Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv_97)
    My stats are as follows:
    Gcse 9a*s 1a
    As AAAA
    UKCAT 747.5 band 1

I'm a bit confused about how they use ukcat - do they score each section separately because mine range from 690 to 810 and I don't know if the 690 section would let me down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    690 would definitely not let you down, it's a pretty high score for this year. And since you're average is amazing, you'll definitely be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    Oh sorry hah. My phone autocorrected it all to Polish
    I wanted to say it's rather safe although your VR is bit low
    lolol explains it.
    I suppose it would be worth applying as a 'risky' one then.
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bashur)
    So 690 is good for Nottingham, I'm so confused!
    It's not 'good' as in, it would be a quite risky to apply with a score of 690 but you still have a chance of getting an interview.
    I got 700 and I've decided not to apply as I've already got a 'risky' uni, but if I didn't have a particularly risky uni then I might have applied to nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Nottingham uni today and got told everything about admissions, ask me anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fingbing)
    lolol explains it.
    I suppose it would be worth applying as a 'risky' one then.
    thanks!

(Original post by TheProblematique)
    It's not 'good' as in, it would be a quite risky to apply with a score of 690 but you still have a chance of getting an interview.
    I got 700 and I've decided not to apply as I've already got a 'risky' uni, but if I didn't have a particularly risky uni then I might have applied to nottingham.
    This year average will be probably lower than lasts years and both 690 and 700 are fine. I got 707.5 last year and got an offer (although ukcat was abt 48% of pre interview score by that time)

(Original post by Efemena15)
    I went to Nottingham uni today and got told everything about admissions, ask me anything
    Did they also told you how many documents you must read and sign after confirming your place? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    This year average will be probably lower than lasts years and both 690 and 700 are fine. I got 707.5 last year and got an offer (although ukcat was abt 48% of pre interview score by that time)

Did they also told you how many documents you must read and sign after confirming your place? .
    Yes, 13. Loool nah I kid, they didn't tell me that

ReputationRep:
    How important is the PS really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenS0ulz)
    How important is the PS really?
    Getting your personal statement read is the hard part. I'll explain in the next post to show everyone

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: 29% is placed on GCSEs and 71% is placed on UKCAT

Your top 8 GCSEs are marked, with A* being 2 points and an A being 1
    The UKCAT is scored as followed: 801-900 = 9 points
    701-800 = 8 points etc

Band 1 - 3 points
    Band 2 - 2 points etc
    band 3 - 1 point
    band 4 - application is unsuccessful

The top 50% then get their personal statements read
    The personal statement is scored and the top 50% after the total scores are invited for interview

You're all welcome

ReputationRep:

701-800 = 8 points etc

Band 1 - 3 points
    Band 2 - 2 points etc
    band 3 - 1 point

The personal statement is scored and the top 50% after the total scores are invited for interview

You're all welcome
    Thanks ! Do you know if the GCSEs have to include certain subjects like eng lang?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ! Do you know if the GCSEs have to include certain subjects like eng lang?
    Yes it includes all the main core subjects, so English, Maths, triple science etc

ReputationRep:
    We even got medical contract to sign hahah. That pretty much ruined my plans to dye my hair pink as it's apparently forbidden

ReputationRep:
    Yes it includes all the main core subjects, so English, Maths, triple science etc
    Do you know if the English can be in eng lang or lit? Or does it need to be eng lang? Sorry for asking so many questions.
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if the English can be in eng lang or lit? Or does it need to be eng lang? Sorry for asking so many questions.
    Language.

ReputationRep:

701-800 = 8 points etc

Band 1 - 3 points
    Band 2 - 2 points etc
    band 3 - 1 point

You're all welcome
    That sounds like last years rather than this years IMO as 16/28 is 57% for gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love Nottingham.

Do you think the UKCAT score of 697 is rather risky in view of the new scoring system which they put 71% on the UKCAT weighting?
    I will get the full 29% in GCSE score with A* grades in 8 GCSEs but concern about my UKCAT score

Thanks in advance
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky111)
    Love Nottingham.

Do you think the UKCAT score of 697 is rather risky in view of the new scoring system which they put 71% on the UKCAT weighting?
    I will get the full 29% in GCSE score with A* grades in 8 GCSEs but concern about my UKCAT score

Thanks in advance
    I think you could be OK actually, having lurked the UKCAT thread it seems the scores this year have been a little lower compared to last year and you are 100 points above the average Could be worth a shot if you like the uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky111)
    Love Nottingham.

Thanks in advance
    You will be good to apply here- good luck

ReputationRep:
    With AAAB at AS, 12A*s at gcse and 2750 at ukcat, would my application here be risky?
    Deffinitely not a risk! Strong application. You'll do we'll at Nottingham. Have you looked at Leicester/Barts/Hull-York/Exeter as well. Leeds would be a strong option if you're taking the BMAT as would the other BMAT schools
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    With AAAB at AS, 12A*s at gcse and 2750 at ukcat, would my application here be risky?
    Solid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.