Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do Japanese/ Korean girls like Indian/ Pakistan/ Bangladesh guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Table dust)
    mate I'm not here to give you dating advice lol

put yourself in the shoes of a Korean/Chinese/Japanese foreign student, how would you want to be approached by some random person? they're only human, but you must understand the context of the society of they were brought up in and their circumstances whilst being in a foreign country

and I haven't even mentioned the language barrier
    lool true say I meant the ones here And how else do you talk to them then :lol: Give me a scenario and what to say, c'mon everyone has dating advice

ReputationRep:
    First off Kumon, anyone can love anyone. Percentage of probability will always vary from case to case depending on so many factors such as, physical appearance and preferences, culture, language, religion, socio-economic status, among the biggest ones and about 1,000 more smaller details that I can't afford the time to jot down.

Second Kumon, the fact that you are asking this question in such a specific manner for ONLY Japanese/Korean girls indicates that you are racial profiling as you don't actually know any japanese/korean but you are assuming or stereotyping that all of them are going to be what you described as, sweet, caring, honest, etc.

Why couldn't black girls or indian girls or hispanic girls be sweet caring and honest? It's very dangerous scope you are looking through by boxing in a race or ethnic group based on limited understanding and experience with them other than perhaps having been addicted to Japanese anime or these days, Kpop and Kdramas where men can oogle at korean girls and assume that's how korean girls really are.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with you preferring Japanese/Korean girls over other girls, even your own Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi girls. But then you need to understand that conversely, it is ALSO OKAY for those Japanese/Korean girls to NOT prefer you, too.

Why is it only okay for you to prefer them and then expect that they should accept you willingly, else be called racist or xenophobic? It goes both ways. If you are singling out wanting only Japanese/Korean girls, then that makes you a racist and narrow-minded person for preferring not to be with black or brown girls.

Clearly you have something called, "yellow fever". You are addicted to and have a fetish for this very specific type of look, and love them even before you even know who they are. Try to broaden your horizons and look to the 300 countries full of women who could just as easily be as sweet and caring and innocent.

Now onto the reason why we don't see as many South Asian men with East Asian girls. For the most part, you have to remember that South Asia has been a pretty underdeveloped and poor region of the world while places like Japan and Korea have industrialized and become a first world nation. Now all of a sudden, tons of migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh apply to work in Korea or Japan or Hong Kong etc., and they are poor, generally uneducated, uncultured, dirty, shabby, desperate men who are willing to work any kind of job. Think about how that would appear to these women. You think that just because it's the 21st century, that when a high class korean or jap girl is going to want to date a South asian migrant worker? That's like 1 in 1000 chance. Of course, there are high skilled south asian workers and professionals who are also out there, and quite good looking and fair complexion, and tall....so they have a better chance of being with one of those girls.

It's not so much just a race thing or color of the skin. You have to understand it's hugely a socio-economic thing. If you are well spoken in english, or in their language, have a good job, good financial and respectable standing in society, as shallow as it may seem, that's the reality, and only then your chances will increase. But if you are the migrant type class of south asians, you almost have ZERO chance of getting with a Jap/Korean girl unless one of them also has a fetish for dark skinned foreigners and just wants you for the same reason you want them....a fetish and eroticism based on appearances.

I want to remind everyone also that there is a reason why darker skin colored people were looked down upon for centuries. It's not because it's a black and white thing. It's because darker skinned symbolized a LOWER CLASS of people. You were someone who had to work outside in the hot sun all day and labor with low pay, that's why you have darker skin. That's how the Europeans also classed their citizens ....lighter skin symbolized higher class and economically well off as they don't have to work outside but can hire labor to do the DDD jobs for them, hence the darker skin of those workers. So the color is not a RACIAL THING but it's a symbolic thing of socio-economic class. It's been ingrained in all humanity for thousands of years and we're just starting to come out of it now in the last 50 years or less as dark skinned men and women are now also rich, powerful, famous, and do not need to labor and work but can stay indoors and just hire other people to do the DDD jobs for them.

Remember, it's a NEW THING. It was pretty much unheard of for dark skinned people to be HIGH CLASS only 50 years ago. But for 10,000 years of recorded human history, darker skin tone was always a LOWER CLASS people. So as lighter skinned person, you'd never want to marry a darker skinned person.

Try not to make everything about race please. We know that the race card is often over used or misused for people who just want to get what they want because they couldn't do it the right way so they have to resort to black mailing someone or a people group of being racist for not wanting to make love with you.

ReputationRep:
    It appears that this post is mostly replied by South Asians so as the Chinese in a relationship with a Pakistani I can tell you it is possible. That said we are also Canadians and I really identify myself more as Chinese-Canadian-British (went to British school long enough).

There are def. differences but with understanding and openness you can work out. Even some Hong Kong Chinese don't see me as local so that doesn't apply to South Asians alone. It is unfortunate that in Hong Kong or China, South Asians are either the corporate bankers or lawyers, or construction workers so I believe that is where misunderstandings come in. With China parental figures are more concerned if Chinese traditions are lost, or how kids will look like. (My Chinese-Indian friends looks awesome actually, one is more Chinese and the other more Indian so anyone in that situation I have evidence lol)

Between ourselves we have the perks of both sides. Significant other knows his Korean drama, picks up Chinese and now pokes fun at me, I do know my limited Bolly/Lollywood and cricket world cup. So yes it can work out, but it also involves a lot of openness and hard work on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    I am a korean male and it's down to the individual of you have confidence it really doesn't matter how you look it's all about how you carry yourself I have been with English Romanian Russian Chinese Japanese and korean and the lesson I've learnt is women may be attracted to looks at first as the same for men ( me included ) but that's one night stands if you wanna date someone don't go hey baby wanna come back to my place? As soon as you see them unless you are gods gift to the world it's not happening... let them get to know you. with confidence ( but not too cocky) and a bit of sauve you can get anyone to be yours so look beyond the racial barrier as it's down to the individual and tbh like dilzo999 said it is a ***king stupid question bro

ReputationRep:
    I'm Japanese. Honestly, there aren't a lot of Indian and Pakistani guys in Japan, so not a lot girls have a set idea of stereotypes/opinions like they do with some nationalities. Honestly though, if you meet beauty standards (long face, big eyes, defined jaw), you should be fine. Tan skin isn't a death sentence-there are a LOT of Japanese celebrities with darker skin.

Oh, I almost forgot. There's a really popular half-Pakistani, half-Japanese model/variety talent in Japan. Her name is Rola. She's super cool.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Looking back at this and in uni now i'm cringing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    I don't understand threads like these lol, How can you not like a whole race of people? There are beautiful people in each race.

This is Asian:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...61_306x423.jpg

This is Asian as well:

http://beautyfemale.com/wp-content/u...en-Tips-16.jpg

This is African:

http://images.boomsbeat.com/data/ima...ihanna-jpg.jpg

This is African as well:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...lack_women.jpg

This is South Asian:

http://www.epiccarnage.com/wp-conten...ndian-Girl.jpg

This is South Asian as well:

http://cache.pakistantoday.com.pk/Sonam.jpg

This is White:

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Bri...ebbf3a93d.jpeg

This is White as well:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...retty-Girl.jpg
    Without taking it seriously i Find it funny how you write ,asian,asian, african ,south Asian and white . It's as if white does not belong in any particularly country and in a sense you are right lol

ReputationRep:
    arvy, so true! However, I must admit that despite Asian and South Asian having similar values/upbringings (big families, huge cultural celebrations), there are cultural differences that parties need to learn to make it work. It really takes a lot of open communication from both parties.

ReputationRep:
    Not unless youre rich/a great person

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinec366)
    arvy, so true! However, I must admit that despite Asian and South Asian having similar values/upbringings (big families, huge cultural celebrations), there are cultural differences that parties need to learn to make it work. It really takes a lot of open communication from both parties.
    Yeah you are right lol just funny isnt it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    Oh, I almost forgot. There's a really popular half-Pakistani, half-Japanese model/variety talent in Japan. Her name is Rola. She's super cool.
    Rola is half-Japanese and half-Bangladeshi (not half-Pakistani), and so is Aive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scerberos)
    Rola is half-Japanese and half-Bangladeshi (not half-Pakistani), and so is Aive.
    My bad. But anyways, both share South Asian ancestry.

ReputationRep:
    You better ask one lol

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is not up to the face color or from where you are, it is all about who you are and what is the special about u.

ReputationRep:
    Japani People are the most Polite Poeple of Earth i Spend 6 months there, and the People are Amazing and very polite there

(Original post by AnharM)
      A friend of mine is Bangladeshi, and his ex was Chinese/Japanese/Korean. He's really, really fair for a Bangladeshi though. He really digs those East Asian girls. Another friend of mine, her sister is married to a Japanese guy. So yeah, interracial relationships between South Asians and East Asians do happen.
      loool is he good-looking? hook me up

ReputationRep:
      This is so not fair to clump all these ethnicities together as each have their own identities. Come on this question is very offensive to some people.

(Original post by kurofune)
      I'm Japanese. Honestly, there aren't a lot of Indian and Pakistani guys in Japan, so not a lot girls have a set idea of stereotypes/opinions like they do with some nationalities. Honestly though, if you meet beauty standards (long face, big eyes, defined jaw), you should be fine. Tan skin isn't a death sentence-there are a LOT of Japanese celebrities with darker skin.

I find this quite offensive that the original poster has clumped all three races together. I can tell you this that most Pakistanis look different to Indians and Bangladesh people. This post is so not fair at all. Also a lot of Pakistanis don't really fail in 'real life' when it comes to women. It's just online everything is so twisted and lied about and stereo types like this post with replies. But in real life that's not the case you don't see these replies as the evidence is in front of the face.

(Original post by kumon)
      I'm not creating a racist thread, any racist views will be reported so please keep this civil.
      What I am asking is a serious question that is on many peoples minds.

I hear a lot about Pakistani, Indian, Bengali males liking east Asian girls like Japanese and Korean girls.The reason may be because they like their facial structure of their slimmer faces and their eye shape.
      Firstly I wonder why this is, can any one help answer?

Secondly, I hardly ever hear of Japanese or Korean girls liking Indian or Bengali or Pakistani guys at all, why is this, is it genetics, but if it is gentics then why do indians/bengalis/pakistans like them but not the other way round? Or is it tradition or what??

Thirdly my question is are there Japanese or Korean girls on tsr that buck the trend and do like them?

Why are you doing this? You're most likely Indian or Bengali and are trying to clump all Pakistanis with you when it comes to matters like this. Why do Indians and Bengalis tend to abuse us. But when it comes to matters about 'looks'. You all of a sudden want to group us together just to take the heat of your own people. Be proud of who you are. Not all Pakistanis look the same as Indians. In fact go and ask the majority of students abroad in the uk and they'll tell you that most of them are distinguishable with a few exceptions. Also most Pakistanis in the uk are from 5% of an area of Pakistan I,e Punjab/Mirpur. Imagine if more from other areas migrated from are from other areas eg far western, southern and northern borders with everything else in between then it'll be even more unfair to clump Indian and Bengalis together. Come on I find this really offensive. It's like another set of people hijacking ones rights by distorting their image in other people's minds. Then again this is online and a lot of people online seem to be ignorant however in real life these people including yourself never show. But those who know, know.

(Original post by Kutta)
      Ahh

But there cannot be a straight forward answer:

This guy is Pakistani, I doubt many girls would turn him down:

http://imedia.tv.com.pk/tvb/galery_c...i_Image_22.jpg

And this guy is Pakistani:

http://i.imgur.com/xUVPf.jpg

Both are Pakistani, most Chinese/Japanese girls would date the first one and not the second one. As I said earlier, most girls/guys would date whoever they find attractive regardless of race But nevertheless continue with your thread
      I agree with you. It's like online a lot of people are living false lives behind their computers. All the stereo types are in place because of other people infiltrating other peoples minds and distorting the image of another people either about how they look or what religion they are etc. But similar to your point about if a girl finds someone attract then she does, this is my point about real life, what's in front of u is in front and can not be argued which links to my point that Pakistanis when in front of you (most of them) have their own image in other people's eyes when compared to how Indians look, and we aren't as insecure in reality as the evidence in in front of people's faces. However like I mentioned online it's a different case and people are ignorant at times

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.