Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just to add, I agree with having course titles with usernames underneath . I think it will be easier for new people that way. Us oldies know more or less what each person is applying for, but new people will want to find people looking to study the same course as them . Each title could be a link to the Connect page for that course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm *so* excited but scared a bit
    My only friend in Spanish is resitting AS
    I don't know if my two friends will be in my English Class
    and I don't know if any of my fellow musician friends are still taking music
    It could potentially be a lonely year in class D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    Aw only one girl is continuing with music in my school

That's sad

ReputationRep:
    Joined my local GYM today - First timer

I decided I wanted to bulk up muscle wise as I'm 58kg + 5 foot 9In. ----> I'm in the low boundary for "average".
    I signed up & had my gym induction today I feel like such a Newb seeing everyone ripped i.e 3-12 months consistency at gym. :couchpotato:

I'm planning to go 3x a week & wanted to build up my upper body strength @ Biceps, triceps, lats, delts, chest, back & core, I finished 3 hours workout and my muscles are aching so badly :boxing: But by Xmas/New years I should see some visual progress being made with my help of protein shakes

Question @ Guys?
    Do you go gym, if not do you do any sports?
    How often do you go?
    What was your motivation?

Q) @Everyone ....How many people in your class worked out i.e at gym?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Just to add, I agree with having course titles with usernames underneath . I think it will be easier for new people that way. Us oldies know more or less what each person is applying for, but new people will want to find people looking to study the same course as them . Each title could be a link to the Connect page for that course.
    I'm working on it

just added my connect that's all, didn't bother with my GCSE's though take too long for all 16 of them -.-
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    :console: I feel you. My physics class was never big (eight people, which to be fair was a x4 increase from what they had the previous year), and I only know one other person that's definitely doing it to A2. My school forces people to drop the subject with the lowest grade, so I'm unsure if others are staying. I can't get hold of some people to even know what their grades were yet

ReputationRep:
    When's everyone's first day back to sixth form? I'm feeling excited yet super anxious! Don't want to slack and screw up

ReputationRep:
    Aw only one girl is continuing with music in my school

That's sad
    Even though music is pretty useless in what I want to do I am happiest there and we're all a little family because we play instruments!>.<
    I only really need Spanish! It's a shame they always make cutbacks on the arts, and that less people are interested.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Joined my local GYM today - First timer

I decided I wanted to bulk up muscle wise as I'm 58kg + 5 foot 9In. ----> I'm in the low boundary for "average".
    I signed up & had my gym induction today I feel like such a Newb seeing everyone ripped i.e 3-12 months consistency at gym. :couchpotato:

I wanted to build up upper body strength @ Biceps, triceps, lats, delts, chest, back & core, I finished 3 hours workout and my muscles are aching so badly. :boxing:
    Good on you for joining a gym 3 hours sounds pretty intense! I can't be dealing with seeing super fit people not even break a sweat while I'm dying on a treadmill so whenever I can be bothered to exercise I just do it outside

(Original post by techno836)
    I'm working on it

just added my connect that's all, didn't bother with my GCSE's though take too long for all 16 of them -.-
    I added mine and then took them off It made the page look messy...

(Original post by overthelove)
    When's everyone's first day back to sixth form? I'm feeling excited yet super anxious! Don't want to slack and screw up
    Wednesday 3rd! Still got two weeks of summer left though, don't want to be wasting that

ReputationRep:
    You haven't seen them?!:eek:

You missed my 50k
    just done it

btw how I do get the word ' medicine ' to have a link to the page? (looks waaay more professional ;D )

ReputationRep:
    :console: I feel you. My physics class was never big (eight people, which to be fair was a x4 increase from what they had the previous year), and I only know one other person that's definitely doing it to A2. My school forces people to drop the subject with the lowest grade, so I'm unsure if others are staying. I can't get hold of some people to even know what their grades were yet
    That's kind of logical, but nevertheless I think it's up to the student to decide what subject they're dropping! Hopefully I'll get my timetable on Tuesday so I can see where I stand... we can carry on with any subject as long as we get a D or above. I hope it all works out for you though!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    just done it

btw how I do get the word ' medicine ' to have a link to the page? (looks waaay more professional ;D )
    [ url=(the url)] Words you want as title [/url]

ReputationRep:
    [ url=(the url)] Words you want as title [/url]
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    just done it

Oh tails has done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    2nd September... I am not prepared! I still have two essays to write before then because I've spent all summer stressing about the UKCAT instead of doing holiday homework... What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh tails has done it
    Yeah :lol: Do you reckon I should unexpand the names then? , I quite like them means I get to be nosey and see how everybody gets on :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    2nd September... I am not prepared! I still have two essays to write before then because I've spent all summer stressing about the UKCAT instead of doing holiday homework... What about you?
    Oh looool holiday homework :lol: I forgot I had that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    100% worth it ! :yep:

the UKCAT is horrible! I hated it :bleugh:

ReputationRep:
    Oh looool holiday homework :lol: I forgot I had that
    The teachers at my school love to set 'projects' over the holidays. :mad: I mean, it's good practise and it means you don't forget everything over summer, but it's a bit stressful! Do you have much?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :lol: Do you reckon I should unexpand the names then? , I quite like them means I get to be nosey and see how everybody gets on :lol:
    Whatever you want

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.