Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is an individual who is three quarter black and one quarter white mixed race Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've learnt a lot from making this post and I have indeed come to a conclusion.
    What's your conclusion and are you white or mixed race? (You're obviously not black as we have learnt this) I think you're a bit arrogant on that you feel because you're mixed race you are more English and worth more than a black British person, which is sort of true but not to the extent you make it out to be

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt a lot from making this post and I have indeed come to a conclusion.
    You aren't threadstarter? You're Anonymous 3 not anonymous 1?

Umm

Nah I didn't start this thread

Umm
    This isn't a laughing matter, stop being an uneducated fool.

I'm the thread starter wtf......

(Original post by PaulHugh)
    What's your conclusion and are you white or mixed race? (You're obviously not black as we have learnt this) I think you're a bit arrogant on that you feel because you're mixed race you are more English and worth more than a black British person, which is sort of true but not to the extent you make it out to be

My conclusion. (The real thread starter) is that I am mixed-race and I am not white or black. Although as Matthew said, I have some white blood, so I can call myself white as a defense to someone calling me black (knowing full-well that I am not black but in fact mixed-race, ie being given relevant and valid information to prove that I am not black but mixed-race and therefore should never be referred to as a black British individual and that I should never be compared to a black British individual, since I am actually not black). So if this ever occurs I will call myself white, however if someone accepts that I am mixed-race given they have received the relevant information that proves I am not black but in fact mixed race, and they accept that I am indeed not black (or white, literally nobody would call me white so that is why I rarely include that I am not 'white English' when stating I am mixed race, it isn't that I can't accept I am white as I can and have always indicated and implies this) then I would agree.

Some people will call me black even when given sufficient information which proves that I am not black british but actually mixed race british, so I will try and persuade them I am mixed race but if they still deny the truth, then I will say I am white as I am a quarter white.

So to answer your question, no I am not white. I am mixed-race and that is correct, I am definetly not black, I will never be black that just isn't me. A mixed race person isn't black or white and will never be black or white. To be black both of your parents need to be black, you need to have four black grandparents (dead or alive) and to be white both of you parents have to be white and you need to have four white grandparents. I have neither, so I am not white or black, I am in fact mixed race.

All I want is for people to accept I am mixed race, when given sufficient information and that isn't much to ask. I am not saying that people should determine that I am mixed race without this information and by looking at me as that is a difficult task.

Yes I am eccentric and I will continue to be strange and eccentric as you should embrace your beliefs, thoughts, interesrs, traits regardless as to whether they are socially acceptable and as to what people think. As you only live once, so we all need to make the most out of life and be ourselves. I think my mother believes this, do she lets me be what I am. She doesn't lie to me and tell me what I am not, for example she had never told me that I am black or that I am white, she has however told me that I am mixed race.

Ignore that imbecile who is imatating me, they probably aren't mixed-race and don't know how it feels to be called something you aren't and to be denied what you are.

That's all I have to say really.

To edit my post. You still shouldn't lie to someone about their race. For example I personally believe the concept of 'Mormon' is ridiculous, and that Mormons doesn't actually exist. However I would accept the fact a Mormon is a Mormon and that the book of Mormon is a religion even though it looks like a load of rubbish to me.

So yes some bits of my post aren't entirely accurate, though I did in-effect go off on a tangent as it were; since this thread is about a mixed race person being called black and how that is a lie, as a mixed race person is a mixed race person and s black person is a black person. A mixed race person is also not a white person as a mixed race person is a mixed race person and a white person is a white person.

To edit my post. You still shouldn't lie to someone about their race. For example I personally believe the concept of 'Mormon' is ridiculous, and that Mormons doesn't actually exist. However I would accept the fact a Mormon is a Mormon and that the book of Mormon is a religion even though it looks like a load of rubbish to me.

So yes some bits of my post aren't entirely accurate, though I did in-effect go off on a tangent as it were; since this thread is about a mixed race person being called black and how that is a lie, as a mixed race person is a mixed race person and s black person is a black person. A mixed race person is also not a white person as a mixed race person is a mixed race person and a white person is a white person.
    Another edit (yes I make a few errors)

You shouldn't lie to someone about what they are rather as your race is what you are. So if you're mixed race then you don't belong to an original race, you belong to the mixed race persons (group) which is in effect its own new race.

No I am Spartacus​ the thread starter.

ReputationRep:
    My conclusion. (The real thread starter) is that I am mixed-race and I am not white or black. Although as Matthew said, I have some white blood, so I can call myself white as a defense to someone calling me black (knowing full-well that I am not black but in fact mixed-race, ie being given relevant and valid information to prove that I am not black but mixed-race and therefore should never be referred to as a black British individual and that I should never be compared to a black British individual, since I am actually not black). So if this ever occurs I will call myself white, however if someone accepts that I am mixed-race given they have received the relevant information that proves I am not black but in fact mixed race, and they accept that I am indeed not black (or white, literally nobody would call me white so that is why I rarely include that I am not 'white English' when stating I am mixed race, it isn't that I can't accept I am white as I can and have always indicated and implies this) then I would agree.

Some people will call me black even when given sufficient information which proves that I am not black british but actually mixed race british, so I will try and persuade them I am mixed race but if they still deny the truth, then I will say I am white as I am a quarter white.

So to answer your question, no I am not white. I am mixed-race and that is correct, I am definetly not black, I will never be black that just isn't me. A mixed race person isn't black or white and will never be black or white. To be black both of your parents need to be black, you need to have four black grandparents (dead or alive) and to be white both of you parents have to be white and you need to have four white grandparents. I have neither, so I am not white or black, I am in fact mixed race.

All I want is for people to accept I am mixed race, when given sufficient information and that isn't much to ask. I am not saying that people should determine that I am mixed race without this information and by looking at me as that is a difficult task.

Yes I am eccentric and I will continue to be strange and eccentric as you should embrace your beliefs, thoughts, interesrs, traits regardless as to whether they are socially acceptable and as to what people think. As you only live once, so we all need to make the most out of life and be ourselves. I think my mother believes this, do she lets me be what I am. She doesn't lie to me and tell me what I am not, for example she had never told me that I am black or that I am white, she has however told me that I am mixed race.

Ignore that imbecile who is imatating me, they probably aren't mixed-race and don't know how it feels to be called something you aren't and to be denied what you are.

That's all I have to say really.

OK, so from reading through your three posts. You have made a reasonable conclusion and that you only call yourself white as a defense mechanism to people knowingly misidentifying you as black.

I would also like to add that I have never met such an insanely arrogant and fixated human-being, but I guess that's what happens when you are 'called something you're not)

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness - you are a black person. Not even a light-skinned black person. You do not need to "defend" yourself against blackness becuase blackness is not something to be defended against.

Please, seek help, you really need it.

To repeat: You are not and NEVER, EVER, will be "white English".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velasco)
    Oh my goodness - you are a black person. Not even a light-skinned black person. You do not need to "defend" yourself against blackness becuase blackness is not something to be defended against.

Please, seek help, you really need it.

To repeat: You are not and NEVER, EVER, will be "white English".
    Well they will never be a black English person or a white english person. A mixed race person can only be a mixed race person cos you can't be something you're not. They presumably don't care about black people so they'd just laugh at your opinion

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so desperate to be white ?

ReputationRep:
    I am also three quarter black and one quarter white. I am mixed race, however I often also get called black as you may not be able to tell that I'm mixed race. As I look black, people may perceive me as a a stereotypical black person, of which the qualities are often (sadly) negative which is why you may be offended? But you yourself know that a lot or all of those stereotypes don't apply to you. The same goes for a fully black person though. Who are these people anyway? Not your family or friends I'm assuming, so why do you even care how you are perceived by a stranger?

You think that being regarded as white is better? And at that a middle-class white person? These people as a group are also sometimes subjected to being perceived in a negative light, but again just based on stereotypes. They are irrelevant and often untrue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulHugh)
    Well they will never be a black English person or a white english person. A mixed race person can only be a mixed race person cos you can't be something you're not. They presumably don't care about black people so they'd just laugh at your opinion
    His Englishness is not in question so let's leave that aside.

People like Rihanna, Naomi Campbell, Drake, Yaya Da Costa, Nicki Minaj, Beyonc Blu Cantrell...these are all black people. No question, no discussion. They have European or other ancestry, but there can be no doubting that these are black people, of predominantly African extraction. A white grandparent, green eyes, thinner hair, non-Negroid features, etc etc, are a testament to one's mixed ancestry, but hardly an impediment to "blackness".

OP is black, both in his own and other's eyes: both genetically and before society: every day of his life he lives and experiences blackness, albeit in an increasingly twisted and unhealthy dynamic which has caused him so much pain as to actively seek to deny his own identity and prove himself white English. Anyone aiding or abetting this delusion, this sick fantasy he clings onto so strongly does not have his best interests at heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    You're just as much white as black, however white people will class you as being black regardless of what you may say one drop rule.
    Did you not read what OP said? "3/4 black and 1/4 white...they are therefore NOT as much white as they are black

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a middle class teenager who is three quartres black and a quarter

My mother is half white and half black, her father is black and her mother is white (British). My father is black (African) I don't really know him and so I'm much more tied to my mothers side.

I don't associate with black British as I dislike their style and don't consider myself black. I also live in a middle-class area and so there aren't many blacks of whom I can associate with anyway. I feel that I fit in with white people better.

My skin colour is sort of average black, so obviously I look quite black. However my hair isn't as coarse as the average black British African and it is wavy/ straight when short ( sort of Asian) and so I am able to apply hair products which black people don't use; such as matt clay, texture gum and styling gel.

I personally consider myself white as I believe if you white in you then you're white. Why not? Some people who are quarter black consider themselves as black.. My grandmother is an original white English person, so I feel quite white and English.

I know that the actual category for me would be mixed race in all honesty and i can accept that. I'm interested to know if people consider an individual who is three quarter black as black or mixed.
    You are mixed race, and what is wrong with that!

ReputationRep:
    OP, Obama's children are like you (3/4 black and 1/4 white). If you look at a picture of them though, they look black, so would be considered by society to be black.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303797&stc=1
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    OP, Obama's children are like you (3/4 black and 1/4 white). If you look at a picture of them though, they look black, so would be considered by society to be black.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303797&stc=1
    This is Blue Ivy - I know she isn't 3/4 black and 1/4 white - actually, as far as I can make out, she has a lot more black in her than that - but this just serves to illustrate that you can't compare OP with other children who happen to be roughly the same mix as them. Unless OP puts up a photo we don't know how dark/ light they are (although that isn't really the point anyway).
    I'm mixed ~50:50 and there is quite a wide colour range even between all my siblings.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303995&stc=1
    Attached Images

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.