Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What GCSE's is everyone most worried about getting back? Watch

ReputationRep:
    terrified about chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Physics, 100%!

ReputationRep:
    did anybody else find the physical geography unit 1 aqa exam reallllllly hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    did anybody else find the physical geography unit 1 aqa exam reallllllly hard?
    Yesss i'm worried about geography both papers in fact. And chemistry and edexcel spanish (((( and maybe like all my subjects hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wait to a levels and then you will know what it is like to worry about results, gcses are too bloody easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biology Unit 2
    English Language.

ReputationRep:
    Computing and history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    I want to study Economics at University wby?
    Medicine... Yh I know it's competitive, but what do I care i really wanna do it at Exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC_Costales)
    Medicine... Yh I know it's competitive, but what do I care i really wanna do it at Exeter
    Woah medicine :eek: , what are all of your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Woah medicine :eek: , what are all of your predicted grades?
    Eng. lit - A
    Physics - A*
    Maths - A
    Psychology - A*
    Geography - A
    Eng. Lang - B
    Chemistry - C (Already have it but I should have got a B if my teacher didnt leave during our coursework time)
    Biology - B (Would've got an A , same reason as above)
    Further Maths - B
    French - B
    RE - A

Yh they're really average but I'm gonna study my ass off for A level and try and get a good UKCAT score

ReputationRep:
    Eng. lit - A
    Physics - A*
    Maths - A
    Psychology - A*
    Geography - A
    Eng. Lang - B
    Chemistry - C (Already have it but I should have got a B if my teacher didnt leave during our coursework time)
    Biology - B (Would've got an A , same reason as above)
    Further Maths - B
    French - B
    RE - A

Yh they're really average but I'm gonna study my ass off for A level and try and get a good UKCAT score
    Well good luck on the 21st

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck on the 21st
    Thank you. Good luck as well btw, from my predicted grades, is it good enough for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    I think nearly everyone flunked geography
    What exam board did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Maths, its one of those subjects where I miss the next grade by 1-2 marks. Plus the grade boundaries are high this year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Good luck as well btw, from my predicted grades, is it good enough for medicine?
    In my honest opinion University places are very competitive, especially for Medicine therefore I think your low grades in Chemistry and Biology might affect your successful as youll be alongside hundreds of students who got A* in them at GCSE and have similar if not identical AS/A level grades- usually AAB-A*A*A for medicine. I would not give up hope now as most if not all Universities do not count GCSEs in their Entry Requirements except from a B or above in Maths and English. If you do very well at AS level e AAAA/AAAAA with some 90%+ UMS then I do not see why you would not get a place. But also remember that even applicants with A*AA have been rejected from medicine before so if I were you I would also try to get some work experience to increase your chances and bulk up your personal statement.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohitstia)
    Imagine, what if we've all just completely failed? What if we just read the question completely wrong.....I just am kind of expecting an a in eng lit and lang because I normally get one, but what if my paper was just completely awful??? This is a genuine worry. Anyone feel the same??
    YOU'RE MAKING ME PARANOID.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    YOU'RE MAKING ME PARANOID.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I apologise. Kind of. 19 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the aqa english lit exam, specifically on An Inspector Calls or Of Mice and Men?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Akaidiskjsjsb time's flown by already! Got a feeling these next few weeks will drag..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my honest opinion University places are very competitive, especially for Medicine therefore I think your low grades in Chemistry and Biology might affect your successful as youll be alongside hundreds of students who got A* in them at GCSE and have similar if not identical AS/A level grades- usually AAB-A*A*A for medicine. I would not give up hope now as most if not all Universities do not count GCSEs in their Entry Requirements except from a B or above in Maths and English. If you do very well at AS level e AAAA/AAAAA with some 90%+ UMS then I do not see why you would not get a place. But also remember that even applicants with A*AA have been rejected from medicine before so if I were you I would also try to get some work experience to increase your chances and bulk up your personal statement.
    Yh I am aware of my grades in Chem and Bio, but it was due to extenuating circumstances and so I hope they consider it. But, believe you me when I say I've been busy with work experience over the holidays.... I volunteer at a GP, Charity shop and Nursing Home, and I'm applying to apply to a hospital aswell, in which I intend to continue when I'm in sixth form..... Also, I heard that some uni's such as Durham don't look at GCSEs provided that you have a predicted grade of AAA in A level and a high UKCAT score so I'm gonna practice the UKCAT after AS-Level to make sure I get a good grade. It's the same with Plymouth aswell. What are your predicted grades by the way?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.