Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am an ex Muslim. Ask me anything. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    I am not offended. I'm just a bit creeped out, to be completely honest. I don't understand why you feel the need to go to such great lengths just to prove I have another account. Sorry if this offends you, I sincerely don't mean it as an attack, but it feels a bit desperate. It is okay though. Don't be too worried. I don't mind.
    I'm not offended. You do seem a bit defensive though. Btw I did not report you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    I lost faith in Allah a year ago. Feel free to ask mostly anything and i probably will answer all of them.
    I apologise I haven't read through the thread so if this has been asked forgive me.

Have you eaten ham, bacon, sausages since becoming an ex-muslim? If so why and if not why not

Have you drink alcohol since becoming an ex-muslim?

Have you had sex outside of marriage since being a non-muslim?

Did you belong to a very conservative sect/family/upbringing or was it pretty lax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    I'm not offended. You do seem a bit defensive though. Btw I did not report you.
    That's all in your head sis. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    That's all in your head sis. :P
    Lol, that's a good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    I am calm. Doing my Suhoor right now.
    Lol you know what I meant, no need to hassle him for the 'truth' which may or may not exist. Hope you're enjoying suhoor

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything about Islam that you do like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Lol you know what I meant, no need to hassle him for the 'truth' which may or may not exist. Hope you're enjoying suhoor
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I apologise I haven't read through the thread so if this has been asked forgive me.

Have you eaten ham, bacon, sausages since becoming an ex-muslim? If so why and if not why not

Have you drink alcohol since becoming an ex-muslim?

Have you had sex outside of marriage since being a non-muslim?

Did you belong to a very conservative sect/family/upbringing or was it pretty lax?
    I've eaten bacon because i didn't want to deny myself the supposed pleasure. I didn't like it, though I probably give it one more chance.

I have had sex, yes, and I am not married yet

My family sort of leans towards conservative...

And no, I haven't drunk yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    I've eaten bacon because i didn't want to deny myself the supposed pleasure. I didn't like it, though I probably give it one more chance.

I have had sex, yes, and I am not married yet

My family sort of leans towards conservative...

And no, I haven't drunk yet.
    Any reason you haven't drunk yet?

Is there any doubt that your decision to leave Islam may be wrong and do your parents know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    Do you want it to be true?
    Was just a genuine question!!

ReputationRep:
    What have your friends/family thought of you for doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Is there anything about Islam that you do like?
    Hmmm interesting question. Forgetting the khutbah, I like the praying and the whole meeting up with your local community. It is really calm and allows you to think and reflect (basically an excuse to get away from the phone and other distractions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    Hmmm interesting question. Forgetting the khutbah, I like the praying and the whole meeting up with your local community. It is really calm and allows you to think and reflect (basically an excuse to get away from the phone and other distractions).
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    What have your friends/family thought of you for doing this?
    My family don't know. Most of my friends don't but the few who do support it or accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    My family don't know. Most of my friends don't but the few who do support it or accept it.
    Are you ever going to tell your family? How would they react?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Was just a genuine question!!
    Check again.

ReputationRep:
    Before you gave up on Islam, did you lead a double life of sorts for a while? If so, what was that like? Did you find friends of your own age/background growing up who went through similar process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    Atheist.
    Yes, but you cannot disprove god however improbable it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Any reason you haven't drunk yet?

Is there any doubt that your decision to leave Islam may be wrong and do your parents know?
    I don't want to go home smelling of alcohol.

There is no doubt - i feel it is the best decision of my life. My parents don't know but I plan to tell them when I am living independently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    Check again.
    Check what??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.