Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do your parents feel about you dating outside of your race? Watch

ReputationRep:
    That would hate it.

It's probably an extra incentive tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Already a product of inter-racial relationship, Eurasian here. English and south east Asian.

I'll date whoever really, seen this tall Black woman who was beautiful! But I would prefer to date someone from Europe or from Asia themselves (Chinese, Japanese, Thai etc), leaning towards the Asian side. I'm open to dating an African if I really like her, that Danai Guierra from Walking Dead is hot!

Even better if the girl was Blasian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Is she an ex-Muslim too?
    I'm not sure how she defines herself exactly, but she does lean toward Atheism.

My parents want me to marry a Hindu (I'm a Hindu myself). Also, unless you're a Hindu, you may not know that Hindus are also sub-divided into different types, and I'm a 'Lohana', so my parents would like me to marry a Lohana boy. I want to marry a Lohana too - so it's a win win!

ReputationRep:
    My parents would prefer me to marry Ethiopian or at least a East-African. Also they have to be Muslim. But I could not give a flying ****. I marry who I am attracted to. I do not care about race at all. I go to multicultural school with all type of races and religions. Thank god for that because intolerant people are so stupid. Begin a liberal Muslim my view is not so popular among Muslim, so it would properly make a marriage with a Muslim guy hard, if he has strict views. But yeah I could have relationship with any religion or race as long as they have liberal views and as long they are not closed minded.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My dad would go ape if I did.

My mum wouldn't mind.

But personally I wouldn't date someone of a different race. So..

ReputationRep:
    Any race as long as she was muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    All of my mums side are Irish my nan and grandad didn't care who my mum, auntie and uncles dated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats cool! whats ur other half?

ReputationRep:
    My parents would prefer a Hindu girl, preferably Gujarati and of the same caste. They would prefer anyone over Muslims though.

I, on the other hand, would prefer an atheist, preferably Indian. Not sure how likely I would be to find one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My parents want me to marry a Hindu (I'm a Hindu myself). Also, unless you're a Hindu, you may not know that Hindus are also sub-divided into different types, and I'm a 'Lohana', so my parents would like me to marry a Lohana boy. I want to marry a Lohana too - so it's a win win!

My parents also want me to marry an Hindu from a good caste (I'm from Singapore) my parents told me that I can only marry within my own race.

I don't really mind because I'm only attracted to girls of my own race but the condition are really hard....

She has to be :
    1- From a good caste
    2- Rich
    3-Virgin
    4- Pur blood Tamil
    5-Well educated

It's going to be hard lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    My parents would prefer a Hindu girl, preferably Gujarati and of the same caste. They would prefer anyone over Muslims though.

I, on the other hand, would prefer an atheist, preferably Indian. Not sure how likely I would be to find one though

Same here lol
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my parents would care if i dated someone of a different race. My mum probably would't be too keen if i dated someone who followed a drastically different Religion from us though (even though most of the guys I've liked have not followed the same religion :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:

Same for me, anything but a Muslim lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think they'd be surprised but not particularly bothered by it.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't mind, the vast majority of my family is mixed anyway. My Father would mind if he was Muslim though.

ReputationRep:
    They might be a bit awkward at first, but as long as I'm happy they're happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your caste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med_medine)
    Why do you think my girlfriend is asian but all my one night stands are with white girls? I am Korean by the way so that says it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please talk to Mr.Smurf. He seems to be of the idea that oriental guys can't get white girls, when it's him with the problem.

On topic, no my parents wouldn't care at all, as long as the guy is nice and respectful. I know long term they'd probably prefer me to get with a black guy, but race isn't an issue to them at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)
    thats cool! whats ur other half?
    This may sound weird or whatever but I have no idea my dad's never really spoke about it, neither has his parents. I'd like to know personally

But my parents don't mind who I go out with

But for race I'm fully white.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To summarise the thread, racism is rampant among TSR members and if you're black and Muslim at the same time your chances of finding a partner are very slim. Interesting...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.