Manchester University Nursing applicants 2015 Watch

Caz701
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ceblanc)
Ah okay yes I will be, how about you? And you too!
Yeah I will be too
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had my interview today and I feel so disheartened, especially because Manchester's my first choice. There was a girl in my group who just had to answer first to every question with a long list of answers and then the interviewers asked the person at the other side of the semi-circle to answer next and then went along the line back to the person who answered first, and because I was sat next to that person I ended up answering last to every question and I felt like I had nothing to contribute. I just felt like it was such an unfair way of doing things, especially because there were people who were clearly dominating the whole interview and I will be very surprised if I receive an offer
zchadder
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anon756)
I had my interview today and I feel so disheartened, especially because Manchester's my first choice. There was a girl in my group who just had to answer first to every question with a long list of answers and then the interviewers asked the person at the other side of the semi-circle to answer next and then went along the line back to the person who answered first, and because I was sat next to that person I ended up answering last to every question and I felt like I had nothing to contribute. I just felt like it was such an unfair way of doing things, especially because there were people who were clearly dominating the whole interview and I will be very surprised if I receive an offer
Honestly don't stress about it, I had an interview in Northumbria for nursing and it was basically just 3 girls dominating and me and the other two girls had to jump in whilst they were catching for breath!! Everything I said was all shakey and I stuttered loads cause I was so stressed out that I wasn't going to get to say anything!! But I got an offer in the end so was made up, I'm pretty sure they don't really like people who are overpowering, I think as long as you said something you'll be fine!!xxx
Caz701
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry I am sure you will be fine what sort of questions did they ask you? Xx
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zchadder)
Honestly don't stress about it, I had an interview in Northumbria for nursing and it was basically just 3 girls dominating and me and the other two girls had to jump in whilst they were catching for breath!! Everything I said was all shakey and I stuttered loads cause I was so stressed out that I wasn't going to get to say anything!! But I got an offer in the end so was made up, I'm pretty sure they don't really like people who are overpowering, I think as long as you said something you'll be fine!!xxx
Thank you so so much for the reassurance! I really hope you're right because their course sounds so good and I have my heart firmly set on Manchester xxx
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Caz701)
Don't worry about it I'm sure you will be fine thank you so much, mines next week and it's been stressing me out haha xx
Good luck, you'll be totally fine!!! xx
lejacko7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find the interview process at Manchester Uni?? I had my interview on Tuesday (11th March) and I hated the interview process compared to all the other universities I have had interviews at. I wasn’t hopeful about getting a place but surprisingly I got an offer yesterday which was 24 hours after my interview!
lejacko7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Was your interview on tuesday (11th march)? I felt exactly the same about my interview thought it was an awful way of doing it but i got an offer from UoM last night which i wasnt excpeting at all.
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lejacko7)
Was your interview on tuesday (11th march)? I felt exactly the same about my interview thought it was an awful way of doing it but i got an offer from UoM last night which i wasnt excpeting at all.
No it was on Wednesday but I got an offer last night too, I wasn't expecting it either. Congratulations!!!
Caz701
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know when they send snap password please? x
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got mine the Friday before the interview but if you don't get one (you should but someone I know didn't) they will give you a paper version of the test x
lejacko7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should get an email the Friday before your interview but I didn’t receive this email so contacted the University directly and they sent me the login details.
lejacko7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No it was on Wednesday but I got an offer last night too, I wasn't expecting it either. Congratulations!!!
Congratulation Is University of Manchester your first choice??
anon756
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lejacko7)
Congratulation Is University of Manchester your first choice??
I don't know, I have an interview at Nottingham in April and I'm waiting to see what that university is like before I make any decisions. Is UoM your first choice?
lejacko7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't decide, I live in Manchester and Want to stay local but I have had an offer from Manchester metropolitan as well so it's between those two
Caz701
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ceblanc)
Hello
Well done to everyone getting offers and interviews. I have got an interview coming up on the 18th March.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of questions they ask in the group interview, as I'm quite worried about it.
Thank you in advance
Have you received your snap password yet? Xx
Reeny26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg don't worry... I feel like you were in the same position as me. I answered every question last and I don't think I said much either
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shanny786)
Hey could you tell me what type of questions they asked please? Mines next week and im so scared ;( been rejected from everywhere else but UoM was always my first choice x

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not allowed to ask for specific interview questions - any answers would give you an unfair advantage over the other applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shanny786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey, whats the snap test like anyone?
Ware94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello everybody, I have a interview on wednesday 1st. just booked my hotel and train as I'm coming from Hull. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for the english test, Im not as worried for the maths as there is lots i can practice on such as snap, but there isn't anything for the english one.

would be very appreciated xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed