Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me because I am short and you are implying I am fat. Or if you are talking generally about women on average having more body fat than men due to breasts and hip fat.

Though it generally costs me quite a bit to drink, I can drink some of my male friends under the table.

Ofc it was a general comment, I don't know your height and weight. Everything is so personal to girls, I'm guessing it's estrogen /brain wiring/whatever chemicals

The guys you know must be some serious hipster wussies, how much can you drink? Do you know the number of units? Most girls I know start going into the outer limits after a glass of wine lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'd *happy* be a girl after knowing the hardships of being a man/guy

ReputationRep:
    Phaha all my friends are male anyway well bar two, but one of them is like a lad like me the other i barely see
    Wow xD I got to an all-girls' school, so I barely have any male friends. Sad because I know I'd definitely get on with the more- I have similar interests to most males xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Ofc it was a general comment, I don't know your height and weight. Everything is so personal to girls, I'm guessing it's estrogen /brain wiring/whatever chemicals

The guys you know must be some serious hipster wussies, how much can you drink? Do you know the number of units? Most girls I know start going into the outer limits after a glass of wine lol.
    Phaha I wouldn't have thought you were commenting on me if it weren't that I had disclosed my height on several threads today that have been on the front page.

I don't know the units of hand (I've never paid much attention to them) but on a night out I'll generally drink between 1/3 or 1/2 of a 70cl bottle of vodka for pre-drinks before going out. If down the pub will get 2 pitchers which is about 8 pints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Wow xD I got to an all-girls' school, so I barely have any male friends. Sad because I know I'd definitely get on with the more- I have similar interests to most males xD
    I don't think I could have survived an all girls school I lived in an all girls flat last year for university and that was difficult, they were lovely girls but I didn't have much in common with them and there was a lot of conflict and girl drama which I've never had much interest in partaking in :')

ReputationRep:
    True.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could have survived an all girls school I lived in an all girls flat last year for university and that was difficult, they were lovely girls but I didn't have much in common with them and there was a lot of conflict and girl drama which I've never had much interest in partaking in :')
    The amount of girl drama is just... Yeah, it's not great. They kick up a fuss about really petty things xD And they're so gossipy and *****y

ReputationRep:
    I'm a genuinely ditzy blonde (note this isn't inherently the case with all blondes) female; believe me when I say the female issues are amplified in this area. Not only do I have the weaker sex thing lorded over me but often I accidentally make it appear provably right.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of girl drama is just... Yeah, it's not great. They kick up a fuss about really petty things xD And they're so gossipy and *****y
    Ahaha I think the age and environment draws it out of them a lot, it's nowhere near as bad when you get to university.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I still don't agree with it. It just seems wrong to me to only offer it to the women, I can understand they are trying to get more women on the course but I think they are going the wrong way about it.
    I completely agree with you on this point. What a;so really takes the piss s that the amount of men doing English is as smaller, if not smaller, than for women doing physics. You don't see them getting special privileges because of their gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    I completely agree with you on this point. What a;so really takes the piss s that the amount of men doing English is as smaller, if not smaller, than for women doing physics. You don't see them getting special privileges because of their gender.
    It certainly doesn't solve problems :/ just garnishes them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.

As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!
    I like being a girl (:
    I don't see it as being the "weaker" sex .. we're different to boys and boys are different to girls, for example; I think girls can be more compassionate and better listeners and boys can have a physical edge in the strength department - however nowadays we get male nurses who are just as compassionate if not better than the women and female wrestlers who might be stronger than the men (possibly? i'm not well up with wrestling).. so I think there's much more equality than there's ever been.. there's definitely differences though, and I think that's a positive thing
    sometimes. What I like about being a girl;
    *Getting all dressed up, makeup hair clothes etc, guys can't really cover up their flaws with maybelline and max factor so I'm pretty greatful for that..
    *Girl-talk. I don't think there's a better feeling when you're having a proper conversation with your best friend about life, love, and just laughing at random things
    *Facials, manicures, etcetc.. I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that stuff if I were a boy..
    *Being able to express my emotions freely without feeling the need to bottle everything up, which I see so many guys do, because they feel if they express anything they're being p*****.

And I don't know, there's lots of perks with being a girl. Yeah, the periods suck, giving birth looks horrific and there's too much terrible sexism in different parts of the world that really needs sorting but.. I wouldn't be a boy for a £million..

ReputationRep:
    This is story of a woman to became a man. It may change ones perspective just a little.

I know it is a long read but it is well worth it.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry...n-to-red-pill/

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm not going to be one of those women who depends on men. I want to be independent. I want to know that I have my own job, earn my own money and am perfectly capable of protecting my children. Are you living in the 19th century?

:lol: Being unattractive is really fun though! It means it's very easy to make male friends xD
    I feel the same, to be honest, I would rather we worked as a team at bringing in the beacon and both took time out of careers to be the main care provider to any children

ReputationRep:
    Apart from periods, I love being female :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate being a woman also to be honest, it's a hassle.
    I get honked at by cars at least 50% of the time if I go out the house alone and then yelled at out of cars by lude men or men in the street, I can't go out at night on my own for fear of being raped. I get constantly criticized for the way I look. I get sexually assaulted in clubs 70% of the time . I'm mocked for being a woman whenever a serious topic is at hand. There is loads more but I really can't be bothered delving into everything I have to put up with on a day to day basis due to a pair of tits being on my chest.

Edited for clarification.
    I understand everything else (even though the percentages sound very alarming) but this surely can't happen that often?! - at least often enough to cause you distress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    Yeah I feel very sorry for you girls. As a male, it is really great being the stronger and smarter sex, and the most respected type of being on the planet Earth. But look on the bright side, at least your still a human, animals have it 100 times worse.
    Reminded me of this when you said being an animal is a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    Periods, childbirth, breastfeeding, feeling invisible after 40, all pretty sucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    women are treated better because women are seen as being more precious,nurturing and delicate so women get lots of privileges from men especially which that they take it for granted. also being a woman means you get a lot of male attention even if your not very attractive which is not true other way round.
    This is a ridiculous statement. Firstly, the word "attractive" is completely subjective. Also a boy who isn't quintessentially attractive in the looks department but has a good personality is from my own experience, more likely to gain attention than a woman with those qualities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    Periods, childbirth, breastfeeding, feeling invisible after 40, all pretty sucky
    Most men feel invisible since birth. At least you get 25 years or so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.