Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    But I didnt apply to nottingham because I was so worried my section 3 would be rubbish well an interview is an interview and a med school is a med school right just thinking that it appears my most unrealistic choice is southampton 5 year which i chose for my back up rather than choosing 3 GAMSAT unis so now I feel like a foool!
    hahaha my bad I miss read your post in my sleepy haze. But 63 will put you in good standing for any of the GAMSAT unis you applied to so I would say you should feel rather confident at the very least for an interview.

Yeah the medicine application game is really a trade off between playing it safe and playing it risky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    Also anything above the cut off is still legit so congratulations!!!
    Thanks and to you too. Hopefully we will both also be safe for Swansea's cut off too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    Thanks and to you too. Hopefully we will both also be safe for Swansea's cut off too!!!
    Isn't swansea usually below the others? Or is that just a fact I've made up in my head? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Isn't swansea usually below the others? Or is that just a fact I've made up in my head? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought that too! Though I guess if more people think that and have applied it may have pushed it up

ReputationRep:
    Usually bellow the others looking at previous years but I am making it a policy not to be excessively hopeful until I see either a confirmed cut off or a rejection/interview email haha. Don't think I could take all that emotional pain!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Swansea usually announce their cutoffs before giving interviews? I had a quick look at the 2014 entry thread but no one seemed to mention anything until the interviews were given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wl1)
    Does anyone know if Swansea usually announce their cutoffs before giving interviews? I had a quick look at the 2014 entry thread but no one seemed to mention anything until the interviews were given.
    Said in the other thread that they'd release the cut off today/tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wl1)
    They stated in a previous email not to expect anything prior to the week beginning 24th Nov.

ReputationRep:
    Swansea has had over 1000 applicants this year for their A101 course too so I assume the GAMSAT cut off score would be higher? This may not be the case though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    Well seeing Nottingham just sent out the email saying the cut off is 61 this year think you have a chance. I got bang on 61 so your more competitive than me if that helps any?

I have applied to Nottingham and havent had any e-mail regarding cut off scores?

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting Swansea's cutoff to hit about 59/60.

Notts emails have taken a while to be delivered, I think their mail server it taking a hammering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I'm expecting Swansea's cutoff to hit about 59/60.

Notts emails have taken a while to be delivered, I think their mail server it taking a hammering.
    That's what I'm thinking, which means more than likely no medicine for me. There's always next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstieW)
    That's what I'm thinking, which means more than likely no medicine for me. There's always next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The others seem to have jumped by 4 each, what was swansea last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The others seem to have jumped by 4 each, what was swansea last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4?! :lolwut:

Notts last year was 59/64
    SGUL was 60
    Swansea was 57

2 point increase...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    4?! :lolwut:

Notts last year was 59/64
    SGUL was 60
    Swansea was 57

2 point increase...
    I'm hoping Swansea stays at 57 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstieW)
    I'm hoping Swansea stays at 57 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Swansea seem to view the application more as a whole. I seem to remember that although the cut off shot up last year, they also had more people interviewed below the cut off score than before. All is not lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Swansea seem to view the application more as a whole. I seem to remember that although the cut off shot up last year, they also had more people interviewed below the cut off score than before. All is not lost
    I hope that's true...although not holding much hope for Swansea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    I hope that's true...although not holding much hope for Swansea.
    Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a score of 60 from last year with all my scores in each section above 50... I'm really hoping it's enough. I had an interview at SGUL last year with that score to which i didnt get in.. and this year was hoping to get a interview from nottingham and swansea (I didn't apply to them last year). It's very demoralising, this is my last shot, especially me being 25+ already.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so Swansea's cut off is 58, as announced on their FB page.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.