The Student Room Group

I work in the City, ask me nothing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
How do you get SVPs to talk to you, I don't doubt that you do it but do they make contact with you reguarly or do you have to initiate it.

Also how were you so motivated at such a young age to do all that experience?

I trick the analysts into making them speak to me :wink: and then I forget about the analyst completely and direct questions to the SVP until I get their contact details. Last one took about an hour, I can't even remember what we were discussing, he just came out with a lot of mathematical terms which I was trying to make sense off whilst he was speaking.

Because my friends wanted to do medicine when we were at AS level and they got experience at hospitals and charities. I felt like a knob sitting at home doing nothing, so I made it my mission this year to get into one of those competitive pre-uni insight events. I guess I just far exceeded my expectations as I have been admitted into quite a few.. so I suppose it was mainly luck really?
Nothing?
Reply 102
est-ce que tu aimes lécher ta mère's vagin????
When did you first know you wanted to work in IB?
Ideally, how will you spend your retirement?
What's your favourite colour?
:biggrin:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I trick the analysts into making them speak to me :wink: and then I forget about the analyst completely and direct questions to the SVP until I get their contact details. Last one took about an hour, I can't even remember what we were discussing, he just came out with a lot of mathematical terms which I was trying to make sense off whilst he was speaking.

Because my friends wanted to do medicine when we were at AS level and they got experience at hospitals and charities. I felt like a knob sitting at home doing nothing, so I made it my mission this year to get into one of those competitive pre-uni insight events. I guess I just far exceeded my expectations as I have been admitted into quite a few.. so I suppose it was mainly luck really?

ingenious. I doubt it its much more that. You have got your head screwed on and are definitely going the right way about your career, I respect you brah.

And also what are you other interest apart from academia and your career?
ingenious. I doubt it its much more that. You have got your head screwed on and are definitely going the right way about your career, I respect you brah.

And also what are you other interest apart from academia and your career?

Thank you.

Blackops 2 :biggrin:
CW seems like a more professional environment with the high-rise glass buildings. It just seems so futuristic and clean in comparison to the gritty streets of London lol.

Your terminology exceeds my understanding. One thing which is pretty annoying is that like 1/3 employees are french and they tend to communicate in french with each other and I haven't a clue what they're discussing.

After work, I'm usually too tired to do anything so I go home and sleep to get ready for the next day. Hopefully in time I'll get used to it.

Haven't heard about paleo or cross fit, until today. They mainly just discuss work and the world cup. We saw the passing of the tour de france yesterday from our office building though. I swear these guys left work for 30 minutes to camp at the windows and the bikes went past in about 7 seconds :lol:

That's great. Certainly advise on doing so.. they love the girls. Diversity/Women inclusion and that.

It dies hard after hours though, and a nightmare to get back from in a taxi early morning too compared to the City (unless you live in East London).

Sorry, Defense is just the Parisian financial district, odds are that's where your place's HQ will be and where many of your office will have worked pre-Hollande.

Yeah, that or you start to like/tolerate coffee.

Lucky you, all my mates who have previously shown zero interest in fitness are wanging weights round warehouses with appalling form, then posting about it on Facebook, office was the same when I left for summer.

They are French to be fair, quite a lot will be fairly clued up on cycling, even at the moment it gets equal weighting with the WC in French sports' pages (admittedly now the French are out).
Reply 107
Have you ever masterbated?
What did you have for iftar?
Original post by Roger1
Have you ever masterbated?
What did you have for iftar?

No comment.

Chapati/Chicken and my Somali neighbors made some rice.
Reply 109
Would you marry a non-virgin Muslim girl?
Original post by Roger1
Would you marry a non-virgin Muslim girl?

Probably not.
Reply 111
Probably not.

So you wanna be the one to pop her cherry?
Original post by Roger1
So you wanna be the one to pop her cherry?

In essence, yes.
In essence, yes.

I notice you didn't answer my last question, perhaps you missed it.

What would you do/say (to your child) if they told you they were gay (at say 15 years old)? Would you be disappointed? Angry?

I may as well ask a more pertinent, to this thread, question now...

You seem to be well clued about the industry. How did you acquire your knowledge about the industry that you now possess - through certain books or work experience (or both)?
Thank you.

Blackops 2 :biggrin:

Console if its the sam I want to play you brah :smile:
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I notice you didn't answer my last question, perhaps you missed it.

What would you do/say (to your child) if they told you they were gay (at say 15 years old)? Would you be disappointed? Angry?

I may as well ask a more pertinent, to this thread, question now...

You seem to be well clued about the industry. How did you acquire your knowledge about the industry that you now possess - through certain books or work experience (or both)?

I'll likely be disaapointed, I don't know what I would do. I'll try and help them abide by Islam.

Yes both, I do a lot of reading & documentary watching surrounding the financial markets.

Sorry I'll be off to sleep, need to get up for another days labour.
Console if its the sam I want to play you brah :smile:

PS3 PSN : Celerity_Havoc
Original post by rileyj
est-ce que tu aimes lécher ta mère's vagin????

I haven't a clue what that means.

Original post by mrandmr.crane
When did you first know you wanted to work in IB?
Ideally, how will you spend your retirement?
What's your favourite colour?
:biggrin:

I was interested in economics/trading since about year 7 when I used to flip stocks on the grand exchange in runescape for substantial capital gains. I had no idea such markets existed in the real world. My real determination for IB started around the beginning of Y13.

With my wife and kids, in Dubai.

Don't really have a favourite colour, I don't understand the logic of liking a particular colour.
I'll likely be disaapointed, I don't know what I would do. I'll try and help them abide by Islam.

Yes both, I do a lot of reading & documentary watching surrounding the financial markets.

Sorry I'll be off to sleep, need to get up for another days labour.

What about if they declared they were atheist and rejected Islam (and thus persisted to maintain their homosexuality)?

Any books that you found particularly helpful? Also, you mentioned that you trade in a virtual US stock market - what is this called and can anyone sign up?
kthxbai.

Spoiler

why do you work in Investment Banking? Isn't it Haram?

Quick Reply

Latest