Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spenceyy)
    I'm not sure about the order, but I replied asking where the first email was:
    Dear James,

It appears there is a problem with the link email which you should have received. Please bear with us whilst we try to solve the issue. You will be emailed tomorrow regarding this and you do not need to contact us in the mean time.

Kind regards,

Griffin Ryder (Mr)
    Yeah I got that email too- again leading me to believe it was just an error. It does seem a bit early for them to send out interview invites, they usually wait until mid December or like the 5th or 6th at least.

Also normally they interview those in Band 1 first, again why Im confused as Im pretty sure Im Band 3 (or Band 2 if Im lucky)

ReputationRep:
    They would've realised by now that there's a mistake then. One of my friends called the admissions office anyway and they said it's legit, just wait till tomorrow and see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does someone know how many people imperial interviewed last year and how many were accepted

ReputationRep:
    Wow!!!!
    im sooooo surprised by how the interviews r out to people with surprisingly "low" BMAT scores first.... By which I mean not low but compared to the bands they have....! I haven't been told anything yet when were u guys told? They said in an email they sent that interview invitations start on 4th dec lol, not the 2nd....
    I got 4.6 5.4 3A, were ur personal statements/references/experiences rlly good? I'm sad (((((((
    has anyone got a rejection yet, if u don't mind sharing stats?

(If I sound a bit rude, I'm sorry! Just rlly surprised...) also are any of u international? Do imperial send out fee status forms before assessing applications?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I feel that everyone may have got this email.

I got it, and my BMAT scores were 5.1 6.3 4.5A

10 A*s at GCSE and 4 A* predictions!

Oh yeah lol got an Oxford interview today as well got excited thinking 2 interviews in one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Could they potentially be going in reverse order this year? Take out Band 3 first and then move onto Band 2 and Band 1 for BMAT? Im so confused and worried that this is all a mistake

EDIT: Or maybe theyre going by predicted grades/ GCSE grades instead this year?
    I got 7A* 3A in GCSE and AAAA in AS and A*A*A*A* predicted, not got an interview yet.... I think I might cry, any one want to join me? Bmat in my above comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)
    I dunno, I feel that everyone may have got this email.

I got it, and my BMAT scores were 5.1 6.3 4.5A

10 A*s at GCSE and 4 A* predictions!

Oh yeah lol got an Oxford interview today as well got excited thinking 2 interviews in one day
    I'm gonna cry...
    Well done and congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on everyone who has managed to get an interview so far!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master219)
    I'm gonna cry...
    Well done and congrats!!!
    Awww sweetie don't cry! Trust, I don't think it's legit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazzyBoo)
    Awww sweetie don't cry! Trust, I don't think it's legit.
    Lol, I'll try...
    anyways, i can't see why it wouldn't b legit, I mean if it isn't, something big will happen cuz quite a lot of ppl got these emails...
    but congrats on both interviews and gd luck!!!
    when did u get the emails? I guess I'll just sit and wait for the rejection to come through, I'm done with life lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'll try...
    anyways, i can't see why it wouldn't b legit, I mean if it isn't, something big will happen cuz quite a lot of ppl got these emails...
    but congrats on both interviews and gd luck!!!
    when did u get the emails? I guess I'll just sit and wait for the rejection to come through, I'm done with life lol
    It really could be an error considering the crazy numbers of people getting the email. Wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Stay positive in the mean time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechRaid3r)
    It really could be an error considering the crazy numbers of people getting the email. Wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Stay positive in the mean time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do u know how many people got the email, out of interest?
    and what time did u get urs?

ReputationRep:
    Do u know how many people got the email, out of interest?
    and what time did u get urs?
    I don't know :/ and around 4:50pm I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechRaid3r)
    I don't know :/ and around 4:50pm I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok, kl...ill monitor this thread carefully tomorrow lol...
    Ukhhh, a bit gutted, even if it's not real lol, which I hiiiiiighly doubt

ReputationRep:
    Have any of u got dates yet for the interview? i heard the emails they sent had like broken links lol... Have any of u got that kind of email? What did the second email say abt the broken link?

Sorry for soooo many questions

ReputationRep:
    Stressing so bad about this weird interview email thing. I got it and phoned them to ask what was going on. The receptionist said it was 100% legit and that not everyone received it - if you have it then you do have an interview. Still slightly skeptical though...

ReputationRep:
    Have any of u got dates yet for the interview? i heard the emails they sent had like broken links lol... Have any of u got that kind of email? What did the second email say abt the broken link?

Sorry for soooo many questions
    They were meant to include a link for something but it wasn't there. Im so baffled about this, it's never happened before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat1996)
    Stressing so bad about this weird interview email thing. I got it and phoned them to ask what was going on. The receptionist said it was 100% legit and that not everyone received it - if you have it then you do have an interview. Still slightly skeptical though...
    Why are you still skeptical if they told you it's legit on the phone?!?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to cry
    Haven't heard anything yet
    BMAT 4.9, 6.6 and 4A
    9A*s and 2A at IGCSEs
    4As and a B (English literature) at AS
    4A*s at A Levels
    Still doing A level Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnuunnuu)
    Why are you still skeptical if they told you it's legit on the phone?!?
    Just because so many people have got that email, my BMAT was good but not spectacular (not band 1 material I didn't think!!), and because I'm so paranoid that I'll be getting my hopes up for nothing :'(

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.