeing you shows she definitely likes you. I mean you wouldn't kiss someone and spend so much time afterwards talking to them if you did not like them.

I feel her issue is that she is worried about the commitment side of things, since the relationship would be a long distance one. I know you say 'one day surely is not too much hassle' but remember that there would be a lot of other things going on e.g. with work she would be rally tired afterwards and then with the travelling its not just 3 hours but its 3 hours there and 3 hours back and she would want to fit in time with her friends as they would have known her for longer, then she might have other commitments with school/hobbies etc There is part of me that thinks she is just getting a bit worried about whether she would actually be able to commit to the whole long distance thing, now that she has established that she does like you.

If I were you I would talk to her about the whole concept long distance and asks if she feels it is a problem. From what you've written I would say that is the issue.

The thing is it is just weird how she behaves afterwards e.g. I don't understand why she says she cannot see you for the next two months....two-four weeks I would understand but why two months? I feel there maybe something more to the story because if she has had a good time with you, which it is clear she has, from how she is behaving I don't understand why she would avoid seeing you for two months. All I can think of is a) she is genuinely busy doing other stuff and this is the only time she is free b) there is something that she is not telling you e.g. maybe she is going on holiday or there is something else that she is not mentioning' e.g. maybe she has just got out of a relationship and feels she needs time to get over it..I can't say for certain though

I would say you just need to talk to her to try and find out why despite having such an awesome time and the two of you getting a long so well and even kissing she is avoiding seeing you again.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm that is the thing its so hard to say. It seems as if you still like her though and if you don't do it I feel you will reget it that is why I say you should at least try.

I think the best thing would be to ring her. when you do you've got to control yourself though don't blurt it all out. Try and sort of say your just wondering how she is since you haven't spoken for so long and try to find out as quickly as possible but not in a creepy way if she is with someone. Straight away that will show you the next step e.g. if shes with someone you know you can't pursue it any further. When you speak to her it's important to try and find this out though because you don't want to come out with everything and ask her to meet for her to only say "Sorry but I've with someone else now"

What you have proposed sounds good to me. Everything going according to plan, you speak on the phone, arrange to meetm, go for coffee and see how things go from there.

Bear in mind though in reality it might not be as smooth as that so try to plan for the worst and maybe try to rehearse a bit before hand what you are going to say when you ring her. I'm not sure if you know her timetable but it would be good if you could ring at a time when you know she will be at home and not work/ around all these friends that don't like you but I appreciate it's quite hard to do that especially when you've been out of contact for so long.

If you are struggling to get the number maybe you could speak to her on facebook and not say anything and then on facebook ask for her number and say you just want to talk. Also check her facebook if her status is single and there is nothing up there to do with a guy/ bf it would seem she could be single.

She blocked me on FB, so again, there's no way I can contact her through that unless, and only if, we somehow talk on the phone and get things onto the talking stage :/

It might have to wait until her friend, or a different friend, tries again.

I'll let you know what happens.

ReputationRep:
    She blocked me on FB, so again, there's no way I can contact her through that unless, and only if, we somehow talk on the phone and get things onto the talking stage :/

It might have to wait until her friend, or a different friend, tries again.

I'll let you know what happens.
    Last questions

When you say she blocked you on facebook, that was a few months ago right and not recently? And was it your fault that she blocked you e..g did you say anything to her or did she just do it as a means of cutting contact?

ReputationRep:
    This is the most notifications I've had since tsr introduced that notifications bar :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Awesome. Better than my solution of waking them up by any means necessary. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hehe glad I could help :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Last questions

When you say she blocked you on facebook, that was a few months ago right and not recently? And was it your fault that she blocked you e..g did you say anything to her or did she just do it as a means of cutting contact?
    1) She blocked me, quite randomly too in fact, 4-6 months after the break up, so quite a while back yes.

2) I didn't do or say anything per se ... but I was stalking her a bit , but I don't think she knew of it.

ReputationRep:
    1) She blocked me, quite randomly too in fact, 4-6 months after the break up, so quite a while back yes.

2) I didn't do or say anything per se ... but I was stalking her a bit , but I don't think she knew of it.
    LOOOOL well considering it was a few months ago I think she will be willing to hear you out since the both of you have had space and things won't be as tense as when you first broke up.

Definitely let me know how it goes. Hopefully things will go to plan :moon:

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL well considering it was a few months ago I think she will be willing to hear you out since the both of you have had space and things won't be as tense as when you first broke up.

Definitely let me know how it goes. Hopefully things will go to plan :moon:
    Yeah, surely the tension has gone by now ... have a good night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Yes, of coarse! I will buy you some pop tarts and you could pay for it

And i suggest you to dip your pop tarts inside a bottle of tomato sauce. Chocolates and Jams are so outdated nowadays. Did you see that woman who ate chocolates a few weeks back? She turned into a unicorn.

I have a phobia of ketchup. This conversation is officially over.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, surely the tension has gone by now ... have a good night!
    Goodnight mate

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh mate, I see why you're confused

ermmm do you think she might be worried that she cannot commit.

From some of her behavior one might think "hmm does she really like this guy". However, the fact that she kissed you afterwards and then spent so long messaging you at every opportunity about how much she enjoyed the date and enjoyed seeing you shows she definitely likes you. I mean you wouldn't kiss someone and spend so much time afterwards talking to them if you did not like them.

I feel her issue is that she is worried about the commitment side of things, since the relationship would be a long distance one. I know you say 'one day surely is not too much hassle' but remember that there would be a lot of other things going on e.g. with work she would be rally tired afterwards and then with the travelling its not just 3 hours but its 3 hours there and 3 hours back and she would want to fit in time with her friends as they would have known her for longer, then she might have other commitments with school/hobbies etc There is part of me that thinks she is just getting a bit worried about whether she would actually be able to commit to the whole long distance thing, now that she has established that she does like you.

If I were you I would talk to her about the whole concept long distance and asks if she feels it is a problem. From what you've written I would say that is the issue.

The thing is it is just weird how she behaves afterwards e.g. I don't understand why she says she cannot see you for the next two months....two-four weeks I would understand but why two months? I feel there maybe something more to the story because if she has had a good time with you, which it is clear she has, from how she is behaving I don't understand why she would avoid seeing you for two months. All I can think of is a) she is genuinely busy doing other stuff and this is the only time she is free b) there is something that she is not telling you e.g. maybe she is going on holiday or there is something else that she is not mentioning' e.g. maybe she has just got out of a relationship and feels she needs time to get over it..I can't say for certain though

I would say you just need to talk to her to try and find out why despite having such an awesome time and the two of you getting a long so well and even kissing she is avoiding seeing you again.
    Thanks for the detailed reply, you lovely person
    The whole relationship is kind of a weird one, we both had the idea that we will never properly be together drilled into our minds from the start.
    The whole point of meeting was to spend our time together before we go our separate ways (I go to uni in 2 months, funny that..) (should have mentioned that in the post sorry ) just to have some fun and see what a relationship would have been like.

I feel like a **** for saying this, but since she has effectively ruled out the chance of us ever meeting again, I think I should stop talking to her altogether. She still wants to message constantly, even though it is clear we wont meet again, which is weird imo.
    I just want to understand the reason why she is being like this. I really dont want to stop talking to her as I have developed feelings for her and I will miss her loads, so Im in a **** position right now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.