Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some guys act like lads? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leftee)
    Guys that hate 'LADs' are just jealous they don't have the balls to be one, and the women that dislike them only say they don't but really, they'd love to slapped around the bedroom by one.
    Pretty sure not all women would like to have sex with a guy that just wants to get his **** wet who has probably been with everything that breathes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StayCee089)
    Its quite funny actually because those are the guys that will probably end up alone in the long run if they don't change their ways and settle down eventually :P
    Everyone settles down eventually. Can't we let these people enjoy themselves while they are young?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Everyone settles down eventually. Can't we let these people enjoy themselves while they are young?
    Oh definitely :3 not saying they can't do whatever they want haha, just one day they will have to mature and settle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    What constitutes as a lad? Because I'm a right **** when I'm drunk and I think I may fit the description...
    Just getting drunk and going out doesn't make you a lad. To be a lad, there has to be some banter and FIFA in there too. Lads don't drink anything than fosters and budweiser, so if you drink vodka you're out.

Do you look like this?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Envy them? No girls and getting 'focken ****faced' off one Fosters is nothing to envy
    Ah I see. I thought we were talking about the ones that drink 30 fosters in a night and get completely rat arsed. That is what it is like at my University. Lads who drink more than their own body weight.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. I thought we were talking about the ones that drink 30 fosters in a night and get completely rat arsed. That is what it is like at my University. Lads who drink more than their own body weight.
    No I was talking about the cheeky nandos, emile heskey, EDL, banter types who look like this.

I think the key difference is lads go out and have fun because they want to, LADS is a subculture for people who crave the image are desperate to look hard
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    No I was talking about the cheeky nandos, emile heskey, EDL, banter types who look like this.

I think the key difference is lads go out and have fun because they want to, LADS is a subculture for people who crave the image are desperate to look hard
    What you posted looks like working class people? Doesn't necessarily equate to them being lads.. also don't get your gripe with fifa. It's a game enjoyed by all types of boys and men

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure not all women would like to have sex with a guy that just wants to get his **** wet who has probably been with everything that breathes.
    No she is right, what she is saying here is girls tend to **** laddish type guys in their 20s then they look for someone who is 'marriage material' to settle down with, but ask yourself do you want to be marriage material. 30 onwards woman start to loose their looks, she'll of been passed around in her 20s (when she was hot) riding a bunch of lad ****. Do you want to be the guy that settle with that sort of woman? No **** that. Guys in their late 30s can still pull easily, guys in their 40s tend to be wealthy and if they keep in shape still can pull as much as they did in their 20s, by 40 lots of woman are nowhere near as hot as they were at 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    What you posted looks like working class people? Doesn't necessarily equate to them being lads.. also don't get your gripe with fifa. It's a game enjoyed by all types of boys and men

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The game itself is fine...

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The game itself is fine...

i lol'd

you can't handle the bantz m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pussy Galore)
    No she is right, what she is saying here is girls tend to **** laddish type guys in their 20s then they look for someone who is 'marriage material' to settle down with, but ask yourself do you want to be marriage material. 30 onwards woman start to loose their looks, she'll of been passed around in her 20s (when she was hot) riding a bunch of lad ****. Do you want to be the guy that settle with that sort of woman? No **** that. Guys in their late 30s can still pull easily, guys in their 40s tend to be wealthy and if they keep in shape still can pull as much as they did in their 20s, by 40 lots of woman are nowhere near as hot as they were at 20.
    Guess that's something us women have to deal with! Maybe that's why we tend to get into relationships more than ****ing around? Idk. But seems plausible.

ReputationRep:
    Guess that's something us women have to deal with! Maybe that's why we tend to get into relationships more than ****ing around? Idk. But seems plausible.
    Do what you want with yourself, **** around, I don't care. I'm just not going to a marry a girl that slutted it up in her 20s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pussy Galore)
    Do what you want with yourself, **** around, I don't care. I'm just not going to a marry a girl that slutted it up in her 20s.
    I never said anything about being slutty :P Yeah a lot of girls are, but a lot of girls also aren't :L I'm not the kind of person who would sleep with every guy who breaks out the chat up lines. Guess you'll have to find one that didn't then :-] there are plenty.

ReputationRep:
    I never said anything about being slutty :P Yeah a lot of girls are, but a lot of girls also aren't :L I'm not the kind of person who would sleep with every guy who breaks out the chat up lines. Guess you'll have to find one that didn't then :-] there are plenty.
    ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    They're obnoxious, stupid and annoying. Not to mention offensive
    All of them? Have you met all of them?

ReputationRep:
    I just realised the OP's username lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of them? Have you met all of them?
    Their very actions are annoying

ReputationRep:
    A lad is as a lad does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    really? Thats not that bad then..
    Talking about fifa and going out to eat nandos..
    lmfao. I find this thread so funny. All the boring people making fun of and giving examples of laddish behaviour. But all of them make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Witty bantar is the highest form of intelligence. Maybe you don't have sufficient levels of intelligence to participate in said bantar, and so find it annoying.
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Their very actions are annoying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.