Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halamadrid777)
    Which ones? I applied to UofM, Liverpool, Cardiff, Sheffield, and QUB? :rolleyes:
    I have no idea, I can't even remember how long it took for mine to respond when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    I have no idea, I can't even remember how long it took for mine to respond when I applied.
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody applying for any physics degree been invited to an interview yet?
    Sent my application monday, got one offer but not heard back from manchester yet
    thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Has anybody applying for any physics degree been invited to an interview yet?
    Sent my application monday, got one offer but not heard back from manchester yet
    thanks !
    where did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking? I applied on 19th Sept and still haven't heard back from any Uni I applied to. I can't wait anymore.

ReputationRep:
    where did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking? I applied on 19th Sept and still haven't heard back from any Uni I applied to. I can't wait anymore.
    I got an offer from uni of glasgow but apparently they are renowned for giving out early offers to excellent candidates.
    I wouldn't worry honestly! A lot of unis reply soo late its ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from uni of glasgow but apparently they are renowned for giving out early offers to excellent candidates.
    I wouldn't worry honestly! A lot of unis reply soo late its ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations on your offer from Glasgow I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, and Liverpool sent me a mail saying they're busy till Oct 3 for student registration and all
    All the best with the rest of your choices though!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offer from Glasgow I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, and Liverpool sent me a mail saying they're busy till Oct 3 for student registration and all
    All the best with the rest of your choices though!
    Thank you!
    Yeah exactly, even receiving acknowledgement is reassuring :')
    Thanks so much, you too !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Yeah exactly, even receiving acknowledgement is reassuring :')
    Thanks so much, you too !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My pleasure

ReputationRep:
    With AS grades BCC in biol math and chem respectively, how likely am I to get an offer for Manchester pharmacy with predicted grades AAB with the A's in chem and biol? I haven't got the best of GCSE's either (3 A's 5 B's and 2C's)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any other chem eng applicants been invited for interview. My interview is on the 22/10/14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    With AS grades BCC in biol math and chem respectively, how likely am I to get an offer for Manchester pharmacy with predicted grades AAB with the A's in chem and biol? I haven't got the best of GCSE's either (3 A's 5 B's and 2C's)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not saying it is not possible but your personal statement have to be really good. General requirement was AAA - AAB. Manchester loves to see your achievement and skills that you gained based on their personal statement guide sheet. Goodluck. You have a good predictable grade so a conditional offer...They may probably take in account that a level reform messed up many people...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolattelee)
    Not saying it is not possible but your personal statement have to be really good. General requirement was AAA - AAB. Manchester loves to see your achievement and skills that you gained based on their personal statement guide sheet. Goodluck. You have a good predictable grade so a conditional offer...They may probably take in account that a level reform messed up many people...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, yeah I think my ps will be really good as I have a lot of volunteering and stuff. I haven't heard anything about their personal statement guide sheet? And what do you mean by a level reform?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay got invited to interview today! Excited and nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay got invited to interview today! Excited and nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done, What course and when.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdmchill)
    Well done, What course and when.
    thank you!
    maths and physics, 11th of november

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    Thanks, yeah I think my ps will be really good as I have a lot of volunteering and stuff. I haven't heard anything about their personal statement guide sheet? And what do you mean by a level reform?
    oh the alevel reform now all exams are taken in the summer...it used to be some in jan and then some in june/july which was less pressure and stress!

ahhh i see, well im on their programme thing as i live in manchester. it's basically a template for a personal statement...
    but i didnt really use it because it was different...

my college taught me to use like 80% of the personal statement to express your interest and reasons why you do this course etc.
    but in the manchester uni, its template is rather 80% of achievements/skills

idk so i suppose they really like skills or achievements

ReputationRep:
    thank you!
    maths and physics, 11th of november
    Nice, Chem eng 22nd oct for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdmchill)
    Nice, Chem eng 22nd oct for me
    ahh congrats so relieved I really really love it there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolattelee)
    oh the alevel reform now all exams are taken in the summer...it used to be some in jan and then some in june/july which was less pressure and stress!

ahhh i see, well im on their programme thing as i live in manchester. it's basically a template for a personal statement...
    but i didnt really use it because it was different...

my college taught me to use like 80% of the personal statement to express your interest and reasons why you do this course etc.
    but in the manchester uni, its template is rather 80% of achievements/skills

idk so i suppose they really like skills or achievements
    Oh right okay, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)

Hi, I'll be sending off my application first week of November. I'll be applying for a Foundation year, am I leaving it too late?!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.