Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schadenfreude65)
    Congratulations. Nice to finally have it in black and white, isn't it?
    Thank you it is nice to finally have it.

I just need to get my GCSE maths result out of the way before I start panicking! It is going to be chaotic regardless of my result because I have not had any time to plan ahead. I cannot agree to do any voluntary work or visit friends and family until I know what is happing in September.

ReputationRep:
    Got my certificates on Thursday 57 distinctions and 3 level 2 passes. Which was the best I could get. So I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schadenfreude65)
    Congratulations. Nice to finally have it in black and white, isn't it?
    So much so! Where did you decide to go in the end?

ReputationRep:
    I got 36 distinction, 21 merit and 3 pass for humanities (history, literature and law). Had my place confirmed and am off to do History at UCL.

My college did screw up a little as we did a unit for study skills which is now classified in the GCSE equivalence section so was left off our diploma. Fortunately it made no difference as I had exceeded my offer. Also took ages to get the certificate and UCL wouldn't accept the moderators rest transcript. Still, all sorted in the end and I can prepare for the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeymom)
    So much so! Where did you decide to go in the end?
    I'm going to Royal Holloway. It's a long drive, but it was head and shoulders above my other choices in all other respects, so I'm pretty happy about it. How about you? Southampton wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I finally worked out yesterday evening that I was supposed to phone up the College admissions to pass on my GCSE maths result. I phoned them up at about 9.00am this morning. Admissions did not make the decision themselves. They phoned up the tutors of my course and then they had a quick discussion before phoning me up a few minuets ago.

I am really excited to say that I have been ACCEPTED! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    51 Distinctions and 9 Merits, I'm proud of my results although it seems like everyone here got 60 Distinction credits

Now I'm off to the University of York to study History

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to you both. Exciting times ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I ended up with 43 distinctions and 14 merits along with 3 credits at Level 2 ICT and have been accepted to Oxford Brookes to study history. So happy

Congratulations to everyone on their results

ReputationRep:
    58 distinctions and 2 merits in psychology, law and English language. Now I'm off to study international relations and South Asian studies at SOAS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.