When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

accountant-future
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
1 point from 4 games now, and 4 consecutive defeats for the first time since 2009. 4 points off relegation and questionable team selections.

Rodgers should be under serious pressure now.
On serious, serious borrowed time
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
1 point from 4 games now, and 4 consecutive defeats for the first time since 2009. 4 points off relegation and questionable team selections.

Rodgers should be under serious pressure now.
Who even is available? Let's be realistic to move forward Liverpool need go for a continental manager, but who even is out there who would move the club forward?

It's quite sad really, that Chelsea loss is so massive. It could be so different if they got a result from that game. But as a result of it, it's just destroyed Rodgers and Liverpool. The owners really need to talk to Rodgers properly and work what is best for the future. This start is unacceptable. Dreadful United and Arsenal teams are doing better ffs.

On a lighter note, 5 points off top 4 after this start :confused:

Gerrard's got to be dropped.

Carragher's spot on really.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Gob Bluth)
Who even is available? Let's be realistic to move forward Liverpool need go for a continental manager, but who even is out there who would move the club forward?

It's quite sad really, that Chelsea loss is so massive. It could be so different if they got a result from that game. But as a result of it, it's just destroyed Rodgers and Liverpool. The owners really need to talk to Rodgers properly and work what is best for the future. This start is unacceptable. Dreadful United and Arsenal teams are doing better ffs.

On a lighter note, 5 points off top 4 after this start :confused:

Gerrard's got to be dropped.

Carragher's spot on really.
Newcastle were bottom of the league a few games ago and even they're doing better.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't remember the last time a Liverpool manager bought well in the transfer market. His signings have been worse than some of King Kenny's.

If I'd been close to winning the title last season and was 12th now, I'd want him out. You expect quick success with that money spent.

Emre Can't, Richard Lambert and Markovic...to replace Suarez? You kidding me?
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Eboracum)
I don't remember the last time a Liverpool manager bought well in the transfer market. His signings have been worse than some of King Kenny's.

If I'd been close to winning the title last season and was 12th now, I'd want him out. You expect quick success with that money spent.

"When you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league''

Brendan Rodgers, 2014.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Markovic and Emre Can were not signed to replace Suarez, they were getting signed regardless for depth. Balotelli and Lambert were signed to replace Suarez. Either way he ****ed up, probably will be sacked at the end of the season.
Eboracum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
"When you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league''

Brendan Rodgers, 2014.
Well, of course I agree with that. Louis Van Ghoul should take note. 4th the bare minimum I expect this year. I'm looking at winning our next two and Saints/MC dropping points next weekend.

We're not great this year SR but ARS and LIV are just as bad or maybe worse.

(Original post by samir12)
Markovic and Emre Can were not signed to replace Suarez, they were getting signed regardless for depth. Balotelli and Lambert were signed to replace Suarez. Either way he ****ed up, probably will be sacked at the end of the season.
There's a reason Balotelli moves club so often, he's a 1 good game in 6 man.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A bad result in midweek and it could get very intense on Rodgers.

I don't think he'll go this season mainly down to last season's finish...
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The worst part about today is that I'm not even surprised we lost.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even BR seems deflated. Journalists saying he was down during the post-match press conference and said he doesn't expect to have a job through anything or something along those lines.

Until Sturridge comes back, it could get worse. Don't think he'll be sacked mid season though. Might eek it out until the end of the season.

Carragher spot on, said same when they drew to CP last season. Issues not addressed. Gerrard struggling immensely but won't get dropped. Probably get a new deal though.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Carragher spot on, said same when they drew to CP last season. Issues not addressed. Gerrard struggling immensely but won't get dropped. Probably get a new deal though.
At this rate, I wouldn't blame SG if he decided to leave.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Newcastle were bottom of the league a few games ago and even they're doing better.
Tbh Newcastle were clearly in a false position relative to the quality in their squad.

Lol at their resurgence this league is a yoyo league. Won't be surprised if Villa win vs Soton or some dumb nonsense like that.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the game against basel is going to be huge for him/liverpool...

league defeats will not be the killer blow for rogers as all of the top4 teams are doing bad, so it masks their failings, and as long as you are within touching distance of 4th, it wont be the end of his reign at liverpool (5pts is not an absolute disaster at this stage)

But loosing to basel, and being dumped out of the group stages in the CL campaign you fought so hard to get... well, can see that being a possible game-changer, and him going shortly after that..
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't remember the last time a Liverpool manager bought well in the transfer market.
Same. I'd say 07-08 was our last strong season in the transfer market - Torres, Mascherano, Lucas, Babel all came in and we got rid of a lot of deadwood (i.e. Mark Gonzalez, Sinama-Pongolle, Zenden, Cisse).
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
If Rodgers only nearly won the league because of Suarez didn't Rafa only nearly win the league because of Torres?
Some things never change. Although it was Suarez and Sturridge.

Sturridge essentially was the one who increased their goal tally last season to the previous season not Suarez.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
FSG won't rush in and sack him. Wouldn't be surprised if a list of alternatives for the summer was being prepared though.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get Phil Thompson as caretaker until the end of the season
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's Liverpool. All their own fault.

They got rid of Hodgson because they didn't like him, he didn't do very well and bought crap players.

They got Rodgers, who did badly in his first season, had a storming second season, and is now doing badly again. He spent more than £200m and bough crap players.

Rodgers is now doing worse than Hodgson, and has a lower win rate than Moyes did at Manchester United.

Rodgers is basically the last 10 years of Arsene Wenger, minus the trophy. He's stubbornly sticking to his ideas of what should be done, regardless of where it gets him in the belief that it will magically all come good. In the Arsenal match, van Gaal was getting pasted in the first half. He changed it around at half time and Arsenal couldn't cope. Wenger doesn't change anything anymore. He just sends the most predictable team out with predictable tactics. Rodgers does the same thing. He thinks he's Frank Rijkaard and can dictate to other teams to have to play to him. Someone needs to tell him that you can't do that with Stevie Me whose sell-by date was two seasons ago and a bunch of Southampton players whom he dramatically overpaid for.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Get Phil Thompson as caretaker until the end of the season
Dalglish. I long for the days of him telling Wenger to piss off at times like this.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Rodgers is basically the last 10 years of Arsene Wenger, minus the trophy. He's stubbornly sticking to his ideas of what should be done, regardless of where it gets him in the belief that it will magically all come good.
Except you are talking about being stubborn over 3 months not 10 years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads