Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    People only care when it's democracies.

If Israel were a tyranny like Gaza or Syria, nobody would care about this.
    Exactly. Israel itself keeps claiming it's the only democracy in the middle east and boasts about its "democratic" nature. Then you look at their actions and they clearly show they aren't. Isis never claims it's a democracy, it openly says it targets civilians, it openly admits it's extremist, it doesn't attempt to hide the many murders it commits, unlike Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    hahahahaha nah i am not, but honestly, what protests have ever done???
    Nothing.

http://www.jta.org/2014/07/11/news-o...l-for-boycotts

ReputationRep:
    ahahahah so what is that going to change now??

ReputationRep:
    ahahahah so what is that going to change now??
    Are you suffering from short eyesight? :P Because, I have already given the answer i.e. NOTHING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    Are you suffering from short eyesight? :P Because, I have already given the answer i.e. NOTHING.
    so we agree! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    so we agree! :cool:
    Yes but it doesn't mean I support any kind of physical attack/harm in form of terrorism or war against anyone even if it's against Jews.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it doesn't mean I support any kind of physical attack/harm in form of terrorism or war against anyone even if it's against Jews.
    So how will they defend themselves my friend? Through holding up placards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeemzBeamz)
    Exactly. Israel itself keeps claiming it's the only democracy in the middle east and boasts about its "democratic" nature. Then you look at their actions and they clearly show they aren't. Isis never claims it's a democracy, it openly says it targets civilians, it openly admits it's extremist, it doesn't attempt to hide the many murders it commits, unlike Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't quite mean it in that way. When Israel says it is the only democracy in the middle east, it is correct. It faces terrible enemies and sometimes appears to sink to their level, but it is nowhere near as bad as ISIS, Hezbollah, Assad, Syrian rebel jihadists or Hamas, to name a few. You can tell this by observing its weaponry. Israel has the power to obliterate Gaza tomorrow, if it so wishes. If it had the mentality of its enemies, it would do so without hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    So how will they defend themselves my friend? Through holding up placards?
    There should be a peaceful dialogue between Israel and Palestine.

I am Muslim, and I condemn when Israel bombs Palestinian kids but at the same time I hate so called jihadists because they are either killing Muslims (Pakistani Talibans are killing innocent Pakistani civilians) or demolishing mosques (ISIS in Iraq). These jihadists are fighting for money & power. Islam means peace and all these **** jihadists are portraying Islam as a barbaric religion.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a peaceful dialogue between Israel and Palestine.

I am Muslim, and I condemn when Israel bombs Palestinian kids but at the same time I hate so called jihadists because they are either killing Muslims (Pakistani Talibans are killing innocent Pakistani civilians) or demolishing mosques (ISIS in Iraq). These jihadists are fighting for money & power. Islam means peace and all these **** jihadists are portraying Islam as a barbaric religion.
    A peaceful anything won't happen anytime soon bro, don't you know what the Zionists are trying to do? They are trying to force Palestinians our of their houses! If the Zionists wanted peace, they would have it long time ago! The Israeli Administration is full of reckless psychopaths and you can't negotiate with psychopaths because all they want is your destruction.

Islam means peace but it also means to defend yourself in war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Ghandhi didn't win independence for India.

it was the culmination of hundreds of freedom fighters work and deaths to get to where gandhi spearheaded independence.

Why cant the palestinians get their **** together?
    It was a joke. I was taking the piss.

Are you sure you want to know the reason they can't. Because once you get me started I'm not going to stop.
    Maybe then you'll stop with your ignorant and stupid comments Mr "I've done the research" you clearly ****ing haven't.

Don't you dare even start your ****e with me. Not after the way I've seen you act with some of the people on here. Because I'm not taking any of it.

(Original post by TSA)
    Because he didn't say anything about Muslims he just called all the protestors hippies, I'm sure there are Muslims and non-Muslims alike protesting. I'm pretty sure he wasn't insulting Muslims, just the act of protesting. I think anyway.
    Yeah maybe I read too much into it
    I thought he was maybe being racist or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabmax22)
    Having read a lot around the conflict of Israel and Palestine, I have not been able to find out why exactly Israel has occupied Palestine. I assume that is because most sources are pro-Palestine. I haven't really formed an opinion on the whole case and whose side to take but on the face of it Israel do seem to be in the wrong at least in most people's eyes. Being objective however, I would like to know what Israel's side of the argument is. It is natural to feel more sympathetic towards the underdogs (Palestine) for being less able to defend themselves but this is irrelevant IF it is Palestine who are in the wrong. I think most people are too quick to form a judgement and let their emotions make irrational decisions for them. That's not to say that I'm taking Israel's (or anyone's) side, but I do think people should spend more time researching both sides of the argument rather than naively accepting what they are presented with. After all, I'm sure Israel have their reasons. They did not just wake up with random hate for Palestine. So what exactly is Israel's argument?
    I don't know what Israel's argument is, but here's mine: Israel is a liberal democracy. Gaza is an abject tyranny. Allowing the people who run Gaza (Hamas) to win their war against Israel - which involves wiping out the entire state - would be awful. I therefore support Israel, despite the death toll in Gaza (much as I support Britain against Nazi Germany, despite the death toll in Dresden).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    It has nothing to do with saracens being there. No idea why you assumed that.

It will just do nothing, Israel won't stop, Hamas won't stop because some people protest. It's a waste of time.
    You mean *Israel won't stop because nothing can influence them.

There is clearly no point in arguing with you.
    I actually feel sorry for you because you've been brainwashed. But its okay, I genuienly understand why you are like this. :console:
    You're clearly a Zionist, and I've been told that nothing. Absolutely nothing can change you guys. You have no compassion but I understand why. Its okay
    You should talk to some of the Jewish protestors who are against Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    You mean *Israel won't stop because nothing can influence them.

There is clearly no point in arguing with you.
    I actually feel sorry for you because you've been brainwashed. But its okay, I genuienly understand why you are like this. :console:
    You're clearly a Zionist, and I've been told that nothing. Absolutely nothing can change you guys. You have no compassion but I understand why. Its okay
    You should talk to some of the Jewish protestors who are against Israel.
    How am I zionist?... I think that the holy land shouldn't have been given to en masse european migrants. But it doesn't change the fact they're there and the terrorist muslim organizations are as bad or worse than the Israeli militant forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Ghandhi didn't win independence for India.

it was the culmination of hundreds of freedom fighters work and deaths to get to where gandhi spearheaded independence.

Why cant the palestinians get their **** together?
    Allow making fun of Palestinians...

What's India's stance in all this?

I read earlier today Israel wanted to destroy Pakistans nuclear weapons and wanted it done through India but India refused to help Israel destroy Pakistan. I've never been prouder to be partially Indian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    It was a joke. I was taking the piss.

Are you sure you want to know the reason they can't. Because once you get me started I'm not going to stop.
    Maybe then you'll stop with your ignorant and stupid comments Mr "I've done the research" you clearly ****ing haven't.

Don't you dare even start your ****e with me. Not after the way I've seen you act with some of the people on here. Because I'm not taking any of it.

Yeah maybe I read too much into it
    I thought he was maybe being racist or something.
    Yeah because that's something to joke about :confused:

My theory is that nobody actually seems to care about Palestine as their situation has steadily worsened and Muslims come to their protests every time Israel shell it, but nothing comes of it, ever.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujahid95)
    Protesting gets you no where and i know that from experience especially if you tell police beforehand. You have to make it funny and shocking.
    (Original post by Drewski)
    No, we just know it'll be of ****-all use.

Name a single protest in the last 25 years that has worked...
    (Original post by plusC)
    I'm not going to go out and protest as I imagine that would agitate people and disturb the accessibility of certain areas within london for something that will probably not have an impact on the cause

I do support the cause they are protesting about, just disagree with the perceived utility of such a protest
    Alot of people on here love to talk about how ineffective protesting and other unified masses of movements are from the safety of their chair infront of their computer screen.

Perhaps you should all chip in for a lovely flight over to Kiev, have a nice stroll through the east of Ukraine whilst you're visiting and be sure to send a postcard to the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Yeah because that's something to joke about :confused:

My theory is that nobody actually seems to care about Palestine as their situation has steadily worsened and Muslims come to their protests every time Israel shell it, but nothing comes of it, ever.
    You do know there are quite a few jihadi groups operating inside Palestine?

And yes there is a definite lack of actual support.

ReputationRep:
    A peaceful anything won't happen anytime soon bro, don't you know what the Zionists are trying to do? They are trying to force Palestinians our of their houses! If the Zionists wanted peace, they would have it long time ago! The Israeli Administration is full of reckless psychopaths and you can't negotiate with psychopaths because all they want is your destruction.

Islam means peace but it also means to defend yourself in war.
    Then, why don't you go to Israel and kill Israeli soldiers. You won't go there because you will prefer to kill innocent people in London becssue innocent civilians don't retaliate.

Islam doesn't allow to kill anyone. And all these so called jihadists are fighting for money & power. Why not rich Arabs have ever pressurised USA/Israel? KSA is the largest oil producing country, if it wanted it would have resolved this issue through a peaceful way by pressuring USA.

P.S. I always hate to talk about politics and religion. These are very personal things. Therefore, I am unsubscribing this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Then, why don't you go to Israel and kill Israeli soldiers. You won't go there because you will prefer to kill innocent people in London becssue innocent civilians don't retaliate.

Islam doesn't allow to kill anyone. And all these so called jihadists are fighting for money & power. Why not rich Arabs have ever pressurised USA/Israel? KSA is the largest oil producing country, if it wanted it would have resolved this issue through a peaceful way by pressuring USA.

P.S. I always hate to talk about politics and religion. These are very personal things. Therefore, I am unsubscribing this thread.
    Your views are stupid, good choice to unsubscribe

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.