Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Diets aren't really a good long term way to lose weight, instead you need to change your lifestyle gradually. I did this by changing my habits one by one, which meant I could sustain my new ''diet''. For example, i started by cutting down the amount of fizzy drinks I had, until I was drinking no fizzy drinks at all. Then i got into the habit of having a healthy breakfast everyday, so I have muesli and yoghurt.
    Losing weight takes a long time, so you need to change your lifestyle instead of trying fad diets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabby.1.2)
    Diets aren't really a good long term way to lose weight, instead you need to change your lifestyle gradually. I did this by changing my habits one by one, which meant I could sustain my new ''diet''. For example, i started by cutting down the amount of fizzy drinks I had, until I was drinking no fizzy drinks at all. Then i got into the habit of having a healthy breakfast everyday, so I have muesli and yoghurt.
    Losing weight takes a long time, so you need to change your lifestyle instead of trying fad diets
    Depends what you call a long time. A fat person can be average sized in just a few months if they do it correctly. The first load of fat literally drips off in comparison to the last I. E getting ripped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Depends what you call a long time. A fat person can be average sized in just a few months if they do it correctly. The first load of fat literally drips off in comparison to the last I. E getting ripped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I meant a few months, i should have specified haha :')

ReputationRep:
    What has been working for me is eating this everyday for dinner. Lowest calorie ready meal I could find. Combined with other small changes to diet and I've lost 2 stone since March (12 down to 10). 10 was my goal so I'm taking a break and merely maintaining weight for now (because work is stressful and I deserve food) but round two starts in 2 weeks time once I am free from the workplace! 9 & 1/2 is the next goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mobinalimbu)
    I think i need to lose some weight especially cuz i have nothing much to do and i have tried like water diet and stuff but somehow i just cant do it for too long !! Anyone who knows good ways to lose weight quick that maybe is fun and easy?

Also if you are planning on leaving some rude messages then leave now !! Only people who cares, understand and respects others suggestions are welcome to comment !!
    There's no quick solution, unless you want to starve yourself, do hours of cardio a day and hop on DNP (fat burner).

Realistically it'll take you around 13 weeks to drop 20lbs.

Should have started at the beginning of summer, a bit late now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabby.1.2)
    Dropping fizzy drinks? Lol?

Haven't you heard of coke zero, fanta zero, diet dr pepper, fanta zero, Pepsi max, etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    if you lose the lard under your skin quicker than your body is able to get correctly accustomed to the lack of usuality, then it will not adjust properly and you'll get stretchy skin - I mean, it's not that bad, it's just a bit annoying if you realise that you don't need to have it if you just lose weight more gradually - I lost weight quickly, for example, so I've got some of it
    Nope, it's all genetics. Some people can drop weight incredibly fast and have no loose skin. Others are very susceptible to it.

ReputationRep:
    Go of an hour walk on an empty stomach every morning
    - drink only water
    - get your 5 a day from only veg
    -drink a full glass of water with every meal
    - drink green tea, helps to increase metabolism
    - count calories and macros
    -3 days a week of cardio vascular training - try HIIT
    - can try intermittent fasting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you lack motivation to exercise (like me ) then get a friend to join you. Or do really short routines that are like 5mins long but really intense (you can find some good ones on youtube)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomguy786)
    Dropping fizzy drinks? Lol?

Haven't you heard of coke zero, fanta zero, diet dr pepper, fanta zero, Pepsi max, etc?
    They're not much better, just replace sugar with saccharin which is arguably worse.

The people who assume something is ok just because it says no sugar, diet or low fat on the package are often overweight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're not much better, just replace sugar with saccharin which is arguably worse.

The people who assume something is ok just because it says no sugar, diet or low fat on the package are often overweight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arguably worse?

Please explain how an almost zero calorie drink can impede fat loss

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    arguably worse for your health? maybe

arguably worse for fat loss? nope, they will zero impact on fat loss so long as you're at a deficit, they cannot defy the laws of thermodynamics sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)

arguably worse for fat loss? nope, they will zero impact on fat loss so long as you're at a deficit, they cannot defy the laws of thermodynamics sorry
    Exactly. Calories in vs calories out.

And the statement about the majority of people drinking these drinks are overweight is just an assumption.

I've dropped 25lbs drinking these drinks, even litres per day sometimes. Some people have very silly misconceptions with no proof to back up their arguments. Oh, I was by no means overweight prior to dropping the 25lbs FYI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbara95)
    I intend on starting this diet by a KPOP group called the Secret diet a friend of mine is on it and she's lost quite a lot like 7kg a month.
    Monday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, 1 sweet potato
    Lunch: chicken breast salad
    Dinner: 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Tuesday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, low-fat milk
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato
    Dinner: 8 strawberries, 5 cherry tomatoes

Wednesday
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 5 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Thursday
    Lunch: chicken breast, 8 strawberries
    Dinner: 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Friday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple
    Lunch: 3 eggs, 1 cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 10 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Saturday
    Dinner: 1 tofu, 3 cherry tomatoes

Sunday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, low-fat milk
    Dinner: 1 cucumber

I intend on starting this when I go to uni as my mum will not allow me to diet. Good Luck
    I call this starving yourself. If you do this diet you are going to slow down your metabolism, and once you leave this diet you're going to gain it back all again.

Now people may not agree to this, but I lost so much weight by just drinking green tea (1hr later after meals), drinking lots of water, eating healthy, no sweets, no junk and not eating after 5pm/7pm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    That doesn't sound healthy, that sounds DANGEROUS!
    That's no more than 1,000 calories a day (probably closer to 800)!

EDIT:
    Link to something I like to eat on a regular basis posted further on in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post49516883
    I agree with this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mobinalimbu)
    I think i need to lose some weight especially cuz i have nothing much to do and i have tried like water diet and stuff but somehow i just cant do it for too long !! Anyone who knows good ways to lose weight quick that maybe is fun and easy?

Also if you are planning on leaving some rude messages then leave now !! Only people who cares, understand and respects others suggestions are welcome to comment !!
    I've lost half a stone this week and plan to lose another next week. I am normally 8.5 stone but put on 1stone over the summer holidays. It's really getting me down and I don't want to start uni like this. I'll put my diet below. For all the critics out there saying 'you shouldn't eat this little you'll pass out, or, you're starving your body'; well 1. I haven't passed out I feel fine and 2. starving your body by some calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. It may not be the healthiest method, but being overweight isn't healthy either; both mentally and physically. And for the others that say eat three meals and exercise it off; if you eat three meals and exercise it off you are left with same calorie deficit as if you had just skipped that meal, so please go away.

This is what I did for the past week:

Breakfast: Nescafe chocolate mocha (about 100 calories)
    Lunch: ANYTHING 300 or under calories
    Dinner: ANYTHING 300 or under calories.

It doesn't feel like much of a diet because you can have whatever you want. Personally I opt for healthy meals like salads because you can fit a lot more in 300 calories. I also walk for a minimum of half an hour everyday. If I feel really low on energy (which always seems to be a wednesday morning) I also have a breakfast snack bar with my coffee. I drink diet coke to kill sweet cravings.

Lost half a stone in 7 days, hoping to loose the next now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-love-coffee)
    Lost half a stone in 7 days, hoping to loose the next now.
    You've lost water weight/muscle, or you've been weighing yourself at different times or in different states of undress. At your weight you utilise 11000~ calories a week (including the walking)
    Your intake is 800 calories a day (including coffees/random stuff, making 5600 calories a week.

Your fat loss is 5400 calories, or 0.77kg.

napkin maths, but yea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imconfused)
    I call this starving yourself. If you do this diet you are going to slow down your metabolism, and once you leave this diet you're going to gain it back all again.

Now people may not agree to this, but I lost so much weight by just drinking green tea (1hr later after meals), drinking lots of water, eating healthy, no sweets, no junk and not eating after 5pm/7pm..
    It is starving yourself. It's not a diet for weightloss, it's an ED diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)

Depends. There's some evidence that some affect ketone activity, but in a general sense, you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You've lost water weight/muscle, or you've been weighing yourself at different times or in different states of undress. At your weight you utilise 11000~ calories a week (including the walking)
    Your intake is 800 calories a day (including coffees/random stuff, making 5600 calories a week.

Your fat loss is 5400 calories, or 0.77kg.

napkin maths, but yea.
    Not at all, if it was water weight I wouldn't have a noticeable difference in clothes sizes, as well as inches measured on tape.

I weigh myself every 3 days before breakfast in the same underwear.

I know it should only be around 1kg of weight loss, but I'm one of those people who gain and loose seriously easily. So I put a stone on easily, and I'm loosing it easily. The only reason I share the diet I do is because if someone has the same body type it may work for them too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.