Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am pro-Israel, ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    Ye indeed! Work hard and you too can bomb your neighbours with impunity.

I really have no desire to bring "Jewish traits" in to a debate on the current Israeli governments action against the people of Palestine. The anti-semetic and anti-Arab/Islamophobia on display on both sides of the debate is sickening.

Indeed I would suggest you yourself hold ill feelings towards the Arabs based on your elevating of the Israelis to a higher status.
    The actions of your opposition elevate you to a higher status.

Hmm who to support? nut job terrorists willing to kill anyone and against anything human or a legitimate state which is built upon hard work?

Nice assumptions by the way

Carry on trying to take your humanitarian stand it wont solve anything unless the terrorists hamas stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    I would say it's more propaganda tinted with anti-Arab sentiment. The Israelis seem determined to collectively punish Gazan's for the actions of Hamas.

What he has done is taken an isolated event, extracted his own understanding from it and then applied it to the current situation in a way that devalues the lives of Palestinians and condones the actions of Israel.

It's actually pretty disgusting when you think it through.
    I honestly try to avoid arguing about the conflict as it gets no where and won't change anything... but how can you say Israel wants to punish them all collectively when they are clearly trying their best to avoid civilian casualties and warning the people and calling off air strikes because people are going on roofs as Hamas shields?????

About the second point I 100% agree with you on that... I just found it pretty controversial and wanted to see the TSR reaction. Altho it also shows how much israel care about each individual and how much they would trade for one Israeli.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DouglasAdams)
    I am glad you asked because I was deeply saddened and outraged to hear about that news.
    I understand that the IDF are investigating the matter, and if indeed it was found out to be a rogue pilot or the like, then he should indeed be punished to the full extent of the law, in accordance with his crimes.
    It's funny you should say that because I mentioned this to another Jewish Israeli on another thread and he became all defensive and claimed it was all Hammas and that Israel was completely innocent in the entire situation, without any evidence to back his argument of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)

Hmm who to support? nut job terrorists willing to kill anyone and against anything human or a legitimate state which is built upon hard work?

Carry on trying to take your humanitarian stand it wont solve anything unless the terrorists hamas stop.
    Sorry, who was it who bombed a school today?

ReputationRep:
    I don`t like you OP. Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm pro-Israel but I struggle to come up with an answer when I as myself "What should they do instead?".

It was arguably wreckless of Israel to lanch attacks on Gaza following the kidnaping and murder of those boys given the fact (as far as I'm aware) there was very little immediately available evidence it was Hamas and they certainly didn't claim responsibility. Israel has much greater firepower and military capacity than Palestine/Hamas and should really have been a bit more politically diplomatic about that incident (don't get me wrong who ever kidnapped and murderd those teenagers should be held accountable but properly. It feels a little like they just used it as an excuse).

The continuity of the conflict I do blame Hamas for though. Their goal is to "eradicate" Israel and don't seem particularly cooperative at the negotiating table. The branches of Hamas who do seem willing to broker peace are being drowned out by those still concerned with destroying Israel. Every time a Palestinian is killed by Israeli retaliation it just further subdues the viability of those in Hamas after peace. This is why I believe Hamas are comfortable with launching from civilian areas and provoking Israeli counter strikes which enevitabley kill civilians.

Israel aren't doing much to prevent innocent Palestinian deaths but this is where I reach the "what should they do instead?" issue. It's not like Hamas are going to just stop.

Would you agree with that evaluation?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, nice to see some support! Good to meet you as well buddy.
    interesting how you didn't respond with "I fail to see how the words "Ask anything" in the title were so confusing to you." to that statement as well, when it wasn't a question either

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you have a right to someone elses land?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    Sounds like he believes you can only be a terrorist if you are Muslim. Israel are killing innocent civilians yet they are seen as noble whereas Gaza, the people who lost a massive chunk of THEIR land, try to defend themselves and try to salvage some of the lost land and they are seen as killers and are called terrorists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Sounds like he believes you can only be a terrorist if you are Muslim.
    Yeah it seems like quite a few ignorant people on here believe that. So hypocritical

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it was justifiable to attack a hospital in Gaza, despite the fact that it's a violation of international humanitarian laws to attack hospitals?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if OP will ever be back to answer our questions

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you only noticed the situation today and not the past 100 years? typical emotional westerner. Most likely Hamas hit that school with their ruber dingy rapids terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    I wonder if OP will ever be back to answer our questions
    Sorry, I have been away (and still am) so can only answer questions atm by phone which takes much longer to type on... I can try and answer a few a day though until I get back, if that is what you like however.
    I'll do the rest when I return home.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you only noticed the situation today and not the past 100 years? typical emotional westerner. Most likely Hamas hit that school with their ruber dingy rapids terrorists.
    Nope, I'm just not biased like you are. How am I emotional? I'm guessing you're Jewish otherwise there would be no other logical reason for you supporting Israel

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm just not biased like you are. How am I emotional? I'm guessing you're Jewish otherwise there would be no other logical reason for you supporting Israel
    Wow shock surprise, i'm actually not jewish.

Thanks for the assumptions btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye_m)
    I honestly try to avoid arguing about the conflict as it gets no where and won't change anything... but how can you say Israel wants to punish them all collectively when they are clearly trying their best to avoid civilian casualties and warning the people and calling off air strikes because people are going on roofs as Hamas shields?????

About the second point I 100% agree with you on that... I just found it pretty controversial and wanted to see the TSR reaction. Altho it also shows how much israel care about each individual and how much they would trade for one Israeli.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Israel is being at best careless if we are going by the rate of civilian casualties. There's quite clearly a lot of propaganda being spun by both sides so it's hard to know the truth. Nobody in Gaza (aid workers etc.) seems to think that this is the pinpoint operation the Israelis would have us believe however. The Secretary of State of their most important ally doesn't seem to believe so either.

ReputationRep:

So innocent, hard working Arabs deserve to die? That's your bottom line?

I really do feel quite sad for you that you see the world in rather black and white, good guy v bad guy terms and you believe humanitarianism to be pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I have been away (and still am) so can only answer questions atm by phone which takes much longer to type on... I can try and answer a few a day though until I get back, if that is what you like however.
    I'll do the rest when I return home.
    No worries, I just thought you'd disappeared because of the sheer amount of questions lol

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been to Israel? Where abouts? What was it like, and was it hot?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.